Blog Entries

Re: Predict three depth chart surprises

Attachment 4281

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Attachment 4281

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I get a fucking notification that he's suspended I'm gonna snap.

KILL IT BOYLE
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    If I get a fucking notification that he's suspended I'm gonna snap.

KILL IT BOYLE
    LOL I won't show my face around here for a month at least.

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    IIANM, in 1982, the season Gibbs won his first Super Bowl, John Riggins had a ton of carries and only two turnovers, and running behind the Hogs, a good offensive line, averaged an astounding (to me) 3.1 ypc. How did it work? They had a great kicker. A terrific turnover differential. An average but sure handed and athletic QB who could make the short passing game work and run for a first down. A very good but not great defense. Gibbs had a great strategy. TOP. Opportunistic. Eat up the clock. Get points nearly every damn time you get the ball. Ball control when you need it.

In 1964 Lenny Moore scored 20 TDs in 14 games. IIRC, a lot of those were running TDs inside the five yard line. His ypc was, I think, 3.7.

Ypc by itself doesn't always tell you a lot.
    Great dig on WAS '82!
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Hurst will be your RT, and is a roster lock even if he isn't.

The Ravens stand pat at Center and Jensen we have more 1 than one center see time as a starter this season.

the 5th and or 6th WRs kept on the roster will be interesting (i.e. Not campanaro. Maybe Keenan Reynolds or Chris Matthews)
    Last edited by ClericBlackDave; 07-14-2017 at 10:29 AM.

I'm still holding on to the idea than Lewis moves to RT and Siragusa starts at LG. As long as they starters stay healthy, the backups won't matter as much

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Hurst will be your RT, and is a roster lock even if he isn't.

The Ravens stand pat at Center and Jensen we have 1 than one center see time as a starter this season.

the 5th and or 6th WRs kept on the roster will be interesting (i.e. Not campanaro. Maybe Keenan Reynolds or Chris Matthews)
    "shut up!..shut your mouth!" lol...sigh..you are probably right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    I'm still holding on to the idea than Lewis moves to RT and Siragusa starts at LG. As long as they starters stay healthy, the backups won't matter as much
    I wouldn't move Lewis from LG but what pissed me off in OTA's and mini-camp is that they never even shuffled in guys to get reps, like where was Nembot and Skura? Isn't that what OTA's,mini camp and camp is about? I mean even a look at Lewis at RT would have been nice with Goose at LG, they did no such things not from what was reported anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Great dig on WAS '82!
    Thanks. It was very strange. The Washington crowd loved the "three yards and a cloud of dust à la Woody Hayes" with Riggins plowing in behind the Hogs. I remember one of the Cardinals D lineman saying that they would stop Riggins after only three yards (or so) and start to think they were doing their job, but the crowd would roar so much they would feel bad.

Theismann's feisty leadership was part of that. Washington would slowly get a small lead in the course of the game (not sure they routed anybody) and Theismann would extend drives with a run and shake his fist in the air. He had a strange career, so athletic that as a young backup QB he returned punts. It took him a long time to mature as a QB being mediocre until 1982 and 1983 when he had it figured out and worked the system perfectly. He already began falling off in 1984 and was gone after the horrible injury the next year.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

I wouldn't move Lewis from LG but what pissed me off in OTA's and mini-camp is that they never even shuffled in guys to get reps, like where was Nembot and Skura? Isn't that what OTA's,mini camp and camp is about? I mean even a look at Lewis at RT would have been nice with Goose at LG, they did no such things not from what was reported anyways.
    Skura got reps at C with Jensen and Urschel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Skura got reps at C with Jensen and Urschel
    I must have missed that. How did he do? I know Urschel did.

Blog Entries

I must have missed that. How did he do? I know Urschel did.
    Remember reading that Urschel said he was improved in the OTAs .... hopefully that meant he gained lower body strength ...
    I gave that blurb some cred since Skura was PS last year and Urschel should know if a physical difference happened .... but that is all I have to go on until camp reports
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old