Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Your dream 2018 Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    The Seattle Times' Bob Condotta passes along word that impending free agent Jimmy Graham is "generally considered really unlikely" to re-sign with the Seahawks.

Graham is 31 and headed toward free agency for the first time in his career. He scored 10 touchdowns this season, but Graham's usage has long been odd since being acquired from the Saints a few years ago. Graham and Russell Wilson are extremely good friends, which could help Seattle keep Graham -- if they even want to -- but he surely is going to test the market. Perhaps a return to the Saints could work out if New Orleans cuts its losses with Coby Fleener
    I brought him up a couple weeks ago, I think he is just what we need. Big red zone target that I'm sure Joe will love having, especially considering we have no one of value at TE. He's my guy this off season

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

I can't paint the picture of my dream 2018 offseason yet, but I know Larry Fitzgerald would be a part of it. What a pleasure it would be to watch him play for the Ravens!

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    I can't paint the picture of my dream 2018 offseason yet, but I know Larry Fitzgerald would be a part of it. What a pleasure it would be to watch him play for the Ravens!
    Before he resigned I had us going after him, sad

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Cut:

Maclin
    Webb
    Carr
    Woodhead

Extend:

Suggs

Restructure:

Jefferson
    Jimmy Smith
    Brandon Williams

Resign:

Jensen
    Brent Urban to short “prove it” deal

Sign:

Jarvis Landry
    Jimmy Graham

Draft:

Calvin Ridley
    Best available RB in round 2
    Best available receiving OG in round 3
    Best available insider linebacker in round 4
    Developmental QB
    BPA
    BPA
    BPA...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree with the cuts, although I'd consider bringing back Woodhead.

No on extending Suggs. He'll be 36 this year.

I don't like the idea of restructuring any of those guys. The more restructures we do now the harder it's going to be to cut them down the road as they get older. It'd be one thing if I were confident in their ability to play at a high level all the way through their deals, but Jefferson didn't even play at a high level THIS year, Jimmy Smith has a blown achilles (has he even had surgery yet?), and Brandon Williams is already turning 29 in February. I don't want another Ngata situation where we know he's getting older and his play is falling off but we have to extend him just to lower his cap # because we can't cut him and eat the dead money.

Agreed with re-signing both Jensen and Urban. I think we have the cap room to do it without restructures.

Signing Landry is probably going to be impossible. There are plenty of other cheaper options out there that should still help us out immensely. Graham would be great but I think he's either going to stay in Seattle or go back to NO.

Agree with your draft blueprint for the most part.

Day 1: WR/OL. There isn't much round 1 talent at WR and I'm not a fan of Ridley. Maybe Sutton or another WR who shoots up the boards after the combine will be worthy of a 1st round pick. If not then go best OL on the board. Preferably a RT who can also swing to LT and backup Stanley ala Cam Robinson.

Day 2: TE/RB/WR. I think this is the sweet spot for all 3 positions in this draft. If we don't take OL in round 1 then I would also add that here too. I've been a critique in the past about trading down but I wouldn't even be mad if we traded down in the 1st to net another pick in rounds 2 or 3.

Day 3: ILB, deep cover safety, developmental QB, OL depth, possibly another WR to be a gadjet/slot/returner

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    Heh, preaching to the choir!

Graham is soft I don’t want him. Ridley is number 1 on my draft board for us.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Cut:

Maclin
    Webb
    Carr
    Woodhead

Extend:

Suggs

Restructure:

Jefferson
    Jimmy Smith
    Brandon Williams

Resign:

Jensen
    Brent Urban to short “prove it” deal

Sign:

Jarvis Landry
    Jimmy Graham

Draft:

Calvin Ridley
    Best available RB in round 2
    Best available receiving OG in round 3
    Best available insider linebacker in round 4
    Developmental QB
    BPA
    BPA
    BPA...

Carr
    Woodhead
    Are not getting cut. Woodhead only if Dixon flashes in a major major way.

Maclin
    Webb
    Are as good as gone

Jensen (4yrs)
    Urban (2yrs)
    Wallace (2 yrs)
    Need to be resigned

Need a second MLB
    Could that be Bowser with Correa moving to OLB

Need a TE and WR via draft and free agency

Need to draft a developmental QB

Perriman is unlikely to get cut

Suggs could restructure to add another year but I honk unlikely because affects resigning Z Smith.

As much as I am surprised to say it but if we sign Jensen offensive line set assuming we get injured players back

Need to get more pass rush but where

Need to get a young developmental safety. Is that Clark, et al. On roster?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Sign a veteran RB to back up Collins and draft a RB later in the draft to be the third or compete with Dixon for that spot.
    Have you forgotten Buck Allen? He had quite a productive year for a back-up RB :
    591 yards (3.9 average) 4 TDs; caught 46 passes (60 targets = 77%) 2 TDs.
    I wouldn't disregard him so quickly... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Have you forgotten Buck Allen? He had quite a productive year for a back-up RB :
    591 yards (3.9 average) 4 TDs; caught 46 passes (60 targets = 77%) 2 TDs.
    I wouldn't disregard him so quickly... Bc
    I agree, we definitely don't need a veteran back. If we get a legit RB out of the draft, ie Love or Guice, Id be ok with that

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I agree, we definitely don't need a veteran back. If we get a legit RB out of the draft, ie Love or Guice, Id be ok with that
    If the Ravens draft a 1st class RB early, a guy who can juice up our offense, then it's alright with me. However, signing a veteran or late round pick, seems like a waste of resources to me since we already have Collins, Allen, Dixon, and even West on the roster... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    If the Ravens draft a 1st class RB early, a guy who can juice up our offense, then it's alright with me. However, signing a veteran or late round pick, seems like a waste of resources to me since we already have Collins, Allen, Dixon, and even West on the roster... Bc
    Couldn't agree more, it has to be one of the top guys. If Barkley is the only rb off the board ans we don't take one... I won't be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    That gives you Chris Moore and DJ Moore as starters. Wallace you might bring back on the cheap. Graham at TE. Heck, you might even convince Watson to come back on the cheap. That gives you a line of Stanley/Nelson/Jensen/Yanda/Competition. Sign a veteran RB to back up Collins and draft a RB later in the draft to be the third or compete with Dixon for that spot.
    This sounds realistic, and also a massive upgrade. I love this.