Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Okay.Tell that to Harbaugh and replay assistant upstairs. Both that said that play was not reviewable. Just saying
    Harbaugh did not say it was not reviewable he said he could not challenge because it was under two minutes left in the game. As for the rest Steelfan answers that one

Blog Entries
    Why torture yourself?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    That play is not reviewable. Even Harbaugh acknowledge this in his press conference.
    It was reviewable, it was not challengeable. It was inside the 2 minute warning, the booth could have called for a review and should have. I don't think it was a catch but it merited a review.

This was bugging me from the moment it happened as I thought it was goodm so thanks to those wh posted the rules, althought I do think he got both feet in, according to the rule posted int he thread here since the ball came out at the same time the second foot came down, it is not a catch. I would think that had he picked that foot back up completely from the ground and then the ball comes out that then it is a catch so I think now that it was the right call by the ref and not even a judgement call. Bottom line is that if Evans just holds onto iut, protects it better this discussion does not take place. This actually makes me feel somewhat better.

2nd foot touching the ground.

Ball already coming out.

Case closed.

To the above, yep just looked at it again and I do think still his toe was down right as the defender hit the ball, doesn't matter, the rule says that he has to have the foot come down and then make a move like picking it back up, he did not so no catch. And I also have to give credit to the defender for knocking it out, I know Evans should have done more to hold it but I am not sure what that could have been.

Evans initial step into the endzone....has not caught the ball yet.

Evans with control but in the air

Evans 1st foot down, with control

Evans 2nd foot down, lost control

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMan View Post
    To the above, yep just looked at it again and I do think still his toe was down right as the defender hit the ball, doesn't matter, the rule says that he has to have the foot come down and then make a move like picking it back up, he did not so no catch. And I also have to give credit to the defender for knocking it out, I know Evans should have done more to hold it but I am not sure what that could have been.
    I posted the 2nd set of images before I noticed your reply....

It was the right call, but probably should have been reviewed.

The thing that is so damn upsetting is, that it appears Evans is careless with it, and that he's starting to raise his arms up to celebrate instead of tucking and avoiding the contact.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMan View Post
    Losing Control, Toe still not down

Toe down, you can tell this is when it hits because the front of his foot starts to bend.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    It was the right call, but probably should have been reviewed.

The thing that is so damn upsetting is, that it appears Evans is careless with it, and that he's starting to raise his arms up to celebrate instead of tucking and avoiding the contact.
    It probably should have been. The report was the replay assistant upstairs looked at it and said that it was a no catch

Quote Originally Posted by rellimie View Post
    I posted the 2nd set of images before I noticed your reply....
    Way to piece together this post. It's clear that it was not a TD..sadly...let's take it for what is. A problem that's plague our receivers all year (drops) once agains rears its ugly head in the playoffs. Even if the play got reviewed good probability that the call stands.