Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Torrey's status as a #1 is not defined by statistics. It's defined by the respect defenses show him. They are going to play him as if he is a #1. That's all that matters.

This is correct IMO.

"Featured receiver" is the term I've started using from the offensive perspective.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Re: Should the Ravens draft a WR with one of their pick?

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    This is correct IMO.

"Featured receiver" is the term I've started using from the offensive perspective.
    That is a good way to put it. Torrey Smith is the feature of this passing offense and, due to the attention defenses pay him, the rest of the passing offense is able to run.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

iggyman555 Guest

so when Torrey gets double teamed who do you trust to get open and catch the ball? currently i dont have trust in any of our other receivers. i know Oz and the FO have a plan a, plan b, plan c and plan d. hope we get plan A instead of plan D

Blog Entries
    Tavon austin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    so when Torrey gets double teamed who do you trust to get open and catch the ball? currently i dont have trust in any of our other receivers. i know Oz and the FO have a plan a, plan b, plan c and plan d. hope we get plan A instead of plan D
    One thing is that Boldin didn't exactly get open. He had to make all of his catches in tight coverage.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Tavon austin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    and this...

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    One thing is that Boldin didn't exactly get open. He had to make all of his catches in tight coverage.
    he made them though, and took over a few games this year and last...honestly besides pitta and torrey i dont trust anyone else to make a crucial catch...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    he made them though, and took over a few games this year and last...honestly besides pitta and torrey i dont trust anyone else to make a crucial catch...
    Boldin can completely dominate when full throttle. We've seen it.

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by iggyman555

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    bt, I am 100% with your thinking here... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Look, if this were a decision in a vacuum--is Boldin a good player or isn't he--it would be easy. But it's not.

This decision is between Boldin and Ellerbe, or Boldin and Kruger, or Boldin and Jake Long. The $6m Boldin was going to get paid in non-guaranteed money this year can be used to make this team better in some other area. Is Boldin SO indispensable that Ozzie should pass up locking down ILB, OT, etc? Especially given that he's 33 years old?

Ozzie has to concentrate on building this team long-term, not just 2013, and not just at any one position or one side of the ball. Of all the options on the table I'm sure the Ravens would have preferred to keep Boldin at a reduced rate, but Anquan didn't want to agree to that, which is his right. There IS a plan here, and let's wait until it all plays out before we declare defeat.

Blog Entries

While Boldin did make the catches, it proved to make things difficult in the process. The Ravens are going to put more athleticism in the spot, so that those catches can continue to be made, without having to be as challenging. None of us will know if the 'clutch' catches will be made. However, what's the point in drafting players if you are just going to keep them on the bench for three and four years?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    ... Look, if this were a decision in a vacuum ... Ozzie has to concentrate on building this team long-term, not just 2013 ...
    As you can see, I've edited your post down. I don't agree to the gist of it though. If we had a losing team, then OK, let's not over-pay an ageing WR. Let's draft a young guy. However, this Ravens team is poised for another Super Bowl run. So, I believe it's imperative to resupply Joe with the players who got him, and our team, to a 2012 championship. Boldin was a large part of that run, and I'd like to see him back in Baltimore. Of course we don't want to over-pay him, but I'd like Ozzie to make him an offer he can't refuse, and be on the Ravens roster in 2013... Bc