Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Wow! Big news from the Wasilla Trailer Park

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    We agree and what you said is why my dad always begged us never to go into politics.

You can be a sports writer, a business man or a preacher but never a poltician.

Hey Dade, here is an old military story he always told. He was a gunner on a B-17 until he was injured and hospitalized. Then they grounded him because he flunked the eye exam. They returned him to the states to be re-trained as a plane mechanic.

While there he ran into his old sarge from basic training. Everyone hated him. Just before everyone was sent over seas, they had Christmas passes to see their families.

The sarge cancelled them all.

A lot of those guys never came back and never got to see their wives and families one last time.

When he came back to the states that sarge was busted to PFC and dad became his sarge.

He said he got even for all those guys that died that never saw those families.

I said what did you do to him.

He never told me. He always told me everything except that.

Being a military guy, what would be your guess.

I think he might have killed him.
    Hard to say. Different eras of the military can/have gotten away with different things. He probably just made his life a living hell. Gave him shitty details, cancelled some leave and passes. Probably even wrote some bad evaluations. Now if they had been on the battlefield I could see something a little extreme like him killing him. Most likely he probably just hazed him death.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Does it really matter? Does she have ANY direct control over your life or what you do?

If you answer "Yes", or in Obama's case "Present", then you can bitch/praise all you want. Otherwise, I don't see what the big deal is and its a "non-story" IMO. What she does or says has no bearing on my life........Obama spending $$$Trillions of dollars and having no way to pay it back does......so why don't we talk about that, huh?
    For some of us our worlds are larger than our wallets. You should look up once in while and check it out.

Read the aol link I posted just above Galens post - the one with that ugly pic next to his name.

Nevermind. Here is the link. This will save you from having to look at Galen's pic again and you can look at the good looking girls in bikinis next to my name.

http://news.aol.com/article/sarah-pa...plaints/501303
    Seriously Trap are those girls over 13 years old? Don't be that old man at the beach with camera.

Here is a better pic for you:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    For some of us our worlds are larger than our wallets. You should look up once in while and check it out.
    I don't worry about my wallet, I'm worried about my son's.

You still avoided the question....how does she effect your life directly?

Your compulsion (and most fanatical lefties) towards her is frightening. I'm guessing that if you were to practice some convergent thinking and answer my question you'd be much happier in life. Hell, it might be cathartic.....

I don't worry about my wallet, I'm worried about my son's.

You still avoided the question....how does she effect your life directly?

Your compulsion (and most fanatical lefties) towards her is frightening. I'm guessing that if you were to practice some convergent thinking and answer my question you'd be much happier in life. Hell, it might be cathartic.....
    Sarah Palin is a leading GOP candidate for President in 2012. How does that not affect me? The way the conservative movement is in this country right now, there is a chance she could someday be elected President of the U.S. That is a very scary thought for many people in this country. The sooner she is out of the question, the better off the future of this country will be.

She is;

1. A christian fundamentalist of whom abhors science and a person's choice to their own medical outcomes.

2. In the pocket of big oil so would therefore put the advancement of green energy technology would be on the back burner for another administration,

3. an individual who demonstrates an incredible deficiency in understanding world affairs and cultures,

4. an indivdual who doesn't read or demonstrate any curiousity about the world,

5. speaks in "word salads" and is frankly more incomprehensible than even "W" when it comes to speaking,

6. plays the victim card more than any public figure in my experience and would be a disaster on the world stage as a result,

7. maybe she is a bright person but clearly is not a knowledgeable person and has become who she is because of the conservative notion that our leaders should be people that are not highly educated, folksy and people with whom we could have a beer.

All of these things affect me immensely in just the idea that they are potentials in my future. For those who see "W" as a complete disaster, Palin has all the hallmark attributes that would make her very similar if not worse. At least "W" had some knowleagable people around him making decisions for him. I don't think Palin has anyone in her camp at this point that is doing anything that makes sense.

She is symbolic off all that has currently gone astray in the U.S. as far as politics is concerned. Its time for her to be relegated to hosting a Fox News show, challenging Anne Coulter's NY Times overinflated best selling books and speaking tours to the rabid part of the republican base. There she is safe.

LOL at Galen's disdain for white women. It comes from his Middle East background.

She is out of politics, at least for the moment, and Galen is the only one who is still obsessed with her and kicking her while she is down.

:insane: :grbac:
    nice stereotype Trap...Don't tell my white american mom or my white american wife about my disdain for them. here is a "fox Noise contributer" who also must have disadin for white women. The male fox news host is trying so hard to get this woman to say something supportive of Palin but the woman is apparently too bright for him.

My favorite comment is when she speaks of Palin as "we're not talking about a great statesman of profound experience here" That might be the best comment I have heard so far and it comes from a fox news contributer to boot :hammer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvj-X...layer_embedded

By the way Trap...you should really take those pictures of the prepubescent girls off your avatar...it makes you seem kinda creepy. I am sure a parent of those 12 year old girls wouldn't want some old man to have her children on as his avatar.

