Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: TMZ says Kaepernick is under investigation for sexual assault

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Have you not been around guys who go to each other's apartments, pour shots, then someone invents some sort of "requirement" that first everybody has to do a bong hit? Or some other dumb stunt? That's pretty standard party behavior everywhere.

People over-do it and pass out. Happens a lot. Girls, and guys. In college, many a poor fellow has woken up with magic marker on his face, or perhaps even a missing eyebrow.

Even if she had, as you say, "planned on putting out", plans do change. If she felt sick and had to lie down, and didn't want to "put out" anymore, what right does anyone have to unilaterally decide to go ahead with it anyway?

Seriously, some of you guys have me hoping my daughters grow up to be lesbians. No fricking way I want them mixing with your offspring if that's all the wisdom you have to offer.
    This ....

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    this thread has a lot of pro-rape sentiment. No wonders woman are usually afraid to come forward after such instances. Immediately its her fault and a money grab... despite her being blacked out and fondled. that makes sense.

What girl goes to a house of a guy shes already banged and not expect to fuck him again?...seriously?

So every girl ive ever had sex with is just suppose to assume if were in the same room that shes going to fuck me again? That is one of the most bizarre thought processes ive ever heard. it might be assumed by the men in question, but its not about them. why does her hanging out with them mean that was her intent from the start? Its as if were talking about men as unstoppable sexual predators when you say a woman cant expect to hang out with men without expecting sex. We may think about sex all the time as men, but that doesnt mean we should be expected to not have self control.

consent isnt about past or future its about present. in this moment does she consent. Being passed out kind of makes that difficult.

As far as the story goes, im not sure what went down. more i hear the more it sounds like its more out of fear of what could have than necessarily what did as far as the investigation, because she literally doesnt know what happened. If she did just pass out and he groped her, thats still sexual assault, but if he did stop at that, im not sure thats classified as rape, im not entirely sure of where rape starts.
    And this.

I am going to assume some of the knuckle-dragging neanderthals here are simply trying to be message board funny and are not serious with the crap they've been saying about women.

Quote Originally Posted by Brien Jackson View Post
    The police are also pulling back on the TMZ report a little bit: http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_...g-investigated
    I don't think that's the police "pulling back" since the police never made the claim that it was a sexual assault. It was TMZ that made that claim and the police are making it clear they had it wrong.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, you know...being passed out and unable to acknowledge what was happening pretty much means no.

Contrary to popular belief, snoring is not consent.
    Understood, however either there's more to this story, and then it becomes serious, or there's nothing more to it and you all are protecting a women who put herself in a stupid situation to begin with.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Understood, however either there's more to this story, and then it becomes serious, or there's nothing more to it and you all are protecting a women who put herself in a stupid situation to begin with.
    :grbac:

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Regardless of what situation a woman puts herself into, this does not mean she consents to sex.

Beyond that, are you insinuating that being a room with Kaepernick is putting yourself in a stupid situation? If so, that says more about Kaepernick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Regardless of what situation a woman puts herself into, this does not mean she consents to sex.

Beyond that, are you insinuating that being a room with Kaepernick is putting yourself in a stupid situation? If so, that says more about Kaepernick.
    What I'm insinuating is she's alone with three guys...ok fine. Then they tell her in order to take shots you have to hit the bong and she does. She get's light headed, Kap started kissing her and she say's "THEY DID NOT HAVE SEX". Then she wakes up in a hospital and doesn't know what happened. Not sure where you all are getting this she didn't consent to sex, this or that, there is no proof of sex as of now.

So let me get this right...The guys drugged her, sexually assulted her, took her to the hospital and left. Whatever man.

Blog Entries

Lol so he's already hit it but waits till she passes out just to fondle her? Get for real guys. The TMZ story is BS plain and simple.

BUT we'll go with the hypothetical and she's "claiming" something happened. That would be a money grab. I seem to remember a certain female going over to a athletes apartment at like 2am drunk off her ass and than claiming rape the next day. In the end it was admitted she lied, it was consensual and she just wanted money. Anyone else remember that story from a few years ago? I actually feel bad for a lot of these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Lol so he's already hit it but waits till she passes out just to fondle her? Get for real guys. The TMZ story is BS plain and simple.

BUT we'll go with the hypothetical and she's "claiming" something happened. That would be a money grab. I seem to remember a certain female going over to a athletes apartment at like 2am drunk off her ass and than claiming rape the next day. In the end it was admitted she lied, it was consensual and she just wanted money. Anyone else remember that story from a few years ago? I actually feel bad for a lot of these guys.
    Frankly, this sounds like a bunch of naive, misogynistic bullshit. Tell me this, what other kind of victim is subject to this kind of immediate character smearing?

If I go to the police and file a complaint that I've been mugged and the story happens to get media attention for whatever reason, would anyone accuse me of a "money grab" and say "it's your own fault for being in the wrong part of town/etc"?

Of course not, because 1) I'm a man, so I instantly have more credibility than a woman, and 2) rape victims are a special class of victims who need to prove they WEREN'T asking for it or lying their asses off in order to be taken seriously. And that mentality is exactly why we still have a LONG way to go as a society in terms of sex and gender.
    Last edited by bmorecareful; 04-11-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, you know...being passed out and unable to acknowledge what was happening pretty much means no.

Contrary to popular belief, snoring is not consent.
    +1

Seriously, Excellector and Jayc00: Why did that have to be explained? Despite what my alma mater seems to think, you can't give consent if you're blacked out/chemically incapacitated.

The details aren't all there yet, and honestly maybe nothing damning will come out. If it's found her body didn't sustain sexual trauma then those three boneheads are in the clear. But if such evidence is found, they are in for a world of legal and PR hurt, as they should be.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I am going to assume some of the knuckle-dragging neanderthals here are simply trying to be message board funny and are not serious with the crap they've been saying about women.
    Thank you, HR and JAB1985. Both you guys clearly "get it" re: consent and gender dynamics.

JAB, I'm going to remember your line about consent not being about the past or future but the present. That really is a marvelously succinct way of putting it.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    +1

Seriously, Excellector and Jayc00: Why did that have to be explained? Despite what my alma mater seems to think, you can't give consent if you're blacked out/chemically incapacitated.

The details aren't all there yet, and honestly maybe nothing damning will come out. If it's found her body didn't sustain sexual trauma then those three boneheads are in the clear. But if such evidence is found, they are in for a world of legal and PR hurt, as they should be.
    It didn't have to be explained. My orginal response to bmorecareful was his comment that "no means no" he didn't say "no means no as well as being passed out"...well of course no shit about that. My comment was off his exact comment, "No" wasn't said so maybe doing something to someone while unconscious should have been a better choice of words. As of right now there is 0 evidence that anything happened to her. You cry wolf, but admit that nothing happened while you're awoke and there's not much evidence, sorry I'm not that naive. Show more proof of sexual assult and of course I'll change my tone.