Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Could Contract Pressure be Getting to Flacco?

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    You know what else looks good on your resume'? Completion percentage, time of possession and winning playoff games because of it. If he stops taking those deep throws so much, throws to the open intermediate guy, checks down to a run that works, eats up some clock, keeps the defense fresh, get's the rock to Ray Rice in space-all of this, he is the one who gets credit for it. If he makes good decisions, it looks good for his contract. If he pushes too hard and makes bad decisions, he is making it harder to justify that huge payday he wants. Bottom line.
    That's a great point. 4th and 29 conversion ends up on Flacco's ledger even though it was all Rice and Boldin. Flacco just hasn't looked comfortable since the Chiefs game. Maybe it's just Cam but he's been with Cam his whole career. The contract situation is the big difference this year from every other. For a lot of players that does become an issue. I hope that's not the case with Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I think Joe is tired of this offense and it is starting to show.
    Is that why he consistently underthrew Torrey Smith deep? He was so tired?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    You know what else looks good on your resume'? Completion percentage, time of possession and winning playoff games because of it. If he stops taking those deep throws so much, throws to the open intermediate guy, checks down to a run that works, eats up some clock, keeps the defense fresh, get's the rock to Ray Rice in space-all of this, he is the one who gets credit for it. If he makes good decisions, it looks good for his contract. If he pushes too hard and makes bad decisions, he is making it harder to justify that huge payday he wants. Bottom line.
    Not here. Here, you had people criticizing him for checking down to Rice in San Diego...

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyotc View Post
    Is that why he consistently underthrew Torrey Smith deep? He was so tired?
    Maybe he was throwing short becasue he is sick ofTorrey pulling his routes up short.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoeJangles View Post
    Maybe he was throwing short becasue he is sick ofTorrey pulling his routes up short.
    Yeah, that's probably it. That's definitely it. Torry's always pulling up short on those go routes!
    Last edited by mickeyotc; 12-06-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyotc View Post
    Yeah, that's probably it. That's definitely it. Torry's always pulling up short on those go routes!
    From the Filmstudy thread:

The long throws were generally on target and not dangerously misthrown. Smith had a drop and another on which he might not have been stripped.

iggyman555 Guest

i wonder what joe will say now if someone asks him if he thinks that he is elite...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    ^agreed; he wants to get paid like other NFL QBs, of which several play on crappy teams or for subpar coordinators.
    But missing open receivers has nothing to do with the system and he's doing that more now. Last week he faced the best defense in the league that was manhandling the Oline so that was a big part of it. This week he has a chance to rack up some stats; lets see if he can do it.
    There are literally very few open receivers in our offense.

Blog Entries

I do think the contract is in the back of his mind but I agree with the people that say he's just sick of the system. I think a lot of our offensive players are frustrated with our offensive coaching staff and it's starting to show.They all give the company line during interviews but these guys are not going to run through brick walls for Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    From the Filmstudy thread:
    "The long throws were generally on target and not dangerously misthrown. Smith had a drop and another on which he might not have been stripped."

Well, Filmstudy has a more accurate view than I do, for sure. I would've sworn that at least 2 and maybe it was 3 deep throws to Smith were badly underthrown, causing Torrey to pull up and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    i wonder what joe will say now if someone asks him if he thinks that he is elite...
    Yes he will! But Joe is nowhere close to elite. He is barely average and his stats prove that!

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    Yes he will! But Joe is nowhere close to elite. He is barely average and his stats prove that!
    With that logic, the 2010 chargers were the best team in the league.