Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

Preston is spot on. I am not sure if Ray really believes that or he is now just saying things along the lines of what ESPN wants, but to say it's leadership when guys are doing things on their own time is as Torrey Smith said - "a joke".

Blog Entries

Can't say I disagree with the Preston quote provided here.

I can, however, as one who read Preston's column in the Sun today about Reed, say that it is the epitome of hypocrisy for Preston to call anyone else self-serving.

Blog Entries

I couldn't believe what Ray said last night. This is NOT a leadrship issue. In fact, it's not even an issue at all. They rented a freakin bus and celebrated with some dancers. Gee, I've NEVER done THAT before.

C'mon Ray, you were the greatest leader any team has seen. But there are leaders on this team now. Perhaps last night when asked about this incident you should have had your player's backs just one more time.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    I very rarely agree with Preston, but he's spot on here.
    I don't think Ray is in a position of judging the Jones/McKinnie deal in terms of leadership or even what happened but . . .

That mutiny may have been brought under control with the help of Ray Lewis. I believe the reason some of our guys like Pollard are gone is because without Ray in the locker room Harbaugh was unsure if they could be kept "in line". This might be part of the reason Reed and Boldin aren't here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I don't think Ray is in a position of judging the Jones/McKinnie deal in terms of leadership or even what happened but . . .

That mutiny may have been brought under control with the help of Ray Lewis. I believe the reason some of our guys like Pollard are gone is because without Ray in the locker room Harbaugh was unsure if they could be kept "in line". This might be part of the reason Reed and Boldin aren't here.
    I think it was a factor but money was the biggest issue boldin and reed aren't here. Houston was willing to pay reed way too much and boldin wouldn't take a pay cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think it was a factor but money was the biggest issue boldin and reed aren't here. Houston was willing to pay reed way too much and boldin wouldn't take a pay cut.

now Free
    Money was important but I think there is more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post

I can, however, as one who read Preston's column in the Sun today about Reed, say that it is the epitome of hypocrisy for Preston to call anyone else self-serving.
    I read that, you're spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post

This.

Mike Preston saying someone else is self serving is a big steaming pile of hypocrisy. Nothing more. He has always had it out for Ray Lewis. Always works that angle when talking about him.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    This.

Mike Preston saying someone else is self serving is a big steaming pile of hypocrisy. Nothing more. He has always had it out for Ray Lewis. Always works that angle when talking about him.
    Just because someone is a hypocrite doesn't mean they're not right though.

Blog Entries

IMO Ray Lewis is like a man whose (a) child feels like, "Oh my daddy is the very best there is (Super Bowl XXXV)." Then, years later (b), his grand child senses, "Oh my grandpa is the very best there is (Super Bowl XLVII)." ... Bc

What did he say that cause this reaction from Preston? I'd like a link to quote to judge for myself

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    What did he say that cause this reaction from Preston? I'd like a link to quote to judge for myself
    Scroll down the page.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth