Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    So, if the fourth comp pick is a seventh round pick, the one lost was a lower seventh round pick?
    Yes.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    A question for those of you much more knowledgeable than me:

I KNOW we can't trade compensatory picks. Would our own #4 and #5 get us a mid-round 3rd round pick? I'm all for that.
    No. Because they're picking at bottom of round, that would only get them into the mid-4th round.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Re: Compensatory draft picks

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I also wouldn't be surprised if Oz does some trading although you can't trade comp picks. No way 11 rookies make the team so may as well go after some targeted guys. Should be a fun draft
    I agree, and the Ravens are playing with "house money" since we won the Super Bowl. Can't trade comp picks, but can trade our 4th thru 7th round actual picks to move up (if that's what Ozzie wants to do). Should be a fun draft...Oh, you already posted that Rwt... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    No. Because they're picking at bottom of round, that would only get them into the mid-4th round.
    This isn't the law of the land, but usually a good framework...

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Our #32 picks in 4 and 5 equal 71.4 "points", which is pick 111, round 4 pick 15.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Teams will over trade if a coveted QB is on the board at 32 though. I could see Buffalo trading a 3rd round pick to move up for a QB like Glennon or Nassib if they are on the board.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Teams will over trade if a coveted QB is on the board at 32 though. I could see Buffalo trading a 3rd round pick to move up for a QB like Glennon or Nassib if they are on the board.
    it's possible especially if KC doesn't take a QB in the first round. That 32nd pick has more value because KC picks early in the 2nd round. So what KC does with the first pick will affect the value of our pick. I hope they dont take Geno with that selection.

If the QB's are still sitting there at 32 there will be teams trying to move up to grab 1. But of course the Pats will offer their spot before that. They always do.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    If the QB's are still sitting there at 32 there will be teams trying to move up to grab 1. But of course the Pats will offer their spot before that. They always do.
    Yeah, but if there are two QBs left on the board, and three teams that want one, New England trading their pick to one of those teams makes the Ravens' pick even more valuable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Yeah, but if there are two QBs left on the board, and three teams that want one, New England trading their pick to one of those teams makes the Ravens' pick even more valuable.
    New England's draft will be interesting, they need players and Brady is getting older. They might trade up this year because of teams willingness to move back, but I think they need to add an impact player in this draft. I dont know what NE will do, who ever does? Alex Smith from SF will likely be moved to a team wanting a QB for a 2nd rounder and would shock me if Flynn is moved also for a 2nd or 3rd rounder as well.

New England is a prime candidate to trade down...for one of the first times in a decade, they don't have many picks...in fact, I don't think they have any picks at all after the 3rd round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    New England is a prime candidate to trade down...for one of the first times in a decade, they don't have many picks...in fact, I don't think they have any picks at all after the 3rd round.
    Pretty much: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, two in the 7th
    (plus any comp picks they may have, which I think is zero))

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Pretty much: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, two in the 7th
    (plus any comp picks they may have, which I think is zero))
    woah, how the hell did that happen? Usually, Belichek ends up with like 4 picks in 1st 2 days!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!