Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Three players who impressed, three who didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    The good:

The Bad:

Idiots taking the ball out from 9 yards deep in the EZ on kickoffs.
    They may have been instructed - it's pre-season and doesn't mean anything, except for the agressiveness you show. Not running the ball out does show a lack of agressiveness. I suspect they are doing things in pre-season that they won't be doing in season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I can see why Streeter needs work on running routes, but he caught and secured the ball well with a guy draped all over him and pushed forward to what should have been a 1st down. I was hoping they'd toss one to him in the end zone so he could go up and get it, but it didn't happen.

Omar Brown is out of Marshall. A lot of head's up plays for him last night.
    they did throw him a lob/jump ball, but painter threw it about 15 yards out of bounds. i think they still need to work on that...

i would have liked to have seen more of him thats for sure. The little we did he seemed fine though.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I don't disagree with this, but I'm hoping McKinnie plays well enough to start so that KO has a chance to move inside and possibly unseat Bobby Williams. I was not impressed with Williams at all
    My thought, after the draft, was McKinnie - KO - Birk - Yanda - Oher. I still hope it works out this way. Also went out on a limb, that KO would be our starting LT in 2013, and I haven't changed my mind about that no matter how many (and they abound) think I'm nuts... Bc
    P.S. - The 2013 LG will be Boren or a draft choice, as McKinnie sails off into the cheeseburger and bankruptcy sunset.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    Streeter was open several times, but Tyrod couldn't see him.
    Tyrod missed a wide open Logan Payne for what would have been a big gain. Instead he threw a jump ball to LaQuan right at the end zone and even though LaQuan caught it, he caught it out of bounds because the ball drifted. Payne would have had the 1st down and some. I saw Harbs really tearing into Tyrod on the sideline and I bet that's what it was about.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Tyrod missed a wide open Logan Payne for what would have been a big gain. Instead he threw a jump ball to LaQuan right at the end zone and even though LaQuan caught it, he caught it out of bounds because the ball drifted. Payne would have had the 1st down and some. I saw Harbs really tearing into Tyrod on the sideline and I bet that's what it was about.
    i thought the same, im not sure if it was a guaranteed 1st or not but it was definitely FG range. That was my comment about him trying to make plays instead of taking what was given. that comes with experience.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Not player related but I REALLY hope Cam and the coaches don't go away from that uptempo, short passing game that they showed early...along with Joe calling plays at the line.

Don't get scared because it didn't work last night.

I was really happy with what I saw...not the results obviously, but I liked the way we attacked there.
    It's a really effective way to help a bad O-Line. The faster the tempo, the more tired the pass rushers get.

I can see why Streeter needs work on running routes, but he caught and secured the ball well with a guy draped all over him and pushed forward to what should have been a 1st down. I was hoping they'd toss one to him in the end zone so he could go up and get it, but it didn't happen.

Omar Brown is out of Marshall. A lot of head's up plays for him last night.
    Could Brown win that 4th S spot in replace of Considine?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Possibly, if he can also play Special Teams. Considine was really signed for his ST play, not for his talent @ Safety... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    im pulling for him too... i didnt really think considine showed much... cook had a missed tackle but i didnt think looked bad either.
    -JAB

yeah Considine got muscled for a first down when he should have went for the legs. That was the only time really that I saw him involved in a play.

Blog Entries

I still think KO is going to play this season some how some way, I just don't know where that is.

Btw I love how everyone is on the Matt Birk bandwagon now that they seen that the grass is not greener with a rookie. Birk had one really bad game against Vince Wilfolk (who btw dominated Ben Grubbs as well as Birk), and everyone wants him out of Baltimore. Ozzie was smart to resign Birk IMO.

One thing that did look good was our run defense. We where mostly stuffing the run (apart from the odd little break out by Rogers). Terrence Cody and Ngata in the middle, oh dear lord, power backs like Michael Turner are gonna have a hard time running the ball against us. I'm looking at you Trent Richardson.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    ... I still think KO is going to play this season some how some way, I just don't know where that is...
    He had better play. He is one of the best five OLinemen we have. I think LG is just right for him ... Bc