Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clean Energy Act

As stolen from Machone onthe scout board...

Today, the House Energy and Commerce Committee began its multi-day markup of the misnamed American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009, H.R. 2454. Sponsored by Committee Chairman Henry Waxman (D-CA), the bill attempts to impose a system of "cap-and-trade" in order to combat so-called "global warming." This massive, across-the-board household energy tax is being disguised by congressional liberals and is being sold under the slogan "cap-and-trade," which simply means giving the government power to put a cap on the amount of carbon emissions (CO2) produced by the production of electricity, gasoline, and heating oil, and forcing businesses to actively lobby Congress for higher cap levels and to buy permits for the emissions they are allowed.

It will raise electricity rates by 90 percent, gasoline by 74 percent, and residential natural gas prices by 55 percent by 2035, after adjusting for inflation.
    It imposes an annual burden of $144.8 billion per year on U.S. households, and it will reduce household earnings by a projected $37.8 billion.
    It will further cut U.S. employment levels by 965,000 jobs by reducing economic output by $136 billion per year-this translates to a $1,145 increase in energy costs per American household.
    It will force low-income households to disproportionately bear the across-the-board energy cost increase, as a larger percentage of the poor's income goes toward energy costs, as opposed to wealthier households.
    It sets the stage to effectively kill the coal industry as it will be taxed so heavily, it will not be able to sustain itself.

Still think the chosen one is only taxing hte rich and giving the middle calss it's biggest tax break in history? Seriously, he bribed the poor with this $400 per year while taking 3 times that in increased taxes.

Re: Clean Energy Act

What a shock?????????????????????????????????

the shocking part is the crickets around here for this...
    G7 hasn't found a good way to spin this yet on the Huffington Post...

Oh wait, but Obama is trying to cure global warming with this, it's not a tax, it's a cap and trade scenario....

RIGHT....

It's a straight up, intentional regressive tax, just like the cigarette tax increase, and the elimination of the cap on payroll taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Speaking of unemployment, did you read where GM is laying off 3,000 white collar jobs by end of year because OBY told them to streamline the company if they wanted more funds.

GM is also stopping production of the Pontiac Grand Am and Chevy Classic.

So streamline they did. I bet over 60% of them voted for OBY.

Hope they remember that in 4 years.

Wait til GM and Chrysler go completely under.

That is when everything hits the fan and it will be the worse depression in history.

Now is a good time to cash out. I did.
    Interesting choice that few probably even realize is what it is. The Classic is the previous body style Malibu rebadged and offerred as a fleet only car. It is not a retail unit. I guess even renters will be getting the new bodystyle. I would have assumed that the old style technology would have been profittable at this point.

you guys must be totally wrong on this one, otherwise galen would have put up one of his bullet point democratic diatribes,,, and strangely he has been silent,,, could it be that he is slowly turning left????:liar:

Quote Originally Posted by LOT"H"TAILGATER View Post
    you guys must be totally wrong on this one, otherwise galen would have put up one of his bullet point democratic diatribes,,, and strangely he has been silent,,, could it be that he is slowly turning left????:liar:
    I don't think his leaders have come up with an answer, and if they have none, he has none.

Blog Entries

What about China? How is The One gonna control their emissions?

Quote Originally Posted by LOT"H"TAILGATER View Post
    i am in ethiopia heading towards uganda. this is the first time I have stumbled upon electricity and internet wth decent speed in a couple weeks. i'll be back to keep you guys in line hopefully by next week.

Africa loves Obama.

The President of France isnt buying this stuff either.

He will be appointing one of the biggest climate change truth tellers out there in the next few weeks.

And notice how more and more climate scientists have been standing up the dogma lately?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    As stolen from Machone onthe scout board...

Today, the House Energy and Commerce Committee began its multi-day markup of the misnamed American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009, H.R. 2454. Sponsored by Committee Chairman Henry Waxman (D-CA), the bill attempts to impose a system of "cap-and-trade" in order to combat so-called "global warming." This massive, across-the-board household energy tax is being disguised by congressional liberals and is being sold under the slogan "cap-and-trade," which simply means giving the government power to put a cap on the amount of carbon emissions (CO2) produced by the production of electricity, gasoline, and heating oil, and forcing businesses to actively lobby Congress for higher cap levels and to buy permits for the emissions they are allowed.

It will raise electricity rates by 90 percent, gasoline by 74 percent, and residential natural gas prices by 55 percent by 2035, after adjusting for inflation.
    It imposes an annual burden of $144.8 billion per year on U.S. households, and it will reduce household earnings by a projected $37.8 billion.
    It will further cut U.S. employment levels by 965,000 jobs by reducing economic output by $136 billion per year-this translates to a $1,145 increase in energy costs per American household.
    It will force low-income households to disproportionately bear the across-the-board energy cost increase, as a larger percentage of the poor's income goes toward energy costs, as opposed to wealthier households.
    It sets the stage to effectively kill the coal industry as it will be taxed so heavily, it will not be able to sustain itself.

Still think the chosen one is only taxing hte rich and giving the middle calss it's biggest tax break in history? Seriously, he bribed the poor with this $400 per year while taking 3 times that in increased taxes.
    Of course, this scenario is assuming the same levels of consumption of carbon emitting fuel (including increases), and does not take into consideration the increased use of wind and solar, and new forms of powering automobiles, which could make these projections completely irrelevant......and completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    Of course, this scenario is assuming the same levels of consumption of carbon emitting fuel (including increases), and does not take into consideration the increased use of wind and solar, and new forms of powering automobiles, which could make these projections completely irrelevant......and completely wrong.
    HAHA? Seriously? Solar is going to make this irrelevant that soon? PLEASE. SOLAR, WIND and the like MIGHT SOMEDAY make a percent or two difference in our consumption... But no tnearly in time to make ANY effect on what this bill will do to the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    HAHA? Seriously? Solar is going to make this irrelevant that soon? PLEASE. SOLAR, WIND and the like MIGHT SOMEDAY make a percent or two difference in our consumption... But no tnearly in time to make ANY effect on what this bill will do to the masses.
    Hold on now...those projections are for "by 2035" The last time I checked, that's like 26 years.. Advancements in these areas come exponentially.... especially when you have an actual concerted effort to make these advances... which to now , there have been no real efforts .... Additionally, advances in the disposition of nuclear waste could pave the way for nuclear power plants... dozens of them. Necessity is the mother of invention. Just look at all the things we now use because of the research done in WWII..
    I'm not saying this bill is a good thing.. I haven't been able to analyze it. But I do believe these projections are based solely on what we know today.