Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Eagles - Steelers game

Look I know its preseason but the Steelers look pretty good against a team that looked pretty good against us.

The sky is not falling its just an observation...

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
    Season Ticket Holder Since 1996 Sec 545

Re: Eagles - Steelers game

For anyone not watching.

Steelers starting offense - first two drives 80+ yards, 2 TD (Samuel bit and left Brown wide open, the other Ward in the corner of the EZ)

Eagles starting offense - one 4 or 5 play drive and punt, Vick has two picks (one an awful stare down right into double coverage)

Cotchery with a couple clutch catches, including a 3rd and 20+ conversion.

Steelers first team ran really well on Eagles D, making me wonder why they went out and got so many premier CBs if teams can just pound them up front.

Couple injuries to Steelers o-line, nothing that appears too serious.

Currently 14-0, 2:30 left in the half.

Blog Entries

Oh no! Philly is struggling! Is it time to panic??!!!Is it time to freak out?!! All of that spending?!!!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Fans are getting their gasoline and matches ready to burn Philly down.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Pittsburgh's first team defense really responded well. They will have an advantage over most teams with the veterans on that defense, so long as they hold up for the entire season. They work very well together.

Philly can be run on. We saw it last week and now we are seeing it this week. Their linebackers are green. They will get their share of coverage sacks, but teams will be able to run on them.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Pittsburgh's offense is basically going to be the same, with a few new and younger pieces. They will go as Ben goes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    Pittsburgh's offense is basically going to be the same, with a few new and younger pieces. They will go as Ben goes.
    I really like Antonio Brown. Think by the end of the season him and Wallace will be starting, with Ward as the #3. Could happen by mid-season.

Blog Entries

It was ridiculous how much fans were freaking out over Oher last week. It was the first preseason game. Last year, Antwan Barnes made Jordan Gross look like Oniel Cousins, in the first preseason game. Oher really didn't play that bad. He and Leach had a little mis-communication The one sack where Flacco tried to scramble really shouldn't have been blamed on Oher. Oher held his block for over three seconds. Flacco waited to scramble and the defender just made a nice 'hustle' play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFaninBMore View Post
    I really like Antonio Brown. Think by the end of the season him and Wallace will be starting, with Ward as the #3. Could happen by mid-season.
    Is Ward going to act like Derrick Mason when that happens?

Jesus Troy, love you getting the pick, but you don't need to take a shot to the knee on a meaningless return. Get down, man.

Eagles just could not have looked worse tonight. Whole half of play for Vick, 5/12 with 3 picks.

Is Ward going to act like Derrick Mason when that happens?
    Hopefully not. I think he has to see the writing on the wall. Of course he'll still see plenty of snaps, and may even have more success in that role.

Only one thing to root for in this game, a simultaneous Dog Killer/Rapist injury....
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Definately happier with their performance this week, over last week.

Hated the Troy run back. Too injury prone and should of went down. Then it looked like Vick went for Troy's knees.

Overall, as long as the o-line holds up, I think Ben will have LOTS of weapons this year. The Cotchery pick up is awesome!!!