Blog Entries

Sarah Palin is a leading GOP candidate for President in 2012. How does that not affect me? The way the conservative movement is in this country right now, there is a chance she could someday be elected President of the U.S. That is a very scary thought for many people in this country. The sooner she is out of the question, the better off the future of this country will be.
    I personally hope she isn't the front-runner for the GOP in '12. I'm hoping Huckabee and/or Romney re-enter their names in the hat as I personally feel they aren't as polarizing as Palin. Of course, if Obama and Co. keep running things the way they are now a monkey could run for the GOP in '12 and win.

You may not want to hear this but a LOT of people that I know who voted for Obama are tired of the bullshit they're seeing and are disappointed with how he's handling everything. The recent Cap-and-Trade bill was the straw.

She is symbolic of all that has currently gone astray in the U.S. as far as politics is concerned.
    So this statement doesn't apply to the current administration and Congress?

I personally hope she isn't the front-runner for the GOP in '12. I'm hoping Huckabee and/or Romney re-enter their names in the hat as I personally feel they aren't as polarizing as Palin. Of course, if Obama and Co. keep running things the way they are now a monkey could run for the GOP in '12 and win.

You may not want to hear this but a LOT of people that I know who voted for Obama are tired of the bullshit they're seeing and are disappointed with how he's handling everything. The recent Cap-and-Trade bill was the straw.
    People that are upset with the way Obama is running things are mostly upset that he isn't asserting himself as much as he said he would while campaigning. There are too many instances where he is trying to find bipartisan solutions to issues that progressives find too important. Such as a "public option' for healthcare, stricter regulations under "cap and trade" greater push for equal rights for gay marrriage. These are all areas where he is catering to a politcal party that just wants to see him accomplish absolutely nothing so they can say he failed. That is setting a very dangerous precedent.

True Obama supporters are upset because he has actually been too moderate so far. I recognize though that much of that could be a product of coming into such a dire situation that he can't quite do all that he wants. There is another side of me that has been following his campaign closely since Katrina and recognizes that Obama is a master politician and pretty much everything he does is a tactic that lends itself to a greater strategy that always makes sense when you see the plan unfold.

I will judge after 3 years. Keep in mind that, politically speaking, the Obama Admin. essentially rendered karl Rove obselete to the point where Rove is nothing more than a talking head on Fox News right now. 2 years ago Karl Rove was "The Architect"...now he is no more than a mouthpiece for Rupert Murdoch. That is pretty impressive if you look at honestly. I don't doubt that, even in incredibly tough times, Obama isn't on a track he set a year ago.

True Obama supporters are upset because he has actually been too moderate so far. strategy that always makes sense when you see the plan unfold.
    Inconceivable. He has pushed his extreme liberal agenda with LIGHTSPEED,

As I heard one conservative commentator say... I don't think this will bode well for her when she campaigns in Texas,.... a state you have to win as a republican or you have no chance,... and say to her audience "I quit in Alaska, now I want to be your prez".

Galen said Palin is a Prez candidate.

Unless she is resigning to run for a senate seat, she is not running for president. She already stated that she is not running for re-election to the guv mansion.

So if she is reisigning with hopes of moving around the country to help the GOP and pick up nomination votes she is doing it the wrong way. First of all she doesnt have the money with 1/2 mill in debt for legal fees.

Secondly, she doesnt have the traveling expenses to move around the country.

That worked for Nixon but he did it a diff way. After his you dont have Nixon t0 kick around anymore speech, he went back to NY and made millions as a top lawyer for the Rockefeller's and other ruling familes from the Skulls.

Then he went around the country picking up favors and votes from the GOP. He had the millions.

Palin does not.

Even if she runs for the Senate, it seems at least at this point, she couldn't win an election as, well, polar bear collector.

Not in that state the way things are.

So once again, Galen is obsessed with his hatred for a white woman who is down and out and he is still kicking her.

The Michael Vick dogs had better treatment.

As I see it, the only one obsessed around here is you, Trap... it's all over your posts like flies on chit.

As far as how Palin affects me or why I am "so concerned" about her, Richard Cohen's column in WAPO today just about succinctly wraps it well:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...070602981.html

Eugene Robinson goes right at the issue of how any criticism of Palin is seen as sexist and elitist ala Trap who thinks you must disdain all white women if you see through the facade of Palin;

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...d=opinionsbox1

You know, it really isn't about Palin "per se" as much as it is about the recklessness of the GOP putting her a "heartbeat" away from being our country's leader. Seriously the GOP needs to own this and look carefully at how this occurred. There were plenty of distinguished senators ready for the VP role but the party, as Cohen points, chose ideology over experience in choosing Palin.

Palin has become a symbol of the out of touch GOP and how they rely more on stirring up a repulsive, nationalistic anger mixed in with isolationist greed and a narrow-minded understanding of the world to gain vote vs. putting up someone that has an exemplary educational background and a curiosity about the world that lends to empathy and understanding. You know...its ok to be smart folks...its ok to be interested in the world in a way that helps the U.S. get along through ways other than arrogance.

Its that lack of willingness to get that point that makes people like myself so adamant to see Palin vanish. I wish her the best...just get lost.