Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: This team won't have a chance at competing if we pay Flacco big money

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    I guess the idiot part would be if we do not have money to spend on the OLINE to protect him. He could be out pretty quick.
    Well...the Ravens have failed to upgrade the O-line now for over 5 years or more. That's not Joe's fault, is it? If anything, given the O-line and mediocre WR group, he'd be MORE motivated to look for a spot elsewhere. The Ravens have NOT built an "elite" offense around him, yet some people seriously expect him to lower his price just to play here? Sorry. I just don't think things in the real world work that way. Did Suggs, Ngata, Lewis, Reed, etc lower THEIR price? No, they clearly did not. Why should Joe?

Blog Entries

Flacco will get more than what we can offer for a team like Buffalo, but will he have the same winning success there as he's had here? I highly doubt that. If he doesn't want to stay here because we're not offering him 100 million, then he can take a hike IMO.

I have a feeling Flacco is going to want to stay here for less money, that's what I'd do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    No. And that's not even a good question in the context of what's being argued here and you know it.

Pretty much by definition he WILL get as big a pay day as he can get...all UFAs do. That's what "market" means. This is the QB position we're talking about...you know that position that's just about solely responsible for winning games. Winning.

If he doesn't want to win here then sure keep pressing the ceiling...and keep losing across most of your 5-6 years too b/c its going to take a few to construct a quality line through the Draft.
    You're making a lot of assumptions. The Ravens have a LOT of holes, have NOT done what they've needed to do to bolster this offense, and to assume that Joe will be smart to stay here because "here = winning; somewhere else = losing" is just not all that bright, IMO. Not under the current situation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    Well...the Ravens have failed to upgrade the O-line now for over 5 years or more. That's not Joe's fault, is it? If anything, given the O-line and mediocre WR group, he'd be MORE motivated to look for a spot elsewhere. The Ravens have NOT built an "elite" offense around him, yet some people seriously expect him to lower his price just to play here? Sorry. I just don't think things in the real world work that way. Did Suggs, Ngata, Lewis, Reed, etc lower THEIR price? No, they clearly did not. Why should Joe?
    Because they EARNED the big contracts for being top players at their positions. And don't act like he's had it so bad here, he's had a top 5 defense in almost every year he's been here so far. He did also have one of the leagues best Olines in his first two years, plus a premium RB.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I have a feeling Flacco is going to want to stay here for less money, that's what I'd do anyway.
    You would? The way Joe's been dealt with here? Seriously? Well, we'll see if Joe feels the same way.

Because they EARNED the big contracts for being top players at their positions. And don't act like he's had it so bad here, he's had a top 5 defense in almost every year he's been here so far. He did also have one of the leagues best Olines in his first two years, plus a premium RB.
    LOL. We'll agree to disagree.

Blog Entries

And you want to talk about terrible offensive lines? What about the Giants last year? They were playing David fucking Dielh at LT. Yet Manning elevated his play down the stretch and won his second SB.

Blog Entries

LOL. We'll agree to disagree.
    Wow, just wow. I guess being DPOY isn't earning the big contract? I guess making pro bowls and all pros isn't earning a contract? I guess the Oline from 08 to 09 sucked so bad (even though they were clearly one of the best units in the league both in pass pro and run blocking).

How dare you even say that a guy like Suggs didn't earn that money. When has Flacco even been in the conversation of being a pro bowl QB or winning MVP like Suggs did on defense last year?

Had we let go of guys like Ngata and Suggs, Flacco wouldn't have had the winning success he's had here, no chance.

1. Each of those guys got market and were/are near or at the top of his position at the time of negotiations. Joe isn't.
    2. Each of those guys can be statistically successful on his own. Joe can't.
    3. With the exception of Ed, I think the FO on truth serum would tell us that each of those deals was bad for the team and they want to stop doing that...especially considering the overall lack of proven talent that exists on our roster going into 2014.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

And you want to talk about terrible offensive lines? What about the Giants last year? They were playing David fucking Dielh at LT. Yet Manning elevated his play down the stretch and won his second SB.
    I wonder how much Cruz factored into that. Do the Ravens have anyone close to Cruz? (PLEASE don't say Smith, okay?) The answer is simple: NO, they do not.

Wow, just wow. I guess being DPOY isn't earning the big contract? I guess making pro bowls and all pros isn't earning a contract? I guess the Oline from 08 to 09 sucked so bad (even though they were clearly one of the best units in the league both in pass pro and run blocking).

How dare you even say that a guy like Suggs didn't earn that money. When has Flacco even been in the conversation of being a pro bowl QB or winning MVP like Suggs did on defense last year?

Had we let go of guys like Ngata and Suggs, Flacco wouldn't have had the winning success he's had here, no chance.
    Yeah. How dare me.

smh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    1. Each of those guys got market and were/are near or at the top of his position at the time of negotiations. Joe isn't.
    2. Each of those guys can be statistically successful on his own. Joe can't.
    3. With the exception of Ed, I think the FO on truth serum would tell us that each of those deals was bad for the team and they want to stop doing that...especially considering the overall lack of proven talent that exists on our roster going into 2014.
    he's confused. he thinks that Flacco is in the top tier at his position like Suggs and Ngata are when that's so far from the truth. When has Flacco ever shown any consistent performance to be compared to a player like Tom Brady?