Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Are we really ready to let JJ go?

Im not gonna lie before this year I was ready to call Dan Cody on Paul Kruger and he made me eat my words. I will gladly say that I was wrong. He definitely helped improve the pass rush this season, and oh boy is that spin move killer. But the question is can he do what Jarret Johnson has done so well for so long? Can he set the edge like JJ? I agree that this will most likely happen, and if it better for the team than I am all for it. I just think that he has been primarily a pass rusher this season, if I am wrong then so be it.

Re: Are we really ready to let JJ go?

Quote Originally Posted by JCroUSAF View Post
    Im not gonna lie before this year I was ready to call Dan Cody on Paul Kruger and he made me eat my words. I will gladly say that I was wrong. He definitely helped improve the pass rush this season, and oh boy is that spin move killer. But the question is can he do what Jarret Johnson has done so well for so long? Can he set the edge like JJ? I agree that this will most likely happen, and if it better for the team than I am all for it. I just think that he has been primarily a pass rusher this season, if I am wrong then so be it.
    We all need to realize that with a salary cap, we can't keep everybody...and since we draft so well, we will lose good players almost every year. JJ is a really good player, but we likely will not be able to keep him...Grubbs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    We all need to realize that with a salary cap, we can't keep everybody...and since we draft so well, we will lose good players almost every year. JJ is a really good player, but we likely will not be able to keep him...Grubbs too.
    JJ is the toughest decision, doubt he will garner a big contract at 31 being a run Lber. Grubbs will be signed no problem. Ravens after releasing Foxworth, Evans and their 6 million carry over from last year will be about 30 million under the cap. Plus, if they need to restructure a deal to squeeze someone in they will. Releasing 4th db Carr and Cundiff after June 1st opens another 5 million if they want to
    Go in that direction. JJ, my guess stays.

I doubt Evans is cut.

JJ will be missed but replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    JJ is the toughest decision, doubt he will garner a big contract at 31 being a run Lber. Grubbs will be signed no problem. Ravens after releasing Foxworth, Evans and their 6 million carry over from last year will be about 30 million under the cap. Plus, if they need to restructure a deal to squeeze someone in they will. Releasing 4th db Carr and Cundiff after June 1st opens another 5 million if they want to
    Go in that direction. JJ, my guess stays.
    They will not be anywhere close to $30 million under the cap.

I love JJ and would be sad to see him go. JJ has said he would like to remain on the Ravens but I think even he sees the writing on the wall. I don't see the Ravens putting out the $$ to retain him...hope I'm wrong.

Im with you I think we all are, we have no desire to see JJ leave, but it's
    inevitable. Kruger will have to round out his game, just like Suggs was primarily a pash rusher at first and now is a
    complete linebacker. I think Kruger can make some adjustments and be a more complete backer.
    Im also hoping we get some help in the draft.

please Im not saying Kruger is the next Suggs

My want of JJ to stay has nothing to do with Kruger, although I do feel Kruger's best position is as a situational pass rusher, I want us to resign JJ because he's one of the very best run defenders in the NFL.
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L

They will not be anywhere close to $30 million under the cap.
    They are. Already 19 now including lasts years 6 million carryover. Then another 1.5 exemption then minus Foxworths and Evans release you are at 30. Then you decisions to make on Carr and Cundiff after June.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    I doubt Evans is cut.

JJ will be missed but replaced.
    He will be cut before March due 1 million bonus and then another 3.5 million in Salary. He has been hurt 2 years in a row. That's way to much $ for a 3rd WR. He could be signed close to veteran minimum after he is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    They are. Already 19 now including lasts years 6 million carryover. Then another 1.5 exemption then minus Foxworths and Evans release you are at 30. Then you decisions to make on Carr and Cundiff after June.
    The estimated cap is around the same it was last season...$125 million.

After tendering our RFA's and EFA's, guess what our cap number is? $125 million.

Even without tendering our FA's, we'd only have 35 guys under contract for $113 million.

I have no idea where you are getting your figures, but I'd suggest you read this and download the spreadsheet in there as well...

The estimated cap is around the same it was last season...$125 million.

After tendering our RFA's and EFA's, guess what our cap number is? $125 million.

Even without tendering our FA's, we'd only have 35 guys under contract for $113
    million.

That is correct. But what is not accounted for in the article is the

I have no idea where you are getting your figures, but I'd suggest you read

this and download the spreadsheet in there as well...
    Yes, I read that. But those figures don't include the 2011 -6 million carryover, a 2012 1.5 exemption they may use. The obvious release of never used Foxworth and
    Overpaid Evans, you get 30 million under the cap.