Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

Yeah I think Pees is more on the hot seat than anyone. Baltimore is KNOWN for D and our current ranking, as well as the past 2 games letting a grandfather and than a no name beat you when you we're handed a lead in both games, just doesn't fly. Last time we had a scared DC he only lasted a year, and his D was even ranked higher than this one. I've hated the Pees idea from the getgo.

edit: really all I want for Xmas is to see Marvin Lewis get fired so we can lure him back. WHY we didn't pursue Del Rio and wen't with Pees brain is a mystery to me. Denver is currently 4th in total D.

Blog Entries

IMO, it's time for Flacco to put up or shut up. He wants more control of the offense? Ok, now he has it. Let's see what he does with it. If the offense doesn't improve, then I don't see Bisciotti giving Flacco the big contract he wants. It is still highly unlikely, but I wouldn't be totally shocked if Flacco were to be franchise tagged and then traded this off-season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    IMO, it's time for Flacco to put up or shut up. He wants more control of the offense? Ok, now he has it. Let's see what he does with it. If the offense doesn't improve, then I don't see Bisciotti giving Flacco the big contract he wants. It is still highly unlikely, but I wouldn't be totally shocked if Flacco were to be franchise tagged and then traded this off-season.
    Agreed. At this point, it's on Flacco. No excuses now.

Blog Entries

Flacco is safe but I wouldn't say the same about HARBs - maybe, maybe not but Vinny and Rob said on radio that there's no way Bisciotti gives
    Joe $17M for being a part time player.

He's not consistent for 4 qtrs and he won't get that much for the
    way he is now.

Blog Entries

they're both safe. Tag Flacco and see what he does in a new system

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Agreed. At this point, it's on Flacco. No excuses now.
    People think this is crazy talk for the Ravens to trade Flacco, but look at how well so many rookie QBs are doing these days. Also, who was Joe Flacco when he was drafted out of Delaware? The Ravens went to the AFC Championship Game in his rookie season. I don't think that Flacco being traded is likely, but it is possible depending on his performance and contract demands.

In regards to the original question, I would rather the Biscuit just stay out of all decisions, even if they may be right. I'm quite certain he was behind Cam getting the axe. Harbaugh was never going to do it. Unless Bsiciotti wants to appoint himself as GM then he should stay out of all of these decisions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    People think this is crazy talk for the Ravens to trade Flacco, but look at how well so many rookie QBs are doing these days. Also, who was Joe Flacco when he was drafted out of Delaware? The Ravens went to the AFC Championship Game in his rookie season. I don't think that Flacco being traded is likely, but it is possible depending on his performance and contract demands.
    Yeah, you really can't rule that out. These last 3 games and playoffs are going to be huge in determining Flacco's future here.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    In regards to the original question, I would rather the Biscuit just stay out of all decisions, even if they may be right. I'm quite certain he was behind Cam getting the axe. Harbaugh was never going to do it. Unless Bsiciotti wants to appoint himself as GM then he should stay out of all of these decisions.
    I don't have a problem with him making a decision, but in the off-season. If this was truly his call, it just smacks of Danny Snyder'ism at its worst and can really undermine the authority of your head coach in the locker room.

I am not questioning the what: I am thrilled Cam is gone. But the more I think about the how, the more uneasy I get.

Although someone said that Bisciotti made a snap decision to fire Billick, and that worked out fairly well. But again, that was in the off-season. So I guess we'll see...
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 12-11-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I don't have a problem with him making a decision, but in the off-season. If this was truly his call, it just smacks of Danny Snyder'ism at its worst and can really undermine the authority of your head coach in the locker room.

I am not questioning the what: I am thrilled Cam is gone. But the, more I think about the how, the more uneasy I get.

Although someone said that Bisciotti made a snap decision to fire Billick, and that worked out fairly well. But again, that was in the off-season. So I guess we'll see...
    It certainly undermines the authority of your head coach to the point where you are better off firing the head coach. If a head coach wants to make this kind of move, then that head coach should assume the play calling responsibility until a new coordinator can be hired in the offseason. It isn't fair to Caldwell to put him on a hot seat like that. Of course Harbaugh is completely incapable of doing that.

Maybe you think the Biscuit's move on Billick has worked out fairly well, but I think this team has at least one Superbowl Championship if Billick were still here. Until this past season, our defense has remained solid, and Billick was great at getting the right coordinators in there to keep them elite. Guys that were superstars here left to become nobodies elsewhere. Billick would have never hired Mattison or Pees, especially when Del Rio was out there. As for offense, this offense would be a wet dream for Billick. We all criticize Billick's offenses, but he did the best with what he had. If you gave that man a weapon, and he was really only given 3 or 4 in his whole tenure, he got the most out of that weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    It certainly undermines the authority of your head coach to the point where you are better off firing the head coach. If a head coach wants to make this kind of move, then that head coach should assume the play calling responsibility until a new coordinator can be hired in the offseason. It isn't fair to Caldwell to put him on a hot seat like that. Of course Harbaugh is completely incapable of doing that.

Maybe you think the Biscuit's move on Billick has worked out fairly well, but I think this team has at least one Superbowl Championship if Billick were still here. Until this past season, our defense has remained solid, and Billick was great at getting the right coordinators in there to keep them elite. Guys that were superstars here left to become nobodies elsewhere. Billick would have never hired Mattison or Pees, especially when Del Rio was out there. As for offense, this offense would be a wet dream for Billick. We all criticize Billick's offenses, but he did the best with what he had. If you gave that man a weapon, and he was really only given 3 or 4 in his whole tenure, he got the most out of that weapon.
    I really don't want to get this into a Billick vs. Harbaugh thing. I will just make 2 points:

I thought that in the first part of his career, Billick was a great coach. The perfect hire for the culture of the organization. But coaches (all coaches) eventually lose their voice in the locker room (as Harbaugh may now be losing his..we'll see). I don't think Billick would have gotten the same out of these last 4 years that Harbaugh did.

And it amazes me how people rag on the defensive coordinators under Harbaugh. Up until this season, all had top 10 (if not top 3) defenses. 2 got hired away as head coaches. If you are going to criticize him for not hiring Del Rio, does he get no credit for Pagano?

Again, I am not going to get too deeply into this subject. Those were my 2 main thoughts...you can have the last word. Thanks.

Billick had a fat man trying to undermine him at every turn. That's how he lost his voice.