Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Remaining Free Agents

Whats wrong with Clady?

Blog Entries

If Flacco got a concussion and had to be pulled in the first quarter of a game, you'd want Mallett going out there, not Kaepernick. You can, generally speaking, run the same gameplan you installed all week with Mallett at QB as you can with Flacco. If you have Kaepernick, your entire gameplan is fucked and thrown out the window if Flacco gets hurt midgame.

That's not even to go into the fact that Mallett is better than Kaepernick, and the fact that the franchise isn't going to bring in a PR headache like Kaepernick for a position that isn't that important to them given Joe doesn't miss games for bullshit.

I don't really have interest in anyone here. I don't know a lot about the FA RTs but that's what I'd be looking at, along with maybe bringing Boldin in given the state of their TE corps and that he could fill that short-mid range, middle of the field pass catcher role like Pitta was last year.
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 07-12-2017 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    I think he'd be the 3rd option in the passing game, at best, which wouldn't yield any significant output.

And I think all you're doing there is delaying finding out if Perriman is any good, which would be more detrimental to us long term than Boldin being a benefit in the short term.
    3rd option? I don't agree. If Q is in the lineup Joe will get the ball to him. They have some history together remember. Maclin should contribute right away as well, but I do expect some adjustment period for both him and Joe. As for Perriman, I think he still gets his plays, and has another veteran to learn from. If he makes the best of his opportunities he'll get his share of plays.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    If Flacco got a concussion and had to be pulled in the first quarter of a game, you'd want Mallett going out there, not Kaepernick. You can, generally speaking, run the same gameplan you installed all week with Mallett at QB as you can with Flacco. If you have Kaepernick, your entire gameplan is fucked and thrown out the window if Flacco gets hurt midgame.
    Not to mention he didn't look bad at all against Pit. He is a good fit here. Too bad he is just an asshole, but that really doesn't matter

I don't want Kaepernick anywhere near this team. I think that last bullet if it's used at all will be on the offensive line. Also think it will be a guy that's currently on another roster that gets cut during camp.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I don't want Kaepernick anywhere near this team. I think that last bullet if it's used at all will be on the offensive line. Also think it will be a guy that's currently on another roster that gets cut during camp.
    Agreed. The offensive line is where this team needs to focus.

Blog Entries

as much as I want to see Kap play again, we already got a back up in Mallet who's been here and have settled in ok for the last couple seasons. We need Oline help stat!

Blog Entries

Does Kap even want play in the NFL? He did go to Seattle for a workout but he doesn't seem to be doing anything to get teams interested. Honestly it sounds like he's really enjoying what he's doing now. If that's his passion there is nothing wrong with moving on from the NFL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Whats wrong with Clady?
    Age and injuries really caught up with him. Clady was terrible for the Jets last year. His game was that he was an incredibly athletic LT. He was never the strongest or the biggest guy. If he can't move the same way he's just not going to be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Does Kap even want play in the NFL? He did go to Seattle for a workout but he doesn't seem to be doing anything to get teams interested. Honestly it sounds like he's really enjoying what he's doing now. If that's his passion there is nothing wrong with moving on from the NFL.
    TBH I was hoping he'd come up north. He'd be an interesting fit in the CFL.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

It's going to be Mangold and nobody else on that list. Bisciotti even gave you a hint. Mangold had no health problems when examined in April by the Ravens and Schefter reported it was a done deal. Mangold knows he doesn't have to sign right away and Ozzie will be cool with that.

To my knowledge, Mangold has shown no interest in talking to other teams since April.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    It's going to be Mangold and nobody else on that list. Bisciotti even gave you a hint. Mangold had no health problems when examined in April by the Ravens and Schefter reported it was a done deal. Mangold knows he doesn't have to sign right away and Ozzie will be cool with that.

To my knowledge, Mangold has shown no interest in talking to other teams since April.
    That's true. He visited Buffalo after Baltimore and nothing after that.

I still think he reached an agreement with the Oz man and is waiting till later to sign.

Baltimore has 6.8M in cap space. That's enough to get something done.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB