Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rolle Out vs. Browns

According to the Sun. Apparently he had some adverse reaction to the medication he received for his mystery illness and is now too lethargic to practice or play.

The thought of Ivy starting again gives me the creeps. I wonder if David Pittman will see more plays this week?

Re: Rolle Out vs. Browns

Ivy is the lesser of two evils .... or so I thought until last Sunday.

Ivy had some botched tackles and enough broken ankles to make any orthopedist happy. Still, Rolle has been pooping on himself for that last ... what ... 8 straight games?

Maybe it's time we give Ivy a look. If he bombs next week, then we start thinking trade.

Just putting this out there, not suggesting it's a good idea at all. But I think Reed often takes snaps in practice as a corner (I know he has done previously in training camp). If guys like Ivy and Pittmann bomb at corner, would we put Reed at corner considering his speed and athleticism he may be able to play it. Plus he may be forced to be more disciplined in the scheme.

Again, not saying it's a good idea, but would it be something that may be considered do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers
    Again, not saying it's a good idea, but would it be something that may be considered do you guys think?
    But who would take Reed's place at safety? Don't you think he's more important there than having him at CB and a backup at S? I guess it's an interesting idea, but I don't know if it would make the secondary any better.

Wink Re: Rolle Out vs. Browns

Pittman, please.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I agree with highwater ...

Yeah, it's good coverage. Reed is 100% shut down and moving him over would work. But then you have his shoes to fill at Safety and Im not sure there is someone on the bench that can come close.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    But who would take Reed's place at safety? Don't you think he's more important there than having him at CB and a backup at S? I guess it's an interesting idea, but I don't know if it would make the secondary any better.
    This is very true and I think considering the bend but don't break philosophy on D that I think is still our underlying defensive philosophy, we'd be more likely to keep the superior talent for over the top coverage to prevent the big play. But more than anything it'd come down to which you'd rather, Corey Ivy at corner or Gerome Sapp at safety?

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Pittman, please.
    Agreed T, I'd love to let this kid play and see what he's got. He struck me as being decentish in the minimal ammount I saw of him pre-season, maybe he just needs the gametime to come through rather than being forced to shine in practice.

Was it here or on the other board where someone suggested Rolle had some illness and his career was over?

1) Someone please tell me I'm not crazy and I actually read that...

2) I hope this isn't true

3) Is this going to be like the Heap injury a coouple years back that he's week to week but ends up missing 8?

Well, it's an interesting topic, to be sure. Mista T has a point about Pitman, and seeing as how this next game is against the Browns, it might not be a bad idea to see what he can do (and don't bombard me with posts about how we struggle in Cleveland, I know, but if we are going to give Pittman some playing time, it would be better in Cleveland than against some of the other teams on our schedule).

But I still like Reed at safety, and finding someone else to step up at CB. I'm not at all sure Ivy is that guy -- I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post
    Was it here or on the other board where someone suggested Rolle had some illness and his career was over?

1) Someone please tell me I'm not crazy and I actually read that...

2) I hope this isn't true

3) Is this going to be like the Heap injury a coouple years back that he's week to week but ends up missing 8?
    1) You're not crazy, I've not read it here but I know I've seen the rumour somewhere.

2) Ditto

3) I'd suggest it could well be very similar to that situation.

Pittman, by all means. Time to get off the pot. That kid will either make a fine corner or he will be gone, I don't think there is an in-between with him.

Martin played safety in training camp. He could do it again if they do decide to shift Reed.. Martin has skills, and he too, is destined for future starting...but at which position?
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM