Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Oh god, please dont attack me... but we need a LB and limited cap space. Do we sign Bart Scott for cheap?

I know hes made comments in the past, however we need a LB.

Hes 32, wasnt the greatest last year... but we have a way of getting the best out of D players.

Re: Oh god, please dont attack me... but we need a LB and limited cap space. Do we sign Bart Scott for cheap?

We need more coverage LBs and rush LBs.

We already have two Scott-types in McClain and possibly Ellerbe.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries

Re: Oh god, please dont attack me... but we need a LB and limited cap space. Do we sign Bart Scott for cheap?

The Ravens need more speed and coverage ability from the ILB position(s). Bart Scott did not provide much coverage ability in his prime. I highly doubt that he would be a quality signing now. Even if he were, Scott would likely be too stubborn to come back after the man he envied rode off into the sunset with another Super Bowl Championship, while the team he once said Ravens players secretly wanted to join, imploded.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 02-07-2013 at 10:19 PM.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Is it possible that Scott may be more trouble than he's worth, in terms of what he potentially brings to the Ravens v. any negatives he might bring (e.g., attitude, decreasing ability to perform at a top level, salary demands, the "new" Ray Lewis, etc.)?

I don't know for sure, but perhaps others who have kept an eye on his NY experience have a better idea. GOTA, you're nearer to that "scene", any thoughts?

Blog Entries

Scott is not a very good player anymore. I don't see what kind of upgrade he is at this point even over a guy like Bynes.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Scott is not a very good player anymore. I don't see what kind of upgrade he is at this point even over a guy like Bynes.
    Agreed Scott is a 2 down lb at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

You can have Ray Malaluga for Kruger.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

If we're going for soon-to-be-released, washed-up ex-Jet LBs, I'd rather have Calvin Pace.

But no to both.

Scott got replaced as a Starter on a shitty Jets team. In no way is he a viable option for the Ravens at this point. I used to love him, his passion and fire. That chip on his shoulder was a thing of beauty, but now it is a hindrance to a player way past his prime who can't make up for it with preperation like Ray did.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    You can have Ray Malaluga for Kruger.
    You guys can just sign Kruger and keep malaluga. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    You guys can just sign Kruger and keep malaluga. Lol

I literally lol'd.

How about Kruger for Atkins? :D
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post

How about Kruger for Atkins? :D
    Now we're cookin with gas