View Poll Results: What should the Ravens do with Rolando McClain?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cut him NOW!

29 23.39%
  • Wait until the draft then cut him

16 12.90%
  • Keep him on the team and see what he can do in camp

35 28.23%
  • Nothing. Let him stay on the team. This is a minor incident.

16 12.90%
  • Wait until more information is public then act

28 22.58%
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: You have to be kidding me....Rolando McClain arrested

Bullshit arrest?

You can be arrested for making too much noise on private property, so it stands to reason you can be arrested for making too much noise on public property.

When police show up and tell a crowd to disperse, everyone should leave. Cussing the cops is a sure fire way to land in jail, which is exactly what happened to Rolando.

I don't care about the situation. He said he was not going to Decatur anymore and what did he do less than a month after signing a contract with the Ravens? The stupid SOB went to Decatur. Amazingly enough he wound up in jail.

I wanted us to sign him. I really thought Oz could get through to him, but I was wrong. It's not a question of whether the cops should've asked everyone to leave. It's the fact that Rolando CUSSED OUT THE POLICE knowing they'd bust him. That was immature and stupid.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Bullshit arrest?

You can be arrested for making too much noise on private property, so it stands to reason you can be arrested for making too much noise on public property.
    I am just going by the (very) limited info that was in the article. It says nothing about noise. It just says he was "with a large group of people."

Why are people zero'ing in on cursing at cops.

He refused to leave and resisted arrest.

Sure, some of us would be pissed if cops told us to leave and may curse at cops...WHILE getting your shit and getting into your car to leave.

It's another thing to tell cops something like "fuck you, I'm not going anywhere", and refuse to leave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

not at all surprised and I don't think he was ever penciled in as the answer at ILB. On to the draft...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No one is getting released before the draft.
    Futhermore, there's no point in releasing him before they are financially obligated to make a decision so why expose him to, say, the Bengals. I say keep him and try and get him in the system for a month and see if he seems to buy in. What he REALLY probably needs to do is stop drinking and go to a support group for it if necessary. He might not be an abuser but some people can't behave during even casual drinking and if he's that type he was probably shielded from fallout over that while at school BY the school. Or, he hadn't really drank much there. Oh well, they Ravens will do what they think is best.

Blog Entries

ROLANDO TO OZZIE:

Well Oz I know you're not going to believe this but I was leading a Bible study and witnessing to the homeless in the park and things, well, got out of hand when the cops arrived.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

OZZIE TO ROLANDO: You're right. I don't believe it. You're fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    What's funny s people are STILL trying to compare this guy to Ray Lewis.

I'm sorry, did Ray Lewis get arrested multiple times before his Atlanta incident? When arrested, did Ray flaunt his total lack of respect for authorities? Did Ray Lewis quit on his team and fight with his coaches?

lol.

This guy has NO character, Is not reliable at all on or off the field and is the farthest thing from a Ravens of player as you could possibly get.

If this were ANY other player on the roster, everyone would be more than willing to give that player the benefit of the doubt. Why should anybody give this guy...a guy who has shown to have issues on and off the field way too often for his short time in this league any of that? I'm not convicting him of anything...he has every right to a go through the criminal precedings with the "innocent until proven guilty" aspect.

But when it comes to your job, if you are constantly showing insanely stupid judgement and are totally unreliable, yes, your job is in jeopardy whether you are convicted in the court of law or not.

Now, maybe the Ravens don't cut him, and if they keep him, once again, I will hope for the best. But I'll have even less hope for him than I had before...it's just a matter of time before something else happens...and people here start bringing up Ray Lewis.

If he stays, I'm assuming Ozzie, Harbs and Steve tell him "I don't care what the reason is, if you get arrested one more time, for any reason at all, you're done here".

The absolute LAST chance here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Bingo. RIW, HR, myself, and one or two others expressed our uneasiness when McClain was signed. We were scoffed at because we doubted he could change his spots. "But, but, but ...it's only $700k!..." was the main argument against us. Well, guess what? I don't want a guy like this on my team if he were playing for free.

If McClain has continuing issues with police as authority figures, do you really expect he'll toe the line with Harbaugh?

Perhaps he won't be cut, but I hope he is. Sooner the better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Love the way he has been tried, condemned, and sentenced by so many of my fellow peers, considering this was the same team that supported Ray Lewis during his time of troubles.

Put in a situation? I don't care what the situation was. Unless you were there and a part of it, you have no idea what happened.

Personally I have witnessed police act well above and beyond their bounds of authority and I even have friends and family in law enforcement. See that is the beauty of this country, there is still another part to come and I am betting with his lawyers, nothing will come of this.

I don't care what his history is. Innocent until proven guilty. Half the problem with this country is jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound.

Yeah, I heard he's had scrapes before, lets just throw the key away.
    The point isn't if he was at fault or to be there to know the exact circumstances. The point is he's guilty of being a dumbass AGAIN by putting himself in that kind of situation. There's zero reason to believe now that he won't put himself in another dumb situation to get in trouble.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

I don't care what his history is. Innocent until proven guilty. Half the problem with this country is jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound.

Yeah, I heard he's had scrapes before, lets just throw the key away.
    Because everybody on here:

A. Thinks they know every situation before it u folds and both sides of the story are told.

and

B. Most on here think they should be working for the Ravens right underneath Ozzie and Decosta.

So they try Rolando, find him guilty and do Oz and Co a favor of cutting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post

A. Thinks they know every situation before it u folds and both sides of the story are told.

and

B. Most on here think they should be working for the Ravens right underneath Ozzie and Decosta.

Good morning Hyperbole ...

This has ZERO to do with him being guilty or innocent.

It has to do with making the right character choices in life and running a top notch franchise.

Blog Entries

Why was he asked to leave the area and who asked him? Just curious, I haven't seen that info yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post

and

Ridiculous.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.