Wembley?

Other meet-ups?

Summer BBQ (Huddersfield) ?

Any US Ravens over here?

Do we continue with the newsletter?

'Lee Van Cleef' ?

Any other thoughts?

Re: Where to in 2008?

Well I'm changing departments in work as of next week. 30p an hour more and an extra 5 hours a week. So my aim is to be able to go to a game during the 2009 season, going to start saving ASAP.

Can't see me being able to make the BBQ but I'll do my best.

I may be going to the Wembley game, depends on tickets, money and if the Ravens have a game that Sunday.

Had an idea which is probably not feasable in the slightest but I'll put it out there. Should we at some point in the future, make it a tradition to meet up for the first Ravens game of the season to watch it (either via Sky or live over the net)? Just an idea to ponder.

I have often thought a meet-up during a live game would be nice!

I too think that'd be a good idea at some point if plausible.

I'd like to be able to make a game this year or next, can't see towards being able to afford it this year I don't think.

BBQ I'm up for, don't think I'm gonna be able to afford any sort of holiday in the near future so will be good to meet up with everyone.

Wembley I'm torn, it'll probably be my only opportunity to see a game this year but aside from meeting up with the UKRavens I was thoroughly non-plussed by it tbh, weather ruined it, the crowd were extremely ill-educated and the atmosphere was pretty crappy. Only thing that has me thinking of going this year is that the matchup is looking like a better one.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

That's a good idea of a meet up when there is a live Raven game on SKY.
    Remember that Falcon v Raven preseason game we all watched together on tape.What was that big cheer for? I cannot remember? Maybe a Madden tournament or NHL 08,if anyone has an Xbox 360 or PS3.I have NHL 08 for 360 so could bring that.But the wife owns the console.

I am a bit worried about driving to Huddersfield as I usually suffer with killer migraines after long drives for days afterwards.But its all in a good cause.

2009 Trip I'd be up for.Just keep me away from those American women this time,I am married ya know.And you need to be my guardians.hehe.

I will be at Wembley if we get tickets.

At present my focus is on the NHL season and AFL season.So I will be a little bit quiet till the draft or something big goes down in free agency.

Still trying to get over last season and the Head Coaching change saga.

GO Ravens 08!!!
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post
    That's a good idea of a meet up when there is a live Raven game on SKY.
    Remember that Falcon v Raven preseason game we all watched together on tape.What was that big cheer for? I cannot remember? Maybe a Madden tournament or NHL 08,if anyone has an Xbox 360 or PS3.I have NHL 08 for 360 so could bring that.But the wife owns the console.

I am a bit worried about driving to Huddersfield as I usually suffer with killer migraines after long drives for days afterwards.But its all in a good cause.
    - The big cheer was for Will Demps cracking Mike Vick for a sack on their opening drive of the game

- And my main problem for getting to Huddersfield is that I don't have a car but I'm sure I can bribe my mum to go on her insurance for a weekend or so to get up there.

Train service to Huddersfield from the South = it's best to be collected at Wakefield. If the tickets are booked well in advance they are very cheap!

The last BBQ in Peterborough was in late August so we did have a pre-season game to watch. It was the 'hit' on Vick that got a cheer!!!

Blog Entries

It's an interesting idea, this year is a bit of a mess for me, I'm gonna be moving to Nottingham later in the year, and obviously Sundays I spend either at work or playing football. I'll see how things go.

Ben Mortimer and I finally met last Friday. We had a few pints down there in Fells Pt and reminised about our Ravens experiences. I am now in possession of the coveted UK Raven of the Year silver plate. I have it proudly displayed in my cocktail display table which holds my ceramic replicas of various stadiums.
    The Englishman beat the American boy 3 -2 in English darts (kinda makes sense). But then we partnered up against 2 Baltimore City cowboys (cowboy hats and all) and smoked them. They walked away with their chins on their chests.

Wembley- although I had a blast last year going to the Giants/Dolphins, I do not see me returning this year. I am making plans to see all of you here in 2009. We can all stay at Mortimer's place................

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

TOEMAN, are you living in Maryland now? It says Bel Air. If so, make sure you make our party to celebrate the opening of training camp here in Westminster.

Wink Re: Where to in 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    Wembley?
    I may be able to get ahold of two or more tickets to the Saints game to be played in the UK this upcoming season, from my best friend, who owns four Saints season tickets but will use only two. Other Saints fan friends of his are also planning to go. They also currently plan to try to sell their excess tickets when overseas.

I told him that I knew some Limeys who are Ravens fans -- he would consider selling his tickets to some of y'all directly if things work out rather than going through a broker.

Let me know if anyone is interested, and I would put you directly in touch with him.

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    TOEMAN, are you living in Maryland now? It says Bel Air. If so, make sure you make our party to celebrate the opening of training camp here in Westminster.
    Greg - I recommended your party to TOEMAN when we met up so hopefully he can make it over. It should be pointed out he is American, so you'll still only have one super-witty limey in attendance. And Steve, too.