Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Osemele to start at tackle on Monday night

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Huh? I must've been watching different games. He was terrible in the Atlants game. Only a few plays went to his side and he allowed a guy to come in and tackle rice for a loss on the one play and he let the pocket collapse, which led to a sack on another play. He's a feel-good story, but not a good offensive lineman.
    Ok, that kind of explains how Flacco was IRed in 2010 with Oher protecting Joes blind spot right? Or that Eli Manning couldn't survive the season last year and not get to the play offs and win the superbowl with David Diehl starting at left tackle.

Cool story.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I just hope Oher plays to his potential, and shuts some people up around here. At the end of the day, he and Osemele earned those places in the pre season.
    :word

That's the key

Blog Entries

There have been two occasions in Joe Flacco's professional career, that he has played the Steelers and not been sacked. One of those occasioned showcased Michael Oher at LT and that was two years ago.

As for Bryant McKinnie, I am trying to figure out what part of 'unreliable' effort people don't understand. Last year, when Ben Grubbs went down, McKinnie didn't look any better than Oher did in 2010. His run blocking is subpar, by Ravens standards and he is not in the proper condition for this new offense.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Huh? I must've been watching different games. He was terrible in the Atlants game. Only a few plays went to his side and he allowed a guy to come in and tackle rice for a loss on the one play and he let the pocket collapse, which led to a sack on another play. He's a feel-good story, but not a good offensive lineman.
    wow dude the first game of the preseason... shaking my head....every LT look pretty damn terrible that very first game, both tackles for NE got brady rocked up in the first preseason game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    wow dude the first game of the preseason... shaking my head....every LT look pretty damn terrible that very first game, both tackles for NE got brady rocked up in the first preseason game.
    Thanks for reminding me of that actually.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    There have been two occasions in Joe Flacco's professional career, that he has played the Steelers and not been sacked. One of those occasioned showcased Michael Oher at LT and that was two years ago.

As for Bryant McKinnie, I am trying to figure out what part of 'unreliable' effort people don't understand. Last year, when Ben Grubbs went down, McKinnie didn't look any better than Oher did in 2010. His run blocking is subpar, by Ravens standards and he is not in the proper condition for this new offense.
    they forgot when grubbs went out Mckinney looked god damn awful, now we can say "oh the lockout so he didn't have time to gel or learn the whole O" but hes played LT his whole NFL career and looked like shit, technique and know how shouldn't change. Oher played 1 season 1 season as an NFL LT and did a pretty decent job defending Flacco against every teams number 1 rusher...now you tell me with the body of work Oher has put in with the same continuity of coaches and system he will not be good? What some people don't understand if Oher has beat out Mckinney what does that say about Mckinney then?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    What some people don't understand if Oher has beat out Mckinney what doea that say about Mckinney then?
    :word Coaches are around these players 24/7. I'm fairly sure that they have a better idea of how these guys are performing then fans do. I think McKinnie is a backup at this point.

Or it's another motivator.

We see this all the time in college when the supposed starter is sat for a few plays at the start of the game only to later be brought.

Considering he now has an incentive based contract now, this could just be an extension of that.

Blog Entries

I think the problem is, people just wont let that play go where Oher missed his assignment on Troy, which led to the strip sack on Flacco, which btw was TWO years ago now. People need to move on. At least it will tell us if we actually need to draft or look for a tackle in 2013, hell if Oher plays well, we wont need to do anything on the OT front in 2013.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think the problem is, people just wont let that play go where Oher missed his assignment on Troy, which led to the strip sack on Flacco, which btw was TWO years ago now. People need to move on. At least it will tell us if we actually need to draft or look for a tackle in 2013, hell if Oher plays well, we wont need to do anything on the OT front in 2013.
    spot on, like Ravenswintitle says what we have right now is a GOOD problem to have. 2possible starting LT whos been with the team and can start in a pinch is real good problem. Im down for starting group, its younger and outside with the speed and agility and seasoned battled hardened veterans on the inside that are savvy and brute.

When MAC redone his contract I figure he probably wouldn't be the starter for the simple fact that the terms stated he would have to play at least 50% of the offensive snaps to reach his original dollar amount of his old contract. Then it was rumored that he take the pay cut or get cut. IMO the Ravens already knew Oher outplayed him and KO played well enough to start at right tackle so they basically said we give you the 2+ million to be the back up n come in on certain packages. Think about it, what other player on the Ravens would they have done that to that was suppose to be a starter. I don't think his weight was the sole reason but KO play made Mac less important so if KO didn't play well it's no way the Ravens ask Mac to take a paycut. IMO MAC does reach the 50% offensive snaps

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    When MAC redone his contract I figure he probably wouldn't be the starter for the simple fact that the terms stated he would have to play at least 50% of the offensive snaps to reach his original dollar amount of his old contract. Then it was rumored that he take the pay cut or get cut. IMO the Ravens already knew Oher outplayed him and KO played well enough to start at right tackle so they basically said we give you the 2+ million to be the back up n come in on certain packages. Think about it, what other player on the Ravens would they have done that to that was suppose to be a starter. I don't think his weight was the sole reason but KO play made Mac less important so if KO didn't play well it's no way the Ravens ask Mac to take a paycut. IMO MAC does reach the 50% offensive snaps

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    No doubt they knew they were going with Oher and KO so they asked McKinnie to take a cut... or else. Seems obvious they were willing to take that gamble since they weren't planning to start him.

After giving it some thought, I sure hope KO and Oher work out and McKinnie can be used in jumbo packages and for insurance. We all know he's not the long term answer. If it doesn't work out or if he plays himself back into a starting role, then he will have earned it.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!