Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Rhys Lloyd -- could be a difference maker

Quote Originally Posted by blitzin_ravin View Post
    Nice to hear we have solved the kickoff isseus, should prove to be quite valuable as the season unfolds.

As for his field goal kicking, is he as accurate as I am reading? I figure to hit a 55 yarder, you have to be pretty accurate though it was in a dome...

Though I guess we won't find out about his upright accuracy for some time as long as Stover is around so its really a moot point. Just as long as he booms them into the endzone.
    He isnt on the team to be accurate,thats what we have Stover for.His job is to pound the ball on kickoffs 5-6 yds deep in the endzone and come in for the occasional 52 plus yarder that Stover cant make anymore.The kick from 55 was right down the middle though.

A lot of good points above, love the big leg on kickoffs and long field goals too. You have to like that someone with 16 years NFL kicking experience can help him with his practice habits and mindset too. Stover is a class act, and you know he will do what he can for him.

Wink Re: Rhys Lloyd -- could be a difference maker

I'm thrilled with our kicking game. It could be the best in league. Field position should be a major ingredient to our success this year. Lloyd is the most exciting new addition to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    come in for the occasional 52 plus yarder that Stover cant make anymore.
    Just to pick at that one point: Stover seems to be getting better with age. He nailed a 50 yarder to beat Cleveland last season, and booted two 50s in the preseason opener.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

wasn't Lloyd in camp last year? I don't remember anyone giving a crap about him then. Though I'm also glad he made the team. Moose was right, Lloyd made himself -more- than a luxury.
    O's, Stroh's and Nappy Ho's