Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Some Inside Info

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Or it could be that he's been here longer and is more familiar with Cameron's system and playbook.... IMO, that is the most likely reason.
    You're probably right on this. Wilbert has been here since Day 1 I believe so it makes sense.

Blog Entries

I heard that if John didn't pull the trigger on firing Cam, Steve would've sent them both packing. But I also heard that Steve really likes John. Also, I heard that he believes Flacco will be back, but he might have some competition. Flacco's stock is way down right now, and he believes he'll end up signing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Hey guys, I just was privy to some inside info from a source that is a coach on the Ravens staff.

Supposedly Harbaugh is safe for right now. Norv Turner is a likely candidate to be the OC next year. He also said that Cameron would panic if he called a running play that went nowhere, and he'd throw out all the running plays and go straight pass. (We've seen it in the games). Confirmed that Cameron thought he was always right and nobody liked dealing with him. He also said that Cameron's son was getting hazed in school about Cameron's play calling. lol They offered Wilbert the OC job first, but he declined it. The FO told him he'd be guaranteed a job if they shook up the coaching staff. Also, look for a lot of coaching/player shakeup this offseason. The FO and coaches are unhappy with Flacco's play, but they want to bring him back. Ed Reed and Ray Lewis are gone. I heard Ray Lewis could potentially be a LB coach if he wanted to do it.
    I'm sorry, but in light of recent events, and in light of efforts to stop bullying (including by Ray Rice) I don't find that the least bit amusing. Not one bit.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I'm sorry, but in light of recent events, and in light of efforts to stop bullying (including by Ray Rice) I don't find that the least bit amusing. Not one bit.
    Sorry if it was insensitive. FWIW the Ravens were concerned about it. It wasn't anything physical or serious. Just kids making jokes about Cam's play calling.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Go look at the coaches that are not the big names. Then look at the area they are from. Philly, NJ. That was the first 2 I looked at wow.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/coaches/Juney_Barnett/9cc25705-cd74-4ef4-83c0-e4cf308187c5

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/...1-451486162fa2

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/...3-a258d8c4bfb0

The last one is a FAVORITE.
    So it's a bad thing to hire a young guy for a low grade position, and then give him opportunities for advancement?

Sorry if it was insensitive. FWIW the Ravens were concerned about it. It wasn't anything physical or serious. Just kids making jokes about Cam's play calling.
    Fair enough. This is part of a larger problem, IMO, in that ppl (in general, not you specifically) are taking football just a little too seriously in the big picture. But that's for a different discussion I guess.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Fair enough. This is part of a larger problem, IMO, in that ppl (in general, not you specifically) are taking football just a little too seriously in the big picture. But that's for a different discussion I guess.
    I definitely agree. I'm not the type of person that would do that.

Also, apparently he thinks that McKinnie is in harbaugh's doghouse.

This thread reminds me of Ferris Bueller ....

"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

These posts are quite the enigma. 99% of them end up being bogus but then the occasional one is legit.

I calling BS on this one. No offense, just playing the odds. These claims are nothing more than a patch work of things we already know (minus the kid getting hazed -- which I dont buy either since his youngest is 18, IIRC) and unverifiable conjecture. There's no way the FO has already made a decision about Ray and Ed and even if some way they have, they're not going to share it with the coaches yet.

I am not saying whether or not you actually spoke to the coach. Rather, the info listed seems like a lot of hooey.

That doesn't surprise me, but contrary to many others, I don't fault Harbaugh for this. By all reports, McKinnie is a slug who exhibits zero effort in practice or in the few plays he's been on the field this year. Shoot, in August, a whole lot of ppl on this board were screaming for his release when he no-showed the first week of camp. Now all of a sudden according to some posters he's the answer to all of the problems? That's a dubious notion at best IMO.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the info.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This thread reminds me of Ferris Bueller ....

"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

These posts are quite the enigma. 99% of them end up being bogus but then the occasional one is legit.

I calling BS on this one. No offense, just playing the odds. These claims are nothing more than a patch work of things we already know (minus the kid getting hazed -- which I dont buy either since his youngest is 18, IIRC) and unverifiable conjecture. There's no way the FO has already made a decision about Ray and Ed and even if some way they have, they're not going to share it with the coaches yet.

I am not saying whether or not you actually spoke to the coach. Rather, the info listed seems like a lot of hooey.
    Hey I'm not guaranteeing the info, but I have a good source.

Just curious. Did you speak directly to this source or was this info handed down from a friend of the "source".

Fair enough.

Like I said, I wasn't doubting you. Just the info.