Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 2 bye!

Re: Week 2 bye!

Bruce Cunningham talked about this today on his show on WNST. He stated that when the NFL moved the Saints/Giants game to New York there was huge league backlash that the Giants got another "home" game even though they were listed as the road team. The other owners vowed that if this happened again they would not allow it to go back to the road team's home stadium. He says that it had a lot to do with money and the way the tickets were handled.

Personally this sucks as EVERYONE knew that the hurricane was going to damage the area as bad as it did. There was no reason that they couldn't have moved this game to Dallas or called it off early enough to allow the Ravens and Texans to move on with the game planning.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    Profootballtalk.com stated that the Texans wouldn't play the game anywhere else but Reliant Stadium. Since when do beggers get to be choosers? We need to email the Commissioner of football and complain. Stand up for what is fair and proper.
    If the league told them to show up in Baltimore or Atlanta or Moscow for all I care, they better show up. If they dont, they forfeit and we get the W.

This is B.S

I hope the coaching staff can use this to inspire the team, an us against the world moment.

I'll also give the whole team a pass now if the season falls to shit.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Nice, real fuckin' nice!!

Every team we play including our own division now gets a little extra benefit by playing us, particurally in the second half.

Guess we're just gonna have to go out and put our foot up everybodys ass the way we did to the Bengals.

Here's to hoping we don't sustain any injurys down the road that would really benefit from that week 10 bye.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Thyrl Nelson of WNST had a wonderful idea.

- Move Rav vs Tex to Baltimore
    - Move Rav vs Raiders to Oakland
    - Move Tex vs Raiders to Houston

and abracadabra --- everyone has 8 home and 8 road games

I wanna punch Goodell in the nuts.

This is BULLSHIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    Thyrl Nelson of WNST had a wonderful idea.

- Move Rav vs Tex to Baltimore
    - Move Rav vs Raiders to Oakland
    - Move Tex vs Raiders to Houston

and abracadabra --- everyone has 8 home and 8 road games

I wanna punch Goodell in the nuts.

A bye yes, but then it would a bye and five road games from 10/12-11/16. Thank you but no.

I think they should have moved it to an other location and moved it to tuesday or even wednesday if needed. And in week 3 both of the teams could have had monday games.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    Profootballtalk.com stated that the Texans wouldn't play the game anywhere else but Reliant Stadium. Since when do beggers get to be choosers? We need to email the Commissioner of football and complain. Stand up for what is fair and proper.
    I did, I have yet to get a response. I was also very polite, though I did mention that trying to avoid the post-Katrina PR disaster he ruined our season.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

So much for the commis saying recently he is a fan of all 32 teams.
    Did Taglaboobs write some small print on your contract about screwing with Baltimore when you took over Roger?

Lets just hope we get on a 15 game roll and would consider that later bye week as ruining the Ravens winning streak.:grbac:
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6 View Post
    Because we are the Ravens who nobody cares about outside of our area, we get screwed. I can't imagine how Bisciotti, Ozzie, and Harbaugh could possibly be ok with playing 15 straight weeks of football, not even including the 5 of 6 on the road thing.
    I'm sure Biscioti, Ozzie & Harbaugh are mad as hell, but they can't do anything about it, this was shoved down our throats. Goodell has proven he is even more spineless then Taglibue. The NFL really hates Baltimore. Who would have ever thought that Selig would get this right & Goodell would screw the pooch??!! MLB beats NFL w/ their response to this mess??!! WTF

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

i hope i dont get in trouble but i need to vent on this whole situation.

1.fuck goodell and the NFL.these idiots seen this storm coming and the jackasses were to f'n stupid to plan as soon as they could.instead they wanted to wait to the last minute and figure the best way to put us(the ravens)in the worst possible situation now that they had the chance.

2.why not just get rid of the bye week before the superbowl move the playoffs back and play us against the texans the last week of the season.that would fuck with the NFL'S money so we wouldnt wanna do that.

3.tell the texans look you idiots there is STORM COMING YOUR WAYYYYYYYY.het the hell out of there play the game somewhere else and move on you lose a home game deal with it.

lets all take a second and ask what if this was the patriots and golden boy "the faggot"tom brady.but like someone else had said hopefully harbs and gang can use this as a us against the world.......(where is billick when we need him)he could of used this situation and stick ity up everyones ass.

It will be interesting to see how the national media reacts to this "new schedule" and how it impacts the Ravens and Texans season.

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    MLB beats NFL w/ their response to this mess??!! WTF
    It was the exact same response!

The Astros are playing TONIGHT here in Houston!

Harris County and HOK sport told BOTH sports leagues the stadiums would be ready to go for sports.

The only difference is the condititon of the stadiums -- baseball good, football bad. BOTH places built by HOK sport. BOTH places rated to survive a Cat 5 storm.

When the storm passed over Houston, it turned quickly to a Cat 1 storm. In case you need to get your learn on what a Cat 1 storm is, here ya go. Well within the tolerances of the stadium. Note the very first sentence "No real damage to buildings". Even before the decision was made to move the game to Monday, ALL models had the storm weakening once it hit land.

Alas, I guess your right. The league should have known better then the officials on site, the people who rate and designate the strength of the storms AND the people who built the stadium and called off the game. Forget the experts damnit, The Commish should have known this was going to happen!

Yeah, that makes a ton of common sense. :grbac: