Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What is Joe worth?

SOLO pretty much hit it on the head with how they handled this cam flacco situation..they fucked up

Blog Entries

Re: Why Joe's the problem

I've seen Tom Brady get chewed out by his offensive coordinator, and Brady doesn't even call his own plays. He gets his plays from the sideline. He admitted as much. His plays are just better to work with in his system.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: How has Caldwell benefited Flacco?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    :word I'm firmly in the fire Cam camp. Cam is just a joke. It's not fair to hammer Flacco for playing in this 1960's offense.
    I'm all for dumping Cam, no question. Even if Cam were gone though, how does that improve Flacco's technique? Would it instill more confidence perhaps? I dunno...the only way I suppose we'll know is to have Flacco play one year under a different OC. Flacco is certainly stifled under Cam but Cam is not the entire problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    I'm all for dumping Cam, no question. Even if Cam were gone though, how does that improve Flacco's technique? Would it instill more confidence perhaps? I dunno...the only way I suppose we'll know is to have Flacco play one year under a different OC. Flacco is certainly stifled under Cam but Cam is not the entire problem.
    I can tell ya this much. When CAM is gone... The players will say things about what was going on. Players that have left here have said things.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    flacco has pretty sound technique, this Oline paired with cam's scheme is not putting flacco in a position to succeed and take it to the next level, like preached for the last 3 years while cam was good in joe's progression as rookie and young QB he doesn't posses the necessary skills to take flacco to the next step

Blog Entries

Re: Why Joe's the problem

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I've seen Tom Brady get chewed out by his offensive coordinator, and Brady doesn't even call his own plays. He gets his plays from the sideline. He admitted as much. His plays are just better to work with in his system.
    The Patriots' offense is a prime example of getting the ball to your best play makers in space. It's not a fluke that Gronkowski and Hernandez are ALWAYS open for fade passes in the corner of the end zone. That shit is by design.

How often to we see Brady chucking it 50 yards down field? Hardly ever. He doesn't have to. The last time I've seen Brady really throw a lot of deep balls was when they had Randy Moss. Even then, Welker was their primary target and he hardly ever ran routes that were longer than 10-12 yards.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: What is Joe worth?

Yeah I'm kinda in the tag him, the tag for a QB is what 14.5M next year? Lets see what he can do under a different coordinator and go from there.

All in all it could be a LOT worse. Look at Sanchez and the Jets. I really think he's worse than Boller. Really when you're only rattling of a handfull of names better than Joe thats alot better than what some teams are dealing with.

Blog Entries

Joe Flacco is going to have to use his legs more.

I'm sorry, there's just no way around it. I used to brush off the idea from some fans that Joe doesn't use his legs enough, but it's clear now that it has been a legitimate gripe.

There comes a time in every QB's career where he has to find a way to make it happen when everything around him is going to pieces. We've seen Aaron Rodgers operate with some banged up offensive lines. We've seen Eli Manning work behind some bad offensive lines the past couple of years.

The offensive line is full of young potential, with an aged C in the middle, I think we all agree. The reality is that it just isn't there yet. The WRs are all being blanketed on the outside. Boldin seems unable to barely separate at all, no matter where you put him on the field. Jones plays very small for a 6' 2" WR and Torrey is still young. Cam Cameron seems oblivious to the middle of the field.

When the play breaks down, Joe is going to have to use his legs more to tighten up the defense and loosen things up for the offense.

After he's gone through two or three reads, with his legs, he just needs to get out and get some yardage. His long strides run off two or three yards at a time.

There's just no way around it. Joe is going to have to carry this team and he's going to have to be the spark for this offense. It's going to have to start with him using his legs. Nothing else is going to change between now and the end of the season. Joe is going to have to do this or they won't make the Super Bowl.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: Joe Flacco is going to have to use his legs more.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm sorry, there's just no way around it. I used to brush off the idea from some fans that Joe doesn't use his legs enough, but it's clear now that it has been a legitimate gripe.

There comes a time in every QB's career where he has to find a way to make it happen when everything around him is going to pieces. We've seen Aaron Rodgers operate with some banged up offensive lines. We've seen Eli Manning work behind some bad offensive lines the past couple of years.

The offensive line is full of young potential, with an aged C in the middle, I think we all agree. The reality is that it just isn't there yet. The WRs are all being blanketed on the outside. Boldin seems unable to barely separate at all, no matter where you put him on the field. Jones plays very small for a 6' 2" WR and Torrey is still young. Cam Cameron seems oblivious to the middle of the field.

When the play breaks down, Joe is going to have to use his legs more to tighten up the defense and loosen things up for the offense.

After he's gone through two or three reads, with his legs, he just needs to get out and get some yardage. His long strides run off two or three yards at a time.

There's just no way around it. Joe is going to have to carry this team and he's going to have to be the spark for this offense. It's going to have to start with him using his legs. Nothing else is going to change between now and the end of the season. Joe is going to have to do this or they won't make the Super Bowl.
    that one pass where he had smith in the middle of field while he was on the run, if he had tuck the ball and run he would have had it, Joe is going to have start doing that a lot more I know he aint no A-ROD but if its open take that shit.

I agree. The sad part is that Joe did this very well in his rookie season. I still remember one game against the Bengals he scampered for 40 yds (not 100% sure on the distance) and a TD. He seems to have lost his mobility and his internal QB clock over the last few years. I know he's not the most mobile guy but he's agile enough to scratch out a few first downs if need be or even just a little positive yardage instead of taking a sack or throwing a ball up for grabs.

11. Re: Joe Flacco is going to have to use his legs more.

Flacco doesn't have the quickest feet; once he's on the move he can't immediately reset his feet to make an accurate throw. So if he's being pursued by a pass rusher, he either gets hit if he tries to reset his feet or he throws while on the run which he's not very good at doing--in part because he doesn't practice it that much, if at all.

What he needs are plays where he's supposed to leave the pocket--designed rollouts. But Cam or Harbs or whoever doesn't like them or something...I mean who knows anymore with this team?

They're approach is oftentimes inexplicable.
    How do you explain the inexplicable?
    Simple: You can't.

Blog Entries

You mean cement feet? Not happening, he needs Tom Brady type protection...