Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Re: Will we re-sign Ryan Jensen?

Quote Originally Posted by Cawtious View Post
    Better question: WTF didn't they approach him after he won the job for an extension? With the season he's had, he's out of their price range now. He may have declined, but at least take a shot.
    We dont value anyone on offense
    Burn it down

I think Ozzie will use the lets wait till someone else signs him approach. Then pick some other guy who never, or rarely, played center before perform the task. It a good way to protect your multi-million dollar investment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Reading Ravors cap article that sure doesn't seem likely. Worst cap shape since 2002 doesn't make me think they be paying that much for a Center
    I have to reluctantly agree because I really do like Jensen. However, in my mind he is not a $10 mil. Center. Isn't it enough we paid $11 mil. for BWill who is a one-trick-pony? I hate to lose anything on the offensive side, but over-paying is not the solution. Perhaps drafting more offensive players is? That seems the way to go for a team with limited cap space... Bc

Skura might be OK between 2 top level guards, but if we'd have had Skura starting the year between Hurst and Eluemanour this season, Joe might be crippled by now. Jensen anchoring the middle allowed us to survive losing Yanda and Lewis both and still have an effective OL.

Blog Entries

How did Jensen rate to my boy Pat Elflien

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    He could get up to 11. Not enough starting caliber C's.

I'm starting to accept that Skura will be our starting C heading into TC.
    Always the draft as well but ya, the more I look at free agency the more I see that we’re gonna be relying heavily on the draft until we get in a better cap situation. Hopefully we fix our drafts. 2016 was nice but I’m not too crazy about the last draft. Hump is a major hit but the rest looks pretty bad at this point. Really hope that class shows more next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    How did Jensen rate to my boy Pat Elflien

I wanted Pat. How did he rate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

If you believe that Jensen is a player who thoroughly loves the sport and whose competitive nature runs too deep to become lax after being paid, you pay him, because his arrow is certainly pointing up and there is a dearth across the entire offensive line in this league.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You're trying to put a percentage on tactics that involve twenty-two moving pieces at one time. That's what analytics tries to do and that's why analytics are so heavily flawed. I mean, some of what I said was hyperbole messing with GWNR and all, but when you have to help out your Tackle, who do you expect to help him? Someone who could be busy going out in a route. Even if you chip, you don't have any Tight Ends athletic enough to create consistent space from defenders in man coverage without being asked to do extra. It's going to be more difficult for them when you ask them to chip. There is no percentage that can be placed on the impact that has on a game.

Last year, you had every issue you have this year, from a passing perspective, except that the edge pressure was well contained. Now, that's not even a given.
    But we're missing the most important point here. Who has better hands when we run a tackle eligible play? Wagner, Howard, or Maclin?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    But we're missing the most important point here. Who has better hands when we run a tackle eligible play? Wagner, Howard, or Maclin?

Wagner.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

They have two options: Nico Siragusa and Matt Skura.

Skura played well this year, so he’d probably be the odds on favorite.

OL:
    Stanley
    Lewis
    Skura
    Yanda
    Howard

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Pretty standard. Hope to be back, but I earned my money so I'm going where it is.

I don't blame the guy. I will happily pay a C who is entering their prime.
    Hopefully Ozzie will too. We seem way worse at finding centers than other ol.