Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Live - presser

Blog Entries

Re: Live - presser

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I am talking about the lack of killer instict at the end of the half and end of the game - the kneel downs.

Most specifically why didn't you go for it: "too risky" " the reward wasn't worth the risk" "Backed up in your own end" etc.

Harbaugh is a loser, as a coach. Personally I think he's an outstanding guy and I'd love to have him in my corner standing up for me. BUT I don't think he has what it takes to bring home the bacon.

Could you see him letting the Giants score in the super bowl to get the ball back?
    I really don't get how you can even remotely justify that Harbaugh is a loser lol, some of the comments around here are atrocious.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I really don't get how you can even remotely justify that Harbaugh is a loser lol, some of the comments around here are atrocious.
    He thinks going for a win with time left on the clock is too risky. If you don't do everything you can to win, you will lose. Thus making one a loser.

Dont expect the scoreboard to light up, they have two good pass rushing DL's to contend with next 2 weeks with a shuffling line. I expect MAX Protection packages and trying to shorten the game and protect the Qb. They will take thier shots downfeild at times, but with this line shuffle and opponets I expect Caldwell to grind it out. Tough timing for Caldwell to be promoted to OC.
    Max protection means RB and TE stay into block and less receivers out on routes. You may see more screens and long passes alternating to take a shot at an easy score.

Blog Entries

He thinks going for a win with time left on the clock is too risky. If you don't do everything you can to win, you will lose. Thus making one a loser.
    First of all, his winning records say hello to you.

Secondly, Harbaugh is a lot more aggressive than many around here would like to believe. How about going for it on 4th and 10 in the AFCCG? Ok we didn't convert, but that's not the point in this case.

. Thus making one a loser.
    I thought losing makes one a loser? No? Sound too logical? :grbac:

Guy wins a lot more than he loses. Hence he's not a loser. Unless you consider every coach without a Super Bowl to be a loser which is, oh, 90 percent of NFL coaches.

Cams playbook may have plays that we need to use and see. But it will take a bottle of windex and alot of towels to wipe off the DUST!!! ;)

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

Just watched the Coaches show on NFL Network and it sounded like to me that Dennis Green and Brian Billick believed this was Harbaugh's decision.

I also watched a replay of John's breaking the news, I have to say I am skeptical this was his idea after watching his body language. Looked like a him or else speech.
    Last edited by Captain Silver; 12-10-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Just watched the Coaches show on NFL Network and it sounded like to me that Dennis Green and Brian Billick believed this was Harbaugh's decision.

I also watched a replay of John's breaking the news, I have to say I am skeptical this was his idea after watching his body language. Looked like a him or else speech.
    Agreed. The corporate culture (which the NFL happens to be a part of) is very cruel in these cases, having witnessed first hand a number of them myself. Usually a senior level manager comes to the middle manager and issues an ultimatum, fully prepared to move on without both the middle manager and the underling to be fired. I've always maintained that this is the culture desired not only by Bisciotti, but by an increasing number of owners in the NFL. They are moving away from the HC as leader model towards one that make him into more of a manager. Could you imagine how a Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Mike Ditka, John Madden, Chuck Noll, Bill Walsh et al would function under an owner like Bisciotti? It would be interesting, to say the least.

Blog Entries

If Houston wins tonight (fingers crossed) next week's game will be HUGE. OK it will be huge anyway but it'll be HUGE-ER

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    I thought losing makes one a loser? No? Sound too logical? :grbac:

Guy wins a lot more than he loses. Hence he's not a loser. Unless you consider every coach without a Super Bowl to be a loser which is, oh, 90 percent of NFL coaches.
    Please, if you paid attention to my post, I am not some regular Harbaugh basher. I like the guy.

I am just tired of not doing everything you can to win the game. If you don't play to win, you will lose. Harbaugh doesn't play to win. If you don't play to win you're a loser.

Do you know how they train race care drivers not to crash? They drive around a track and blowout a tire so they head towards a wall and a guy in the passenger seat makes sure the driver looks down the track (where he wants to go) and not towards the wall (where he doesn't want to go). Why? Because regardless if you want to go into the wall or not, in this case not, you will surely go there BECAUSE THAT"S WHERE YOU'RE LOOKING.

Harbaugh by his comments today has told me with his comments of "too risky" at the end of the game (to go for the win), that he is looking at losing, saying "I don't want to go there" Guess what John, that's where you're headed cause that's where you're looking.

Please, if you paid attention to my post, I am not some regular Harbaugh basher. I like the guy.

I am just tired of not doing everything you can to win the game. If you don't play to win, you will lose. Harbaugh doesn't play to win. If you don't play to win you're a loser.

Do you know how they train race care drivers not to crash? They drive around a track and blowout a tire so they head towards a wall and a guy in the passenger seat makes sure the driver looks down the track (where he wants to go) and not towards the wall (where he doesn't want to go). Why? Because regardless if you want to go into the wall or not, in this case not, you will surely go there BECAUSE THAT"S WHERE YOU'RE LOOKING.

Harbaugh by his comments today has told me with his comments of "too risky" at the end of the game (to go for the win), that he is looking at losing, saying "I don't want to go there" Guess what John, that's where you're headed cause that's where you're looking.
    Preston seems to hint in his latest article that decision was Harbaugh's to fire Cam and he was very heated about Cam's playcalling at end of half and end of game as well as his blocking schemes in the second half. He also said there was heated argument between them throughout and even after the game. I know it is Preston and he isnt usually very reliable but if what his sources are true or partially true, some of Harbaugh's statements at the press conference could just be him taking the blame and deflecting it from Cam whom he just fired. Harbaugh did also claim at the press conference that there was no argument with Cam but there did seem to be a heated argument on sidelines from the TV broadcast so we may have to take some of his statements at the press conference with a grain of salt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Agreed. The corporate culture (which the NFL happens to be a part of) is very cruel in these cases, having witnessed first hand a number of them myself. Usually a senior level manager comes to the middle manager and issues an ultimatum, fully prepared to move on without both the middle manager and the underling to be fired. I've always maintained that this is the culture desired not only by Bisciotti, but by an increasing number of owners in the NFL. They are moving away from the HC as leader model towards one that make him into more of a manager. Could you imagine how a Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Mike Ditka, John Madden, Chuck Noll, Bill Walsh et al would function under an owner like Bisciotti? It would be interesting, to say the least.
    Many moons ago on the Sunspot, I wrote a long tirade about Steve Bisciotti's corporate approach that forced Billick out, but like I said, I don't agree with it, but he's the Billionaire.

Johnson - Jones, it stopped working.
    Parcells - it stopped working a lot of places.
    Ditka - I never held in great regard, but he's to headstrong.
    Madden - hard to say, that era was so long ago it would be like Lombardi dealing with today's players.
    Chuck Knoll would be fine if it was the Rooney's he was there forever as it was.
    Bill Walsh worked for the greatest owner the NFL ever had, Eddie DeBartalo, so it is hard to imagine him working for anyone else.