Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Boller last sunday

Just out of interest, how many of you were pulling for Boller to come out in the 2nd half of the game on Sunday?

I must admit, I actually was but I think it was because i expecting us to put up big numbers against the Browns. Oh well...S. McNair came through in the end so why change a winning formula...

Re: Boller last sunday

It didn't even cross my mind. Boller's not replacing McNair in a close game unless McNair gets hurt. Which isn't farfetched, considering how stellar our pass protection is.

3. Re: Boller last sunday

You must be out of your mind.
    No offense.lol

I still think Boller will come good! I really do

You weren't the only person that thought about it. I overheard someone else say something about bringing Boller in after the half. I looked at him like he was nuts. I think he was just joking.

Quote Originally Posted by SykesvilleRavensFan View Post
    You weren't the only person that thought about it. I overheard someone else say something about bringing Boller in after the half. I looked at him like he was nuts. I think he was just joking.
    The thought actually crossed my mind briefly also. Then again, a lot of stuff crossed my mind duing that game, like where I was going to get a new TV, how I was going to patch the holes in my wall, and whether or not the cat needed medical attention! (just kidding, I don't even have a cat :) )
    In retrospect, I'm not much of an apologist, but one thing we didn't see in TV was that the wind was blowing pretty hard Sunday. Some of you detail oriented purists will have to either back-me-up or shoot-me-down on this one, but for what its worth I think most of McNair's bad passes were into a 30mph wind. That being said, some of Fryes best passes may well have been into that same wind, so who knows:insane:

I was just going by what i was reading on ESPN and on the Game day thread:(

How bad were the throws? Were there many "almost" catches?

Quote Originally Posted by Irishraven View Post
    I was just going by what i was reading on ESPN and on the Game day thread:(

How bad were the throws? Were there many "almost" catches?
    Well, Heap had a couple of "almosts" due to coverage, but as I think one of The Sun wroiters put it, some of McNairs passes "...weren't even in the same zip code as the receiver". There were 2 or 3 totally miserable ones, which I'm hoping were the one's into the wind!

Quote Originally Posted by Irishraven View Post
    Just out of interest, how many of you were pulling for Boller to come out in the 2nd half of the game on Sunday?
    I guess I wasn't close enough to the bong, I wasn't pulling for Boller to come in.

:hammer: Almost????????

Jeeze.the zip code anology was accurate

But when the balls were to the wall, the man was steel!l

As much as I've hoped that Boller would have come on as a good/great QB.......

He couldn't have done what McAir did

Better be sharper agianst SD though

But don't hold your breath waiting for Kyle

Only a streatcher riding exit would see him in, other than a blow out

BIG TEST COMMING BOYS!!!!!!!!!:hammer:

11. Re: Boller last sunday

VARaven, I think all of Fryes good passes and big plays came when they were down wind. We had the wind behind us in the first and fourth quarter, while they had the wind in the second and third. I feel the wind made a big difference in the passing game for both teams.

The only thought i had about Boller was how many people would be calling radio talk shows for Boller to start this week against San Diego had we lost, which in my opinion would be insane.

I was thinking the exact opposite. I should note I am a Boller backer and think he was turning the corner last year, and believe our offense will be in good hands when he takes over the reigns again. That being said, I was thinking this is exactly why they brought McNair here, let's see what he can do.