Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries

Re: In all seriousness, if the circumstances hold up, I see a blowout in the works.

I must say good one Troll!

Re: In all seriousness, if the circumstances hold up, I see a blowout in the works.

I agree with the OP, and the Ravens dominate this game, offensively. Sure, go ahead and call me a homer.

I think the offense the Ravens have displayed at home finally travels on the road.

Ravens - Mid-30's
    Shittsburgh - No more than 16

Also, Ravens first Offensive play: Play action - deep ball to Torrey Smith for a 40 yard gain.

Blog Entries

Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I don't see our offense scoring more than 23 points. It's going to be close, like these games usually are. 20-13 is how I see it, Ravens.

Blog Entries

My original prediction was based on the idea that the Steelers would be without both Ryan Clark and Troy Polamalu. It looks like Ryan Clark is going to play, but I still get the sense that the Ravens smell blood in the water. I just have a hard time believing that Byron Leftwich is just going to be able to come in for Ben and lead a more conservative offense to enough points, against a team they've rarely had success running the ball against. It seems clear that the Steelers are going to rely on their defense to win this game and I just feel like the Ravens offense has ascended to the level that inhibits this strategy.

You can talk about the rookie QB and the mediocre QB, but I don't see how Byron Leftwich can not be considered the same. Antonio Brown will be out as well and he adds a lot to their defense. Rashard Mendenhall will be healthy. However, to be honest, they might be better off giving Redman his share of carries, because Mendenhall has never played up to the level of this rivalry. There was the game where he talked about having a big day, only to leave the game with a broken arm. There was the 2010 game where he didn't even attempt to catch a pass in the flat when he saw Suggs coming and there was the 2011 opener when he barely made an attempt to take a handoff once he saw Ngata coming. He's never achieved much against the Ravens.

So, you dealt with a mediocre-decent QB last week in Carson Palmer. What are you dealing with this week?

I still expect a blowout.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 11-17-2012 at 08:32 PM.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Whitty Hutton View Post
    Ravens have barely looked like a playoff team on the road this year, much less blow anyone out. On paper the Steelers dont look like they should be able to score more than field goals, but I wont be surprised if the D and Cam make this game much more interesting than it needs to be
    yep

6. Re: In all seriousness, if the circumstances hold up, I see a blowout in the works.

Still expect that blowout? lol

Unless you were referring to Cam's playcalling especially on crucial 3rd downs being blown out of his ass.

Blog Entries

Right now this offense can't score 30 points on the road against Morgan State. They had better get it fixed, because Houston is going to be the #1 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Right now this offense can't score 30 points on the road against Morgan State. They had better get it fixed, because Houston is going to be the #1 seed.
    Houston had problems today, so did atlanta. Morgan state will shit their pants if they played the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Houston had problems today, so did atlanta. Morgan state will shit their pants if they played the Ravens.
    Houston has effectively a 2 game lead on us for homefield throughout. And I would say our schedule is tougher going forward, though it helps if Ben isn't around for the 2nd Steelers game. Obviously, nothing is settled, but I think Houston is the clear favorite for homefield throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Houston has effectively a 2 game lead on us for homefield throughout. And I would say our schedule is tougher going forward, though it helps if Ben isn't around for the 2nd Steelers game. Obviously, nothing is settled, but I think Houston is the clear favorite for homefield throughout.
    Houston has to travel to Detroit and NE, those are going to be tough games for them, not to mention the divisional games. I think they'll wind up 12-4. I do think they are the clear favorite for HFA though, but it's not a lock.

Agreed. Nothing is locked, but I think Houston may end up like 13-3, which would mean we would have to win out to get HFA (due to tiebreaker). Obviously Houston could finish 12-4 or worse, and we could also win out, but I was just speculating as to the likelihood. If we beat SD at SD then come back and beat Pitt, then our chances of catching Houston increase a lot, imo. I am way more concerned with our road games, even against mediocre teams, than I am our home games against the better teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I am way more concerned with our road games, even against mediocre teams, than I am our home games against the better teams.
    I think the games that concern me the most are San Diego, Denver, and Cincinnatti. The Redskins won't even feel like a road game, I wouldn't be suprised if that place is half full of Ravens fans. Plus no traveling. Denver I wasn't worried about a few weeks ago, but they are on a serious roll, and Peyton is having a career year despite a noticeable lack of arm strength. He could carve us up if we don't get pressure on him. The Giants and Steelers don't worry me in the least now. The Bengals worry me a bit because they are suddenly playing well again, and have the ability to score in bunches. We need our offense to start showing up on the road. Hopefully that starts with the San Diego game. They certainly aren't the defensive force the Steelers are.