Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 20212223 LastLast

Thread: May 9 Tenders

Re: May 9 Tenders

yes, I had watched the video and read the transcript too. Totally agree...in fact reading this, they did exactly what they set out to do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Here is the link to the year end presser, if you want to listen for 67 minutes to the Ravens' plan for 2017.
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...c-1bfbc3b7116b

Steve, on the direction of the team:
    “I think that our success still goes back to good defense and balance, and that means a strong running game. I was disappointed in the lack of a running game and a lack of commitment to the running game.”

“I don’t think we’re going to be successful putting the ball in the air 600 and some times. That’s not our identity and I don’t know how we got away from that.”

“I want to run the ball, I want to control the clock and I want to play good defense.”

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Here is a Bisciotti quotation from the year end presser (Jan 10) along those lines:

“The 3 to 5 yard pass is an extension of the running game nowadays in a league that has become pass happy."
    Thank you!
    I think the two quotes from different posts go hand in hand and shed light on Steve's thinking.

I think Steve is looking at teams that use the short passing game as a run substitute and saying I/we don't want to do it that way. We want to turn those short run equivalent passes back into real runs.
    Clock usually doesn't stop on a run, the offense is controlling it.
    Those lighter pass defending LBs need to be exposed in YAC - Yards After Contact, as opposed to yards after catch. Either a shifty move for a glancing hit, or the pile moving ahead for another 2-3 yards.
    We are not going to be ID's as a running team, but as a team that runs the ball .... runs it enough, and has enough good blocker TEs that can catch to make play action real effective.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Not sure about this, but, at the end of the year wasn't our pass/run % close to 50? Always thought this is balance. No?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Thank you!
    I think the two quotes from different posts go hand in hand and shed light on Steve's thinking.

I think Steve is looking at teams that use the short passing game as a run substitute and saying I/we don't want to do it that way. We want to turn those short run equivalent passes back into real runs.
    Clock usually doesn't stop on a run, the offense is controlling it.
    Those lighter pass defending LBs need to be exposed in YAC - Yards After Contact, as opposed to yards after catch. Either a shifty move for a glancing hit, or the pile moving ahead for another 2-3 yards.
    We are not going to be ID's as a running team, but as a team that runs the ball .... runs it enough, and has enough good blocker TEs that can catch to make play action real effective.
    That's fine and dandy unless the line is getting penetrated and it's des a dts hitting those backs. A poor to average line with average at best backs only equals 3rd and 7s. Then that shakey line has to hold up and well we have seen the results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    So anybody who wants to see a modern offense is shit outta luck. Running the ball and playing defense is how the owner wants it.
    Yeah I'd hate to see them in the top 10 in rushing like some of those scrub teams last year: Patriots, Falcons, Cowboys, Raiders, Dolphins...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Not sure about this, but, at the end of the year wasn't our pass/run % close to 50? Always thought this is balance. No?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Ravens were dead last in run / pass ratio last year: http://www.fftoday.com/stats/16_run_pass_ratios.html

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yeah I'd hate to see them in the top 10 in rushing like some of those scrub teams last year: Patriots, Falcons, Cowboys, Raiders, Dolphins...
    Gronk Edelman Bennett,Julio,Dez, Cooper/Crabtree, Landry/stills. It's almost like every team you mentioned had WRs you had to respect

Ozzie, when asked about priorities for the off-season:
    "We need to add some depth in the secondary, we need to improve in the offensive line, we need to find a complimentary receiver. Those are the areas we feel like we should attack this off-season.”

Ozzie, when asked about adding a WR:
    “Some of the success we’ve had here is going out, whether it’s by trade, free agency or cap casualty, and getting a veteran receiver who still has some juice left, still has some ability to play at a high level. When I was talking about getting a complimentary receiver that’s what I was referring to. It doesn’t have to come through the draft; it can come through other means.”

Except they didn't address the line or add a 'complementary' receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    The Ravens were dead last in run / pass ratio last year: http://www.fftoday.com/stats/16_run_pass_ratios.html
    Wow! What was I thinking ? I think I heard it mentioned on a talk show. Thanks for the adjustment.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Gronk Edelman Bennett,Julio,Dez, Cooper/Crabtree, Landry/stills. It's almost like every team you mentioned had WRs you had to respect

This.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Ozzie, when asked about priorities for the off-season:
    "We need to add some depth in the secondary, we need to improve in the offensive line, we need to find a complimentary receiver. Those are the areas we feel like we should attack this off-season.”

“Some of the success we’ve had here is going out, whether it’s by trade, free agency or cap casualty, and getting a veteran receiver who still has some juice left, still has some ability to play at a high level. When I was talking about getting a complimentary receiver that’s what I was referring to. It doesn’t have to come through the draft; it can come through other means.”

What are you talking about? They drafted two mid round linemen!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    If I need extra cash there are several ways I can go about it. I can ask the boss for overtime, get a second job on the week-ends, or it can come through other means (such as holding up a liquor store on Saturday night)... Bc