Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Now, Let's Talk Draft

Depending on what San Diego does with Michael Turner I would just assume trade our first round pick to them rather than use it to draft a running back.

Re: Now, Let's Talk Draft

i've heard the michael turner rumors, not sure what we would have to give up to get him but he's probably better than any other back we could get at that spot.

I have been reading through the nfldraftcountdown data base, and I have to say that I am not really impressed with this 2007 draft crop. I would have to really think about a Michael Turner for our first rounder deal.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

I'll agree on that one....which is why you might see us picking an OT/OG or some kind of olb/de tweener or a traditional LB. They tend to get overlooked.

I'm pretty sure our first round pick will either be a RB, a OG that is READY like Blalock, or trade down. Unless someone with crazy talent falls. I don't think we can get a starter at 27 at CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    I'm pretty sure our first round pick will either be a RB, a OG that is READY like Blalock, or trade down. Unless someone with crazy talent falls. I don't think we can get a starter at 27 at CB.
    The two times I remember us picking at the end of the first round, we took guys with crazy talent who had fallen. Ed Reed, Todd Heap.

I expect this year will be the same; give me someone with crazy talent, any position.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I say we go with the philosophy that is proven....best player available regardless
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

The two times I remember us picking at the end of the first round, we took guys with crazy talent who had fallen. Ed Reed, Todd Heap.

I expect this year will be the same; give me someone with crazy talent, any position.
    1996 #26 Baltimore Ray Lewis MLB Miami
    2001 #31 Baltimore Todd Heap TE Arizona State
    2002 #24 Baltimore Ed Reed SS Miami
    2005 #22 Baltimore Mark Clayton WR Oklahoma

I love Michael Turner but honestly I would be more inclined to giving the pick up if it was in the 10-19 range. That's where we draft the Travis Taylors, Duane Starks, and Kyle Bollers of the world. In the 1-10 and 20-32 range they are money,,,,,,,

Hey, it can happen, it has before. Those all happened to be need positions as well.

I just wonder if we'll see any at our true need positions there. Namely OL, CB, and RB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H17lK3Z4_a0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5kA59Xnhew

I want him, no one expected steven jackson to fall as far as he did or Larry Johnson. It's official this is the guy I want as our pick.

As I watch him outrun people to the corner I keep saying/thinking to myself, Damn If only Jamal could have done that a few times this year how different things would have been......

I don't think we should draft an offensive lineman in the first round unless it's just a monster pick that we have to make (If the Blaylock kid is as good as everyone thinks he is for example).

I'd probably be willing to give up my first rounder to the Chargers for Turner if we could get their second or third rounder as well. In a draft like this, there isn't much difference outside of the top 10 so filling a need and keeping another first day pick is a great plan.

Now would the Chargers do this? I kind of doubt it, though it would help both teams. Unless I'm mistaken Turner is a FA next year and the Chargers could really use someone outside of Gates/Tomlinson to throw the ball to. With two first rounders they could pick up a WR and a DB (another area they need help in). Of course they could also package Turner and their first rounder to a team in the top 10 and get a stud.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I like Marshawn a LOT. If he dropped, that pick is an absolute no brainer.