Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Sophomore Slump" for Flacco?? Not likely.

He needs a goddamned receiver. If we can get him someone great and back him up with someone mediocre we'll be a top ten passing offense in this league...

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    He needs a goddamned receiver. If we can get him someone great and back him up with someone mediocre we'll be a top ten passing offense in this league...

- C -
    No kidding! If he had a big play guy we'd be freaking deadly.

But my goodness is Joe Flacco a freaking machine! I just got home and quick-played the game DVR'd. I don't know what was more impressive to me. Yeah, he spead the ball around tonight, and that was great.

But he didn't throw a SINGLE bad ball tonight. 5 incompletions and I can't think of any one of them where you thought "Joe, why did you throw that?". The incomplete to McClain was under pressure and no one else was getting to it. The incomplete to Mason was because Gamble had a fist full of facemask.

I'd say if I picked a nit on it, the ball Heap dropped WAS a little off, but it was still was a ball that Heap could have brought in.

This kid is just special.

Special indeed. Like I said before he has the POTENTIAL to be one of the all time greats.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

We do need a "deep-threat" guy, but I will say this; Joe Flacco is making the receivers we have look like stars too. Washington and Mason have been getting just enough separation to look like the deep-threat that we have been pining for. I do think that if Washington was paying attention, he may have been able to cut back in and get a few extra yards before steping out of bounds. But if that is all that I have to complain about from that long reception, that is not a bad position to be in.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

I think our respect and coverage from the media will increase significantly this year as Flacco's value in fantasy football goes up.

While I think our offense production will go up significantly due to 1) O-line 2) Flacco and 3) Ray Rice's best imitation of Westbrook, one more receiver would really make a difference. Hope the FO is able to deliver something in the next 3-4 weeks.

That being said, what a great change of pace to see screen passes to Rice and Flacco throwing in the middle of the field this year.

This seasons is going to be fun!!!:happyanim

Wink Re: Sophomore Slump" for Flacco?? Not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    He needs a goddamned receiver.
    and

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    No kidding! If he had a big play guy we'd be freaking deadly.

Geez, don't you guys ever give up? Flacco was on a pace for perhaps 300-400 yards passing last light, even with Clayton out.

Our receivers are adequate to do the job .... give it a rest!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    and

Geez, don't you guys ever give up? Flacco was on a pace for perhaps 300-400 yards passing last light, even with Clayton out.

Yea, really.

I think they should change the subject to escalators at the stadium!

:D

PP

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    We do need a "deep-threat" guy, but I will say this; Joe Flacco is making the receivers we have look like stars too.
    It's a good thing he got 247 yards in jsut over a half without Mark Clayton...

I guess we still NEED somehting???

Need is the wrong word to to use.

The Ravens could use another WR, but nothing I have seen so far this year makes me think we really need anything.

Flacco is the truth. The O line is monster. The backs are sick. The WRs we do have are solid. Then there is the defense. The special teams need some more work but the punter is the best I ever saw.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

No. And until I am banned from free speech I will not give it a rest. Once again let me point out who got the most of those catches........Ray Rice. And he was the second leading receiver on the team with only 4 less yards than Derrick Mason.

Joe had a fantastic game last night. Apparently in your horse farm there you didn't see that. But let's not pretend that this single game doesn't change our need to have a deep threat.

If you think Kelley Washington is catching 40+ yard bombs every game, well I hope you are right. Did you happen to notice Demetrius Williams caught NOTHING until halfway through the 3rd quarter?

In the meantime which WR is still the only one with a TD this pre-season? Oh yeah, the one who apparently isn't in the plans for the team this year.

Now, back to the actual subject at hand.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 08-30-2009 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    But let's not pretend that this single game doesn't change our need to have a deep threat
    Single game?

You do understand Flacco is the number two pre-season QB in the league right now? Maybe it will translate into regular season success, maybe it wont. But dont paint this as some one game phenomenon. That's not in the least accurate.

That passing attack you seem to want to lambaste seems to be doing just fine so far.

Blog Entries

That whole "sophomore slump" is retarded. Flacco had everything thrown at him in the playoffs, and he didn't really implode.