View Poll Results: What should the Ravens do with Rolando McClain?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cut him NOW!

29 23.39%
  • Wait until the draft then cut him

16 12.90%
  • Keep him on the team and see what he can do in camp

35 28.23%
  • Nothing. Let him stay on the team. This is a minor incident.

16 12.90%
  • Wait until more information is public then act

28 22.58%
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: You have to be kidding me....Rolando McClain arrested

I was a fan of the move, hopefully the release is imminent.

I expect him to be released within the next 48 hours, but I also wouldn't be surprised if we kept him still. Maybe if we do we send Ray out there to give him a serious sit-down. Honestly, we should do that whether we keep him or not. Dude's a fool.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miz89 View Post
    I expect him to be released within the next 48 hours, but I also wouldn't be surprised if we kept him still. Maybe if we do we send Ray out there to give him a serious sit-down. Honestly, we should do that whether we keep him or not. Dude's a fool.
    Let's be honest...Ray won't be doing anything like that.

I'm not saying he's self absorbed, but Ray isn't this guy who's living his life for the team now. He's got his own priorities now between family and ESPN. Quite honestly, I'm wondering if he attends more than one home game this year at all.

And in a manner of thought, he shouldn't. Our locker room needs it's own new leaders, and if we just call Ray out in any of these situations, we'll never find that leader.

Further to say I'm not so sure any player can get in his head and show him that he's pissing away his life at 24 (Ok, maybe not life, but best chance at a good career and earnings)
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Unfreaking believable

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

That was short.

I guess we can wipe our behinds with that article about him changing his life now?

This probably doesnt effect much imo. They signed him knowing he has off field issues and i doubt another disorderly conduct is going to effect that too greatly. Hes probably in the doghouse to start and still only being given a chance to make the roster. I wonder if well go the route of having a guy follow him around ala other troubled stars like Pacman and in MLB Josh hamilton. Kind of there to protect them from themselves scenario. I think Rolando needs that for a few more years to mature.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Love the way he has been tried, condemned, and sentenced by so many of my fellow peers, considering this was the same team that supported Ray Lewis during his time of troubles.

Put in a situation? I don't care what the situation was. Unless you were there and a part of it, you have no idea what happened.

Personally I have witnessed police act well above and beyond their bounds of authority and I even have friends and family in law enforcement. See that is the beauty of this country, there is still another part to come and I am betting with his lawyers, nothing will come of this.

I don't care what his history is. Innocent until proven guilty. Half the problem with this country is jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound.

Yeah, I heard he's had scrapes before, lets just throw the key away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I don't see how cops can lawfully force someone to leave a public space like a park.

This seems like a bullshit arrest. He shouldn't have cursed cops out, but I do not see how this constitutes something illegal and it disheartens me that they were so quick to arrest someone for merely not complying with ridiculous orders.

Fucking Alabama.
    I'm a tad curious as to what exactly the state of Alabama has to do with this. Please tell me in exacting detail your problems with my home.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miz89 View Post
    No one is getting released before the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Love the way he has been tried, condemned, and sentenced by so many of my fellow peers, considering this was the same team that supported Ray Lewis during his time of troubles.

Put in a situation? I don't care what the situation was. Unless you were there and a part of it, you have no idea what happened.
    This.

From the face of this report...and there is probably a lot we don't know...he wasn't committing any crime. He was with "a large group of people in a park."

Frankly, if I am the same situation, and I am told to leave a public park, I wouldn't be happy about it either and may well indeed spout some profanities.

Maybe there is much more to this story that has yet to come out, but on the bare minimum of facts here, that is quite the bullshit arrest in my book.

What's funny s people are STILL trying to compare this guy to Ray Lewis.

I'm sorry, did Ray Lewis get arrested multiple times before his Atlanta incident? When arrested, did Ray flaunt his total lack of respect for authorities? Did Ray Lewis quit on his team and fight with his coaches?

lol.

This guy has NO character, Is not reliable at all on or off the field and is the farthest thing from a Ravens of player as you could possibly get.

If this were ANY other player on the roster, everyone would be more than willing to give that player the benefit of the doubt. Why should anybody give this guy...a guy who has shown to have issues on and off the field way too often for his short time in this league any of that? I'm not convicting him of anything...he has every right to a go through the criminal precedings with the "innocent until proven guilty" aspect.

But when it comes to your job, if you are constantly showing insanely stupid judgement and are totally unreliable, yes, your job is in jeopardy whether you are convicted in the court of law or not.

Now, maybe the Ravens don't cut him, and if they keep him, once again, I will hope for the best. But I'll have even less hope for him than I had before...it's just a matter of time before something else happens...and people here start bringing up Ray Lewis.

If he stays, I'm assuming Ozzie, Harbs and Steve tell him "I don't care what the reason is, if you get arrested one more time, for any reason at all, you're done here".

The absolute LAST chance here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Well that's why we were able to sign him for 700K.

I'm thinking the front office plays wait and see on this. They knew about all his red flags coming in. At the very least I expect Oz to have a serious mano y mano Tide to Tide chat with this guy to see where his head really is and where he wants to go from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    What's funny s people are STILL trying to compare this guy to Ray Lewis.

I'm sorry, did Ray Lewis get arrested multiple times before his Atlanta incident? When arrested, did Ray flaunt his total lack of respect for authorities? Did Ray Lewis quit on his team and fight with his coaches?

lol.

This guy has NO character, Is not reliable at all on or off the field and is the farthest thing from a Ravens of player as you could possibly get.

If this were ANY other player on the roster, everyone would be more than willing to give that player the benefit of the doubt. Why should anybody give this guy...a guy who has shown to have issues on and off the field way too often for his short time in this league any of that? I'm not convicting him of anything...he has every right to a go through the criminal precedings with the "innocent until proven guilty" aspect.

But when it comes to your job, if you are constantly showing insanely stupid judgement and are totally unreliable, yes, your job is in jeopardy whether you are convicted in the court of law or not.

Now, maybe the Ravens don't cut him, and if they keep him, once again, I will hope for the best. But I'll have even less hope for him than I had before...it's just a matter of time before something else happens...and people here start bringing up Ray Lewis.

If he stays, I'm assuming Ozzie, Harbs and Steve tell him "I don't care what the reason is, if you get arrested one more time, for any reason at all, you're done here".

The absolute LAST chance here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    This.

And can we please stop with the "innocent until proven guilty" stuff?

This isn't a court of law decision right now. It's a business decision and the Ravens will move forward in that manner.

My prediction is he's toast. They will cut him loose. If he manages to clear up the issue in court or the charges get dropped, good for him, but till then he doesn't deserve to wear purple.