Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Is there Really a Game on Sunday?

Reading the NFL news you would never know that they are actually playing a game. I can't remember a year were all sorts of side show issues dominated the media as much as this one. Stupid me thought the distractions would be some kiss ass brother vs. brother stuff. Instead it's deer antlers and salary demands and 49ers QBs who want their release.

It's so nuts that Randy Moss is coming off as the sane one talking about his play on the football field. At least that's a football story. The rest of this is such throwaway nonsense. The sports media just seems to get worse every year. Hopefully by Friday they'll switch to matchups and some actual Super Bowl game analysis and away from all this meaningless crap.
    Last edited by GOTA; 01-30-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Re: Is the Really a Game on Sunday?

I agree the sports media is getting worse. I think part of the reason is social media. Maybe since the consumer has so access to so much information fast, they just feel the need to pump out as many story lines as possibile to keep up with each other and to cause as many hits on their webpages as much as possibile.

Great point. If there has been any kind of detailed matchup analysis, I have yet to see it.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

4. Re: Is the Really a Game on Sunday?

Just watch "The Coaches Show" on the NFL Network...They'll give you all the analysis you will ever need.

Blog Entries

Uh GOTA, you do realize we lost to the Patriots in the AFCCG again right? Or are you going a little insane?

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    Just watch "The Coaches Show" on the NFL Network...They'll give you all the analysis you will ever need.
    I Can honestly say since I got NFLN three years ago I've watched ESPN maybe 5 times. NFLN is great.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    I Can honestly say since I got NFLN three years ago I've watched ESPN maybe 5 times. NFLN is great.
    You mean Espin? WTF is that? I think the NFL NETwork is on non-stop at my place... I think even the plants like it...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    You mean Espin? WTF is that? I think the NFL NETwork is on non-stop at my place... I think even the plants like it...
    HA!
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

There is a football game Sunday?

This is going to sound incredibly sexist of me, but the fact is that the NFL has been incredibly successful at capturing female fans, and it has really changed the stories of the game as well as the game itself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Uh GOTA, you do realize we lost to the Patriots in the AFCCG again right? Or are you going a little insane?
    I know that didn't happen because everyone keeps telling me we have no shot against the 9ers :grbac:

Re: Is there Really a Game on Sunday?

Rumor has it that there is!