Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: If there was one player you could bring back from the past....

Ed reed. Takes away half a field. Should Help the pass rush as well.

Blog Entries

CMac? I'd prefer someone who was named the DPOY in 1993 and was moved to safety as a Raven.
    But going back to prime and the only qualification is having been a Raven, I take Rod Woodson over CMac with 71 interceptions (CMac 26), 12 INT TDs (CMac 5)... Yes CMac was good but.....
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

J.O. and it's no competition for me. He would solidify the line and give Flacco something he's never really had before, great pass protection.

Blog Entries

For this season, it's tough. We need Sam Adams to plug the middle of the defense. Boulware for pass rush, CMac for coverage, Jason Brown to replace Birk's experienced, but old ass.

Tough one, but I'm going to go with..................

Boulware, we need pressure on the QB more than anything IMO, with Sam Adams being a close second.

McCrary with two good knees. He and Suggs coming from opposite ends of the line would be epic.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

It's a toss up between Ogden and McCary. I would say McCary because our pass rush (while it has gotten a little better) could surely use his motor when he was at his peak.

Blog Entries

Vinny Testaverde anyone? McCrary is my vote, still have his jersey.

But I know that everyone on this forum is secretly wishing for a return of the man that could throw it through the goal post from his knees... you know...

8. Re: If there was one player you could bring back from the past....

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Matt Flynn was terrible, don't get all the fuss over that guy. He's also an asshole.

Like I said, you could move Yanda to center, and move Reid to right guard, with KO at LG. OR if you want to talk about centers, look no further than the 2008 Jason Brown, he was a power house, and even though he faded with the Rams, he was one of the best centers in the NFL with us.

Jeff Mitchell was one of our best underrated Olinemen in ravens history and helped us win the SB. But remember it's just one player you can choose, and a center isn't going to greatly help us. Birk hasn't been that bad.
    How is Mike Flynn an asshole? I remember he gave a lot of money to a family friend who claimed she had cancer, only the woman was lying trying to scam Flynn but she got caught. Guy gives money to a person who (falsely) claims she needs it for cancer treatment, that doesn't sound like an asshole to me.
    And I don't remember him being bullrushed constantly back into McNair or Boller.

I prefer not to move Yanda, and I thought about Brown but I don't trust a guy who has one big year, gets paid then promptly fades. Out of all the centers we've had, I'd take Birk in his prime when was a Pro Bowler with the Vikings.

And I do think a strong center will help us late in the season more than anything else because although Birk hasn't been that bad over the 1st half of the season, I fully expect him to get worse as the colder months and the wear and tear of the season rake their toll on him again. Because that's what's happened the past 3 years with Birk.

Joe "Turkey" Jones for ONE play -- so he could do to Ben what he did to Bradshaw. Anyone remember the piledriver sack?

(Yes, I do consider the original Cleveland Browns to be the Ravens in another dimension.)

After that one play, give me Jim Brown.

In order:

1. JO

2. CMac (when his head was on straight, he was one of the best CBs in the game, unfortunately, that was too rare.....)
    3. Boulware
    4. McCrary
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Goose!

1) J.O.
    2) Sam Adams
    3) Boulware
    4) CMac