AFC Coach of the Year

For all those Billick critics out there . .

I'll just quote Don Banks for CNNSI on his halfway through the season awards:

"Best AFC coach -- Brian Billick, Baltimore: The chalk pick is probably Jets rookie coach Eric Mangini, who has his overachievers sitting 4-4 at midseason. But I'll take the job Billick has done with his butt firmly on the line in 2006. Knowing he must win to keep his job, Billick is 2-0 since boldly taking over the play-calling from the deposed Jim Fassel, and his resurgent Ravens own a two-game lead in the AFC North."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...dseason/1.html

Good to see Brian is getting some kudos -- even Preston's backing off. (That will continue only until we lose our next game)

Re: AFC Coach of the Year

All Hail Lord Billick...

His results speak for themselves...Now if only Derrick Mason can remember that elite WRs drag their feet in the end zone, we're gravy!

Agree that Brian should earn the award that was denied him in 2000 (to Jim Haslett? ).

In the same SI issue, Peter King selects others:

Coach
    1. Sean Payton, New Orleans; 2. Mike Holmgren, Seattle; 3. Herman Edwards, Kansas City.
    :T2:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    All Hail Lord Billick...

His results speak for themselves...Now if only Derrick Mason can remember that elite WRs drag their feet in the end zone, we're gravy!
    Did you catch Mason on his radio show last night? He wasn't very happy at Billick's comments about how McNair handles Mason's bitching! S Davis said hey Derrick why aren't you laughing and Mason said you don't want me going down this road do you? Pashos had to step in and calm him down by changing the subject to Ogden's bitching at Billick.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

hate to be the party basher here guys, but lets not crown the winner just yet, I mean Herman Edwards (I know many on scout and here probably don't think so) but if the Chiefs continue playing like they have (after Willie Roof retires, Trent Green gets injured and Huard comes in and looks lights out) Edwards should be up there just as high as Billick imho
    "Is it me or does Billick seem a bit in his Post game Interviews? or is it he's just :insane: and doesn't know what to do?"

hate to be the party basher here guys, but lets not crown the winner just yet, I mean Herman Edwards (I know many on scout and here probably don't think so) but if the Chiefs continue playing like they have (after Willie Roof retires, Trent Green gets injured and Huard comes in and looks lights out) Edwards should be up there just as high as Billick imho
    I guess. But even without Roaf, and while we have Ogden, their O-line is still waay superior comapred to ours.

It looks easier too that they have LJ.