Page 164 of 333 FirstFirst ... 162163164165166 ... LastLast
Results 1,957 to 1,968 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That is a possibility...but not Ozzie's style.
    Maybe, they traded up for Flacco, Boller and Oher.

If Detroit was willing to cut him I'm not interested.

Funny, I really wanted the Ravens to Draft him.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

I sure hope a LT drop to Ozzie. Pay Joe and give him a tackle. Caldwell in place, keep Q and Jones, and they set for the O.

If no Great LT, then I'm for all speed on D. I would like to get that tackle this year. The D needs some speed and more depth. A NT and LT is big needs in my mind.

But no Young, and I'm so gald the Ravens are picking last. Awesome!!!:happyanim
    Last edited by bmore finest; 02-04-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Blog Entries

That is a possibility...but not Ozzie's style.
    He had better make it his style this year.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Ozzie is not trading up 15-20 spots for Johnson.

And if he does, it's going to take quite a few of our high picks and we likely would not be able to draft that "speed" LB or "speed" S.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

And if he does, it's going to take quite a few of our high picks and we likely would not be able to draft that "speed" LB or "speed" S.
    Like I said, he's traded up for 3 recent first round picks. I don't think it's outside the realm of the possibility with 11 picks to work with.

Blog Entries

There are plenty of rounds.

Marshal Yanda: Third Round Pick
    Lardarius Webb: Third Round Pick
    Arthur Jones: Fifth Round Pick
    Dannell Ellerbe: Undrafted
    Benard Pierce: Third Round Pick
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

You need a LT. Go and get him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You need a LT. Go and get him.
    It just isn't Ozzie's style.

If Lane Johnson or Eric Fisher drop into the 20's, I could see a move up...but that isn't happening.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

It just isn't Ozzie's style.

If Lane Johnson or Eric Fisher drop into the 20's, I could see a move up...but that isn't happening.
    Why not?

Yea at LT i think you re-sign Mckinnie and draft a developmental guy around the 2nd to 4th round. Also im looking at he needs on defense and i dont feel to keen about taking a WR earlier then the 5th. I think Boldin, Torrey, Pitta, Dickson, etc. is enough for another season as the primary targets. Im not saying you count on this but i see some good things in Thompson and Streeter with a year under his belt should be better. Probably very unlikely either show themselves worthy of being counted on heavily in the future but im feeling like next year might be a better year to take a WR higher in the 2014 draft. I just know our defense needs a lot of athleticism and our ST could use it too.

Exactly.

To move from 32 to 18 would cost at least the 1st (32), 2nd (62) & 4th (126) round picks. Sure, there are 11 picks, but 4 of them are not tradable, and could be 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th rounders. So, trading up to get a LT that isn't a sure thing would leave the Ravens picking an LT at 18, then sitting until pick 94 (end of the 3rd round). Then a comp 4th at no better than 127, followed by your next pick somewhere in the 160+ range. You aren't going to fill your roster with many impact players doing that.