Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Same old Orioles of 15 losing years

Damn, last night was pathetic. How can they go from a great 1-year wonder to this - Yankees get a triple play vs O's.

Two guys get caught in rundowns and picked off at the same time. It was pathetic, man. Granted the Yanks were like a machine but it was so easy.

Old Buck was besides himself.

It was late in the game and the Yanks were well in the lead, but man - two guys at the same time? Come on man.

Then in the exact play of the playoffs last year Jones goes back in center field for a fly ball, not a difficult catch and he drops it, just like in the playoffs.

It was almost the same play only last year he was running to his left and blowing bubble gum while dropping the ball and last night he was running to his right and ball hits his glove and bounces off.

It didn't even hit the inside of his glove.

Paul Blair would have made those catches blind folded.

I know baseball is a marathon but this is pathetic after doing so great in the playoffs last year.

Here it is. Have a bucket next to you for when you throw up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCuwsJv1MMU
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-13-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Re: Same old Orioles of 15 losing years

As disgusted as I was with the missed catch by Jones, he does generally blow a bubble when catching the ball. I don't think that made any difference with the catch. Also, Jones has impressive range in center field and that ball was only an easy play because of his great jump towards the ball and his speed.

I don't know why Jones has had two errors (only one charged, the one he lost in the sun on Sunday was an error in my opinion) on two out plays that have led to 5 runs, but as you said it's a long season and I'll chalk them up to early season anomalies.

I still think this team should win 83-87 games this year, and maybe sneak into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Damn, last night was pathetic. How can they go from a great 1-year wonder to this - Yankees get a triple play vs O's.

Two guys get caught in rundowns and picked off at the same time. It was pathetic, man. Granted the Yanks were like a machine but it was so easy.

Old Buck was besides himself.

It was late in the game and the Yanks were well in the lead, but man - two guys at the same time? Come on man.

Then in the exact play of the playoffs last year Jones goes back in center field for a fly ball, not a difficult catch and he drops it, just like in the playoffs.

It was almost the same play only last year he was running to his left and blowing bubble gum while dropping the ball and last night he was running to his right and ball hits his glove and bounces off.

It didn't even hit the inside of his glove.

Paul Blair would have made those catches blind folded.

I know baseball is a marathon but this is pathetic after doing so great in the playoffs last year.

Here it is. Have a bucket next to you for when you throw up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCuwsJv1MMU
    They won today you can step off the ledge.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

How many tripple plays were scored on them?

We win tonight and we're 3-1 in our first four 3 game series. To already be complaining that we're the same old losing team is not only horrendously premature, but also factually inaccurate.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Not at the time thread was posted and you must have missed the tripple play, the main point of this thread and Jones continued f*ck ups allowing 3 base runners to score easily, but I gotta give it to the homers.

I SEE NOTHING, I KNOW NOTHING. SGT SCHULTZ

COL HOGAN, IF YOU EVER ESCAPE, BE A GOOD GUY AND TAKE ME WITH YOU.

SGT SCHULTZ

http://www.orioleshangout.com/articl...es-5-orioles-2
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-14-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Blog Entries

Yanks are leading already on a HR 3-0.

Markakis made a great catch on the same play JOnes mess up but runner advanced to
    3rd, then the HR. The ball hit the foul pole and bounced in.

O's are 5-5 in last 10 games so if they lose they'll be 5-6.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Yanks are leading already on a HR 3-0.

Markakis made a great catch on the same play JOnes mess up but runner advanced to
    3rd, then the HR. The ball hit the foul pole and bounced in.

O's are 5-5 in last 10 games so if they lose they'll be 5-6.
    Do you get off seeing the Orioles fail?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Same old story in NY.

Kuroda shines for Yanks and beats O's 3-0.

Here's recap.

http://espn.go.com/

Blog Entries

These guys are saying the same as me. We should have won the two games that Jones blew with errors and the one that Chris Davis blew mentioned in the OP. We should be 9-3. We're lucky where we are because we opened vs the lowly Rays.

And this:

This has been an Orioles issue for the last decade. Our pitchers tend to throw way too many pitches against the opposition while our guys swing at everything, keeping the opposing pitcher fresh and he's able to go deep into ball games. Seeing Kuroda go til the end was just painful.

Something has got to give.

MSK

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/foru...-Kuroda-an-ace
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-15-2013 at 01:52 AM.

The Orioles, thus far, are summed up in one word - lethargic. Well, maybe the exciting win over the Rays on 4/18 will get them going. But the performance in NY was pretty bad. It was their first series loss in Yankee Stadium in two years. My biggest gripe is with Showalter's managing. Between games he seems to make all of the right moves. But during games, he doesn't make enough. He sat on his butt and watched his team struggle to get a man to second base (when the 4/14 NY game was 0-0 in the 5th inning). Just like in the playoffs last October, when both teams are not hitting/scoring, he refuses to sacrifice bunt or steal against New York when the situation demands it. I honestly believe he personally lost BOTH series (postseason and last weekend).

P.S. You can probably tell that I despise the Yankees.

The starting pitching is going to kill the bullpen.

Nobody can go 7 innings and the youngsters can't even get through 6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.