Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Suggs and Guns

Oregon shooter was "quite normal", according to friends and his ex, and stole the gun he used.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=17946938

Blog Entries

Re: Suggs and Guns

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Oregon shooter was "quite normal", according to friends and his ex, and stole the gun he used.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=17946938
    I dont see where his friends say anything about him being normal, just the ex gf, who seems to be in denial based on the below quote. Seems she was just the one that wanted to talk the most on record.

and began to seem "numb" to those closest to him.
    they "assume" its a stolen gun, but its still early in the process. If it was stolen id say the owner was irresponsible for not having it locked up properly, which still supports my thought that some people shouldnt own guns. Be interesting to hear what comes of it, but again, going by the fact that he upped and sold all his shit and wanted to move for no reason other than getting away and became "numb" to his closest friends pretty much screams issues. In this case, if it was stolen, obviously a psych eval wouldnt have done anything, which i already said wouldnt be 100% effective. Unless his friends and family got him help before hand, which is another issue with mentally disordered, this is one of those cases that happens regardless.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    You can't really phrase it any better than that article.

It really is a simple issue that is unnecessarily made out to be otherwise because of emotion and stereotypes. But what else is new.
    I agree and as others have pointed out in this thread, it doesn't matter what control or lack of control you implement on guns. Folks who are going to go off the deep end are going to do it regardless of whether or not they have a gun. It isn't like someone just buys a gun and then all of a sudden devises a plan for doing bodily harm to a large number of people. They could accomplish that with a car, a baseball bat, household kitchen knives, etc.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I just wish someone else besides the murderer had a gun in Newtown today. How sick do you have to be to murder 5 years olds?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I just wish someone else besides the murderer had a gun in Newtown today. How sick do you have to be to murder 5 years olds?
    I am reeling...I don't understand.

"Gun Free School Zone"

My understanding is that armed parents and grandparents in Israel patrol their childrens' schools and grounds. I guarantee you this would have never happened there...

What a horrible tragedy for those parents and siblings of those lost. An entire classroom...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I would have put 1 in his head and 1 in his chest without a second thought. Wouldn't even have hesitated.

If there is a hell, you have to think that they reserve a special section for people like him.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I live 2 towns away from Newtown. The police sent 5 cars to my son's middle school and 7 cars to my daughter's elementary school. I just wish that someone could have taken this scum out. The police can't stay at the school all the time and it takes long enough for them to get there. It's just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I would have put 1 in his head and 1 in his chest without a second thought. Wouldn't even have hesitated.

If there is a hell, you have to think that they reserve a special section for people like him.
    I don't for one second pretend to be a bad ass, but I am right here with you. I would have done it without hesitation.

Blog Entries

I dont pretend to be a badass either but i think in this case even being unarmed a rage would boil over me and attempt to inflict as much pain as possible or die trying.

Honestly one to the head is to easy of a way out for the prick.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I dont pretend to be a badass either but i think in this case even being unarmed a rage would boil over me and attempt to inflict as much pain as possible or die trying.

Honestly one to the head is to easy of a way out for the prick.
    That is true JAB, just thinking about what the parents, teachers, kids etc. are going through makes me wish this dude was still alive so he could get beat with in an inch of his life nightly in prison.

I was just commenting to my wife that once we have children of our own, I will be carrying as much as possible. I don't care if it means a change in lifestyle and I know statistically the chances of these types of shootings really happening are infinitesimal.

But I don't care. Even if there's a small chance, I am going to make sure I am prepared to defend my wife and children.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I was just commenting to my wife that once we have children of our own, I will be carrying as much as possible. I don't care if it means a change in lifestyle and I know statistically the chances of these types of shootings really happening are infinitesimal.

But I don't care. Even if there's a small chance, I am going to make sure I am prepared to defend my wife and children.
    Same here. I don't want to seem like some paranoid loon, but I will be prepared.

Once the wife delivers the second one in April she'll learn too.