Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire cam

Blog Entries

Re: Fire cam

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Joe had a lot of problems in 2010 with throwing off his back foot as well, not so much last year. In week 2 of 2010 where Joe threw 4 INTs, he was literally throwing every single pass off his back foot, not stepping into his throws.

I hate to descend into a psuedo-sports-psychology debate, but Joe is a passer who needs to be comfortable. Some of the mouth-breathers who hear me say that will throw down their can of Four Loco and scream that means he has no balls, but whatever, it's true--Joe and a lot of other QBs (Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, etc.) play badly when they don't feel comfortable in the pocket.

Flacco needs to get a few completions to heat up, and when he's sensing pressure and losing confidence in his WRs he starts airmailing balls hoping for PIs, overthrowing the long ball to avoid INTs, etc. If that's the kind of QB he is, fine, so be it--you have to scheme to GET him comfortable and THEN start asking him to make the big throws.

We KNOW Flacco feels more confident out of the no-huddle. We could have gone into the no-huddle coming out of the 2nd half after Pittsburgh scored 10 consecutive points to tie it up, let Flacco get hot and see if he can take the game over. Instead, we didn't run a single no-huddle play (only ONE the entire game.)
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Alot of interesting comments and points on this thread.

Guess I'll add my .02.

All this talk about the short comings of Flaccos ability to make certain throws, holding the ball too long, not being able to read defenses and find the open man, no pocket presence, no mobility, etc., etc. etc.
    We've all seen it on various threads every week over the past 5 years.

All this talk about Cams offense being outdated, not enough routes and route combinations, receivers unable to get separation, no throws over the middle, no seam routes, no crossing routes or misdirection, curl or come back routes, etc. etc., etc.

Nothing but 9 and fly routes outside the hash marks with the occasional check down to Rice, etc.

Watch This

And

Watch This

Somehow I doubt very seriously that Joe Flacco just forgot how to do alot of the stuff you just saw in those videos.

Now watch THIS

All of the sudden Dennis Pitta forgot how to get open and play Tight End?

Let's look at Torrey Smith

Dude can only run 9 and fly routes, right?

Who's This Dude?

Dude looks like he has a few skills, knows how to find the soft spots in coverage, isn't afraid to go in the middle and has pretty damn good speed?

Certainly isn't the biggest guy to play wideout, but there's more then a few smaller guys playing wideout in the NFL that are huge play makers for their team that actually have coaches willing to utilize they're abilitys to have a productive offense and win games.

I could go on and continue to debate as to whether or not Flaccos short comings are the problem, or whether or not we don't have enough offensive talent to be more less predictable, or whether the offensive line completely blows, etc.

You ask me, this ain't freakin' rocket science!!!

As mentioned earlier in this and many threads, there is a history and track record with Cam Cameron, the QBS and offensive talent he has had to work with, and the success that many of those players have had once Cam moved on.

Certainly we have some success in spurts depending on who we're playing and what that opposing teams talent level is, and occasionally get lucky with a huge play here and there to capture the win, but is this acceptable?

Sorry, but I've seen too many football games in my life being played by teams with much less talent then ours across the board (QBs, WRs, O-line, etc.) look like jaugernauts (sp?) compared to what we look like more often then not.

Regardless of who we have on the field, and who we add or subtract, the shit looks the same week in and week out, year in and year out.

Ain't no secret here fellas, it's out there somewhere....that stat that says when Ray Rice touches or carrys the ball more then 25 times a game, we win somewhere just short of 100% of the time.

How many times do we have to see close games being played where the offense doesn't need to be one dimensional forcing us to try and play catch up by abandoning the run, only to do just that?

Flat out, no doubt in my mind what so ever..... we will never progress offensively to a consistent unpredictable offense that will win you any Championships with Cam Cameron running this offense.

By the grace of God we may get lucky and pull a fluke from time to time, but is that what we want this team to hang its hat on?

FUCK THAT!!!

We will never have the answer to Flaccos and this units talent short comings (if they're actually there to begin with) until a change is made in how these guys are used and coached.

Not sure who to replace him with, but somebody somewhere is out there every year.

Cam needs to go at the end of this year!!

And if Harbaugh can't man up and do it, or is too stupid or stubborn to see it or do it, then his ass can go too!!!

Gentleman (and ladies)......carry on.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

The Fanatic wins the interwebs.

That post need a love button.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

even the ladys can appreciate that post
    Attached Images Attached Images
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

The Fan Man deserves a cookie. Great post!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post

And if Harbaugh can't man up and do it, or is too stupid or stubborn to see it or do it, then his ass can go too!!!

Jump on my train. This is all coaching. Never has so little been done with so much talent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Jump on my train. This is all coaching. Never has so little been done with so much talent.
    For some reason when I read this, this song popped in my head. I guess it's the "break free from the chains" portion...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    For some reason when I read this, this song popped in my head. I guess it's the "break free from the chains" portion...
    I suggest you chew on an plugged in extension cord.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I suggest you chew on an plugged in extension cord.
    OR, I could just re-watch the game from last night.