Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Torrey Taunted in N.E. about Brother's Death..SERIOUSLY??

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This is the same fan base where some called Joel Ward of the Caps a n-word after he bounced the Bruins out of the NHL Playoffs last year.

Anyone really that shocked?
    :word

That doesn't make them any less despicable.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

and what can we do about it but sit here and say theyre scum, while theyll continue to do it regardless.

Doesnt make it right but assholes tend to stay assholes.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Almost as bad as their racist comments towards the caps last year after the bruins lost.

New England fans in general are a bunch of shit heads.

I've said this before and I mean it: I would rather hang out with Steelers fans.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Yep. Pathetic.

Not a big surprise, but I look to the reaction of other Pats fans as evidence of the norm. As someone once said, if you remain silent about injustice, who will be there for you when it is directed at you. It is expected that we would be offended. If they are not offended, then it speaks volumes.
    Captain Offense

5. Re: Torrey Taunted in N.E. about Brother's Death..SERIOUSLY??

Pretty much my whole family is from Boston and is Pats/Bruins/Sox/Celtics fans. From my experience the majority of the fan base is extremely obnoxious however like mentioned above this is the extreme case of asshole in the fan base. If you ever get the chance check out the NESN page on facebook, you'll see some real gems on there. They are still whining about the game.

Didn't a large contingent of our stadium cheer when our own QB got hurt? Ive always had an intense dislike for New Englanders in general, but have you ever looked at our fanbase? Baltimore is one of the biggest cesspools for ugly, overweight, chain-smoking,poorly-educated, poorly-mannered humans that you will find anywhere. Take a walk through Glen Burnie or most any part of south Baltimore around 9pm on a Friday night, and let me know if you want to start comparing quality of fan bases.

Let's not forget that, folks.

The Ravens have a wonderful, dedicated, classy, knowledgeable fan base that travels all over the country and boisterously supports our team. A lot of these quality fans are also the type who hang out here because it's a haven to avoid the stupid "Joe Flacco isn't a good quarterback" comments that you got from the largely uneducated masses that infest Baltimore up until about 4-5 weeks ago. We have a great fanbase----arguably the most loyal and vocal in the NFL. Yet, let's not operate under any misconcepcion that our rough-around-the-edges fan base would have any more class if in a similar situation. History has proven otherwise.

Idiots being idiots. I feel bad for Torrey, and bad for any classy NE fans.

8. Re: Torrey Taunted in N.E. about Brother's Death..SERIOUSLY??

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Didn't a large contingent of our stadium cheer when our own QB got hurt? Ive always had an intense dislike for New Englanders in general, but have you ever looked at our fanbase? Baltimore is one of the biggest cesspools for ugly, overweight, chain-smoking,poorly-educated, poorly-mannered humans that you will find anywhere. Take a walk through Glen Burnie or most any part of south Baltimore around 9pm on a Friday night, and let me know if you want to start comparing quality of fan bases.

Let's not forget that, folks.

The Ravens have a wonderful, dedicated, classy, knowledgeable fan base that travels all over the country and boisterously supports our team. A lot of these quality fans are also the type who hang out here because it's a haven to avoid the stupid "Joe Flacco isn't a good quarterback" comments that you got from the largely uneducated masses that infest Baltimore up until about 4-5 weeks ago. We have a great fanbase----arguably the most loyal and vocal in the NFL. Yet, let's not operate under any misconcepcion that our rough-around-the-edges fan base would have any more class if in a similar situation. History has proven otherwise.
    Every fan base has the degenerate group, the uneducated group and the overall obnoxious. The difference is the size of those groups. I cant say much for other Baltimore fans, I grew up in upstate NY and currently live in Tampa, I've never gotten to go to a Baltimore home game. I have however been to Sox, Pats and Bruins games. I have been to Yankee games (worst fan base in all sports) and I've even gotten to travel to Canada and see the old expo's as well as the Ottawa Senators. What sets these "fans" apart from the rest is how loud and known those fans make themselves. Boston fans are very good at making sure people know who they are and how loud they can be.

I'm sorry, but that's just a horrible comparison.

Some fans cheering Boller getting hurt does not rise up to the level of dropping n-bombs towards another athlete or mocking the death of Torrey's brother.

Yes, we have our fair share of idiots. But to take a leap to say we're on par with these bastards is flat out inaccurate and borderline trollish.

Blog Entries

Not surprising. They did this the first game during the regular season, sending him all kinds of Tweets.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

All fan bases have idiots. I saw a long thread on a Patriots message board blasting the idiot that sent these tweets.

I've seen Ravens fans at M&T Stadium do some pretty outrageous stuff...not the least of which is taunting the oppossing fans on the way out of the stadium after their team has lost. I don't get that...I mean, the Ravens have a REALLY good home team...just let them walk out in peace...I don't see why screaming at them from behind going down the steps makes you feel any better about the game.

Ok...off the soap box.

My experience in general:
    Nicest fans: Titans
    Most apathetic fans: Dolphins...Falcons a close second (with being the biggest bandwagon fans)
    Most obnoxious/rude fans: Tie between Redskins and Patriots (and yes, in general, they are very condescending and arrogant fanbase)

One last comment...someone mentioned the Yankee fans at Yankee stadium....I went to see the Orioles play at old Yankee Stadium a few years ago, decked out in my black and orange....and I found them to be the most classy fans around (polar opposite of the ones that "travel" to Camden Yards). They were very knowledgeable and respectful of the Orioles tradition. Were they somewhat arrogant? Yes, but when you got banners for 27 championships flying in your stadium, you kind of have a right to be...but again, they weren't total dicks about it like their neighbors to the north.
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 01-23-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Not surprising. They did this the first game during the regular season, sending him all kinds of Tweets.
    Yes I remember some pretty pathetic comments after the first game. Losers will remain losers; glad he's mature enough to rise above them

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!