Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Sophomore Slump" for Flacco?? Not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Need is the wrong word to to use...
    You are correct. I tend to use the word "need" too frequently and incorrectly. We could use one, but it is not a glaring "need" per se. Between Heap, Mason, Washington and I will throw Rice in there, the passing game is not looking all that shabby.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Single game?

You do understand Flacco is the number two pre-season QB in the league right now? Maybe it will translate into regular season success, maybe it wont. But dont paint this as some one game phenomenon. That's not in the least accurate.

That passing attack you seem to want to lambaste seems to be doing just fine so far.
    I'm not lambasting the passing attack. I'm simply saying, as I always have, that Flacco would benefit even more with a reliable deep threat receiver.

Ask yourself why Ray Rice got the most touches in the passing game?

This isn't about Joe. Joe isn't making bad throws and tossing picks. He know this. I don't understand the resistance to wanting him to have something better than he does now to throw to.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'm not lambasting the passing attack. I'm simply saying, as I always have, that Flacco would benefit even more with a reliable deep threat receiver.

This isn't about Joe. Joe isn't making bad throws and tossing picks. He know this. I don't understand the resistance to wanting him to have something better than he does now to throw to.
    What does it matter if Ray Rice go the most touches in the passing game? He's a threat whenever he touches the ball. It would be foolish to not get him involved in the passing game.

Wink Re: Sophomore Slump" for Flacco?? Not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Yea, really.

I think they should change the subject to escalators at the stadium!

:D

PP
    Or the Ravens Marching Band, Lee Greenwood, or Kyle Boller!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    What does it matter if Ray Rice go the most touches in the passing game? He's a threat whenever he touches the ball. It would be foolish to not get him involved in the passing game.
    I don't disagree. Ray Rice is just gifted in a way I haven't seen in Baltimore in a long time. Personally, all around he is better than Ray Lewis. In time I think he could be the next LT.

But the running back should not be one of the leading receivers on the team. If he is getting checked down to all the time it means everyone else is covered more than they should be. And there will be a time when teams will key in on that.

Tell you all what. Since it seems like a crime against humanity, and against the rules of the forum these days to have concerns, I will keep my concerns to myself. If Kelley Washington becomes this star receiver that is our guy, I will be very happy. It won't be Justin Harper since he played no snaps with 1st team. So he's out. Clayton, who knows what he'll do or how long he'll even last on the field. So all eyes are on Kelley now.

Let's see if me, and half the rest of the people watching and writing about the Ravens are wrong.

Btw, not that it isn't relevant, but great game Joe!!!

I am absolutely stoked that Flacco is looking Rice way a lot more. He is a weapon like Westbrook. Would you rather Flacco try to force it into a small open window downfield b/c he needs to throw it to the wideouts more? Or instead, dump it off to Rice who picks up 10 yds and 1st down? Many teams drop their LBs deep in coverage so those windows to throw to an open receiver are very small and quickly close. How do you force those LBs to have to move up closer to the LOS in the passing game.. the RB pass out of the backfield. Teams are now going to have to respect the Rice dump off pass and as a result, this will open up the WR passes downfield.

Pittsburgh D is not rocket science... They rush 4-5 guys, get great pressure on the QB, and the rest drop into a nice zone. A quick dump off to Rice will negate the pass rush and force Farrior, Timmons, Clark, or Troy up closer to the LOS. First of all, I like the prospects of Rice in space against any of those except for maybe Polamula. Getting them to respect that threat of the Rice pass, will open up the pass downfield. Jeez if we can somehow get a Steeler CB 1 on 1, we will toast them b/c they are not that good. The Steelers D scheme makes those CBs look a lot better than what they really are.

Good O Coordinators know how to orchestrate a gameplan to attack Ds but they need a QB to make the correct reads to make those plays successful. Flacco is growing leaps and bounds in this aspect of his development.

Everyone here would agree with you on this one. But not having a deep threat isn't going to hurt Flacco either. He seems to be developing fine without one.

To compensate for Carolina's aggressive defensive ends, Cam came up with a gameplan to called for alot of 3 step drops and dumps.

Joe even said after the game that they were dropping the LBs into coverage so he took the quick short stuff. That later help set up the longer passes.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Everyone here would agree with you on this one. But not having a deep threat isn't going to hurt Flacco either. He seems to be developing fine without one.
    It will if the receivers are covered and can't make plays. But as I said, I am not worried about Joe's side of this equation. Joe is going to put the ball in the right places.

I was watching the Giants/Jets preseason game earlier today. To me, Joe Flacco looks every bit as good as Eli Manning did in his game. And if Hakim Nicks doesn't turn out to be as good a receiver as Plaxico was, Eli's gonna have a tough year.

I gotat stick up for Stinger...he has been here a long time and I have no doubt about his "fanhood" so to speak.

I don't see anything wrong with his opinions, or anybody else's for that matter.

Hell, you spent the entire offseason telling us you were the only one who was right about how we should have drafted a WR in the draft.

JW spent the entire offseason trying to convince us to trade away our future for Julius Peppers lol (we love ya J-Dub).

But calling us the lowest scum of the earth (steeler fan) is completely uncalled for

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    He's a troll from Pissburgh.
    Ok, you know what? You are a piece of shit my friend. A solid piece of shit. I am a Ravens PSL holder and spend more on this team than you probably make.
    I'll take a mod warning for saying this gladly.

Thanks RIW. How quickly he forgets his own crap. This dude isn't worth the time of day.

Stinger was a Boller supporter, maybe he is a Stealer troll? :D Seriously though, I was a Boller supporter too :grbac:

I respect Stingers opinion, a lot of fans feel the same way.

Thats uncalled for. You cant just go around calling people trolls from pitt. I might not agree with Sting all the time but he bleeds purple and black.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller