Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: RSR Music Thread

I'm actually really into Drum and Bass right now, not sure if anyone else here would like it.

Blog Entries

I sing all the oldies rock and motown on Fri nights and a lot of AC/DCs, Lynyrd Skynyrd's, Allman Bros old stuff plus Warrant and Nickelback.

Love country music of the 90s like Garth mentioned above, Hank Williams Jr, Clint Black but they're really rock n roll with a southern twang. Hank Sr would never do it that way as the song goes. Got everything Willie Nelson ever did and l sing Folsom Prison by Johnny Cash.

I just saw an old Miami vice episode with Willie as the guest star playing a retired Texas Ranger
    in Miami to get the guys who killed his adopted son. He gets in the way of Sonny and the boys in the process.

It was simply the best TV show I ever saw. You can search it on Netflix.

I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN. BOB SEGER
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-04-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm actually really into Drum and Bass right now, not sure if anyone else here would like it.
    Very European.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Technical metal is still something I really enjoy.

Architects, Animals as Leaders, Protest the Hero, and Periphery to name a few. If you like intricate guitar work and unique drumming, check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Technical metal is still something I really enjoy.

Architects, Animals as Leaders, Protest the Hero, and Periphery to name a few. If you like intricate guitar work and unique drumming, check them out.

One of my favorites of the genre is Sadows Fall... MY music taste is generally 5-10 years old or older though... I don't keup that much anymore in my old age(early 30's).

That's pretty much my go-to genre... For mainstream acts I'm more into the Tool/RATM/Staind/System of a Down/Incubus genearl path of musicians.
    Love me soem classic Rock-80's music like Sabbath, Zeppelin... to Rush being more modernish Prog "metal".

Can someone clue me in on Danger Mouse?

Never heard of him but he's a producer and is putting the final touches on U2's next album.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Can someone clue me in on Danger Mouse?

Never heard of him but he's a producer and is putting the final touches on U2's next album.
    Danger Mouse is probably best known for creating The Grey Album, which mashed up guitar from the Beatles' White Album and vocal tracks from Jay-Z's Black Album. I personally happen to think the output was good but overrated (you can check out many tracks on YouTube) but he has a good reputation in the industry for creativity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzyWISgWdTo
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Danger Mouse is probably best known for creating The Grey Album, which mashed up guitar from the Beatles' White Album and vocal tracks from Jay-Z's Black Album. I personally happen to think the output was good but overrated (you can check out many tracks on YouTube) but he has a good reputation in the industry for creativity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzyWISgWdTo
    Cool. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

One of my favorites of the genre is Sadows Fall... MY music taste is generally 5-10 years old or older though... I don't keup that much anymore in my old age(early 30's).

That's pretty much my go-to genre... For mainstream acts I'm more into the Tool/RATM/Staind/System of a Down/Incubus genearl path of musicians.
    Love me soem classic Rock-80's music like Sabbath, Zeppelin... to Rush being more modernish Prog "metal".
    You and I are around the same age.

RATM will always have a place on my radio. As a guitar player, I think you have to really appreciate Tom Morello and his style. No one does the things that he does om the guitar.

I saw System of A Down at Ozzfest in 2001 or 2002. I was disappointed with their live show. I like them a lot, but I think they are a classic case of a great studio band that has a hard time replicating their sound in love venues.

should have read "Shadows Fall"

Also forget to mention Dream Theatre in the that intricate/melodic/metal genre discussion.

Disappointing that SOAD was a letdown live...

Metallica at Woodstock 99 was probably my favorite live show... 3+ hours, and everytime I thought they were out of good songs I knew they came back with another one...
    Seen Primus several times, always a good show, RATM at Woodstock as well, Incubus opening for Primus...

Blog Entries

Also forget to mention Dream Theatre in the that intricate/melodic/metal genre discussion.

Metallica at Woodstock 99 was probably my favorite live show... 3+ hours, and everytime I thought they were out of good songs I knew they came back with another one...
    Seen Primus several times, always a good show, RATM at Woodstock as well, Incubus opening for Primus...
    Best live show I ever went to was HFestival in 2000 ( I think). Started out in the morning with the Bloodhound Gang, don't remember who was between them and 3 doors down (I think that's who it was) but right after them it went Godsmack, Cyrpus Hill, Stone Temple Pilots and then RATM who I left before they came on because everyone I was with was wiped out and I was like I'll see them next time they come around.. and then they split up shortly after. AHHHH!

Blog Entries

I have never seen Metallica, but have always wanted to.

Primus is one of those bands that you either REALLY like or you REALLY don't. I happen to REALLY like them. I saw them at Bonnaroo two summers ago (2011) and they were fantastic. They played a lot of new stuff and Les Claypool used a standup orchestral bass a lot of the show. Very weird. They played a lot of the classics though, Jerry Was a Racecar Driver, Pork Soda, Tommy The Cat (one of my fav's), Wynona's Big Brown Beaver, and my all-time favorite song, Lacquer Head. The bass line and drums in that song just makes you want to groove out.