Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Should Tyrod Taylor be included more often?

We may see some wildcat from the Jets this weekend. When Buffalo ran it, it was effective. When your QB is struggling and the offense overall, why not throw in a few plays to surprise the defense and give them something else to defend. Sure beats what we're getting from this offense.

yes.

I'd also like them to bring in a legitimate backup QB in the offseason, just in case.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm not surprised that you don't.
    im not surprised you cant think outside the box

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    We may see some wildcat from the Jets this weekend. When Buffalo ran it, it was effective. When your QB is struggling and the offense overall, why not throw in a few plays to surprise the defense and give them something else to defend. Sure beats what we're getting from this offense.

yes.

I'd also like them to bring in a legitimate backup QB in the offseason, just in case.
    :word

THIS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    im not surprised you cant think outside the box
    Going with a dual-QB scenario, which is what it seems some are advocating, is not thinking outside of the box. That's just flat out being dumb. What team has ever run a dual-QB scenario and been successful? I'll save you the trouble of researching that one: the answer would be zero.

If the offensive coaches want to think outside of the box, then they should reinstitute out routes, come backs and back shoulder throws. Better yet, how about they throw in a few blitz-beating pass plays? That way Flacco isn't constantly staring at a free-runner while waiting for his receivers to break into their routes 10 yards down the field.

Right now, most of their throws are going to the middle of the field, which works in favor of the defenses because they're stacking the box and then dropping into shallow zones.

Flacco has been bad at times, but the overall offensive scheme has been just really unintelligent.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Our offensive Coordinator has changed, our scheme has not, which i feel some thought would be the case with Caldwell. Its even more evident how ridiculously dated our scheme is. It takes advantage of Joes big arm and a receiving RB like Rice. Otherwise it pretty much hurts our team across the board in every other aspect.
    -JAB

There is so much frustration on this board.
    It is so difficult to watch our Ravens sometimes...ok, seemingly all the time right now.

I would say we are all trying to come up with ideas that we think would help them....I know, I'm one of them.
    Their line is in so much disarray...and the positive game against the Bears cannot be seen at this moment as a change, but an ok showing against a bad Bear run defense. We were supposed to be able to run on them.

But we better find ways to move the ball or this season will be over sunday.
    The Jets have a very good front four.
    They try to play good defense and run the ball. That is their formula. Sound familiar?
    Well, we have a decent defense which is tied for 8th in points against.
    So we need to move the ball inspite of our Oline woes.
    I am not against Tyrod coming in and making a play or two, or coming in and causing a diversion.

We have seen it time and time again, one play, two plays, can make the difference between winning and losing for this team.
    You can bring him in to run a play and you can bring him into the same backfield with Joe.
    And frankly, forget how the money was spent.
    What a good coach does, is figure out how best to use his players...to get the best out of them and put them in the best position to succeed...for the team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Our offensive Coordinator has changed, our scheme has not, which i feel some thought would be the case with Caldwell. Its even more evident how ridiculously dated our scheme is. It takes advantage of Joes big arm and a receiving RB like Rice. Otherwise it pretty much hurts our team across the board in every other aspect.
    It isn't even taking advantage of Joe's ability to throw the deep ball.

How many deep passes have they attempted? Maybe 10? Probably less than that. How many have they connected on? 2 or 3?

I don't get the game plan because most defenses the Ravens are facing are stacking the box and when they aren't blitzing the shit out of Joe they are dropping into shallow coverage. I've re-watched a couple of games and it is pretty glaring how open the sidelines are 8-15 yards away from the line of scrimmage on a lot of passing downs.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

It isn't even taking advantage of Joe's ability to throw the deep ball.

How many deep passes have they attempted? Maybe 10? Probably less than that. How many have they connected on? 2 or 3?

I don't get the game plan because most defenses the Ravens are facing are stacking the box and when they aren't blitzing the shit out of Joe they are dropping into shallow coverage. I've re-watched a couple of games and it is pretty glaring how open the sidelines are 8-15 yards away from the line of scrimmage on a lot of passing downs.
    thats whats worse... we have the same scheme but were not even taking the shots down field, with regularity or success of years past to actually make it function and get those guys out of the box.

New Coordinator, New Scheme are going to be big priorities this offseason. Id expect them all to be fired (or let go). Seems like a harbaugh move, mediocrity will not be tolerated.
    -JAB

iggyman555 Guest

Going with a dual-QB scenario, which is what it seems some are advocating, is not thinking outside of the box. That's just flat out being dumb. What team has ever run a dual-QB scenario and been successful? I'll save you the trouble of researching that one: the answer would be zero.

If the offensive coaches want to think outside of the box, then they should reinstitute out routes, come backs and back shoulder throws. Better yet, how about they throw in a few blitz-beating pass plays? That way Flacco isn't constantly staring at a free-runner while waiting for his receivers to break into their routes 10 yards down the field.

Right now, most of their throws are going to the middle of the field, which works in favor of the defenses because they're stacking the box and then dropping into shallow zones.

Flacco has been bad at times, but the overall offensive scheme has been just really unintelligent.
    lol putting tyrod in for a handful plays is not dual-QB scenario LMAO he can even be used as a decoy for those plays...

Blog Entries

Sorry, this is idiotic on a level unseen. Wildcat, whatever is going to be sniffed out the second Tyrod comes on the field. He is a back up, NOT Reggie Bush.

Want to improve the offense??? Fix the offensive line. TRASH the zone blocking. Fundamentally we are BROKEN there, the Ravens changed what worked to something that CLEARLY does not. If Tyrod can't play CENTER, then there is no reason for his ass to be on the field.

We have a shotgun wound to the offensive line and you Tyrod backers want to fix it with some Purple-Kool Aid? Fix the real problem, not create cute fixes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    lol putting tyrod in for a handful plays is not dual-QB scenario LMAO he can even be used as a decoy for those plays...
    Agreed. It's just a wrinkle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Sorry, this is idiotic on a level unseen. Wildcat, whatever is going to be sniffed out the second Tyrod comes on the field. He is a back up, NOT Reggie Bush.

Want to improve the offense??? Fix the offensive line. TRASH the zone blocking. Fundamentally we are BROKEN there, the Ravens changed what worked to something that CLEARLY does not. If Tyrod can't play CENTER, then there is no reason for his ass to be on the field.

We have a shotgun wound to the offensive line and you Tyrod backers want to fix it with some Purple-Kool Aid? Fix the real problem, not create cute fixes.
    clearly the offensive line has been an issue all season and has not been fixed except vs the worst run D in the league (bears). are you going to keep trying to push square pegs into round holes for the next 6 games or try something new harbs?

and p.s. you clearly missed the point here
    Last edited by iggyman555; 11-21-2013 at 12:33 PM.