Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens may not want Ed Reed back, visiting Texans on Thursday

[QUOTE=Paintballguy;601689]Get ready cause its happening. At some point you gotta let go.

I better warn the wife. Too much change happening.

[QUOTE=caliraven2;601694]
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Get ready cause its happening. At some point you gotta let go.

I better warn the wife. Too much change happening.
    I know right? :(

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by caliraven2 View Post
    Something is getting broken in my house if we don't keep Ed.
    If the team is going in this younger direction, why not bring in the new brood of defensive players?

Ed Reed's time here has come to an end, and even before he was marked as an instigator for the whole mutiny incident, I didn't want him back next season.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

It's very possible that they don't want him back. It would have much more to do with his price tag exceeding his value than anything else. Ed Reed is as high character a guy as you'll ever see in the NFL, and Harbaugh isn't the prideful, power hungry maniac that some are making him out to be.

That would leave the team with ~$9M to spend in Free Agency, 12 incoming draft picks, but holes at FS, SS, LT, and 3rd WR and question marks at OLB depth, MLB, NT, C, and OL depth.

Blog Entries
    They want younger and faster. Reed is neither.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They want younger and faster. Reed is neither.

Agreed. I think we all better get used to a totally different-looking team next year.

Reed leaving looks all but certain, IMHO.

If Ed does not finish his career with the Ravens it is his choice. Just like Ozzie did with Ray he told Ed how much the Ravens were set to offer him. If he can find a better deal than it is up to Ed to make the decision. This is nothing new and has nothing to do with the 'mutiny'

Blog Entries

105.7 FM talked about it at the 6 pm hour. He's in Houston and might even be signing now. Keep your ears on the radio. Ravens haven't even made an offer. The guy says they're purging the vets to get younger and these were all guys with big mouths. Everyone knows that Reed has mouthed off in private and public and they didn't ask him to present the bikes to the NO Police Dept. JJ did.

Same goes for Boldin and Pollard. Both were mouth pieces in the locker room and HARBs doesn't want em back.

Get this. Pollard was the player rep that the players elected. He did a lot of talking in the locker room. Some of it was good. Some of it was bad but his release has nothing to do with cap space. His cap hit is only $750Gs.

As guy on radio said, HARBs came in 5 years ago and physically ripped out the lockers and mixed up the d-guys with the o-guys for more harmony. He was asked to fixed the tension during his interview so this is what he did with the owner's blessing.

So 5 years later he won the trophy and made the playoffs more than any other coach and has the juice to do whatever he wants. So it's goodbye to Pollard, Reed and Boldin who mouthed off and thought they were safe.

Don't forget, Foxworth was the last player rep who was released as soon as the lockout was over. He even predicted it.

That's the way it is. Football is a billion dollar industry but these releases have nothing to do with $$.

Just one guy's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by edtude View Post
    If Ed does not finish his career with the Ravens it is his choice. Just like Ozzie did with Ray he told Ed how much the Ravens were set to offer him. If he can find a better deal than it is up to Ed to make the decision. This is nothing new and has nothing to do with the 'mutiny'
    It is not his choice. It's Harbaugh's choice. The Ravens haven't even attempted to bring him back. Do you really think Reed wants to leave this team after all he said after the Superbowl?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    It is not his choice. It's Harbaugh's choice. The Ravens haven't even attempted to bring him back. Do you really think Reed wants to leave this team after all he said after the Superbowl?
    Ozzies choice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    105.7 FM talked about it at the 6 pm hour. He's in Houston and might even be signing now. Keep your ears on the radio. Ravens haven't even made an offer. The guy says they're purging the vets to get younger and these were all guys with big mouths. Everyone knows that Reed has mouthed off in private and public and they didn't ask him to present the bikes to the NO Police Dept. JJ did.

Same goes for Boldin and Pollard. Both were mouth pieces in the locker room and HARBs doesn't want em back.

Get this. Pollard was the player rep that the players elected. He did a lot of talking in the locker room. Some of it was good. Some of it was bad but his release has nothing to do with cap space. His cap hit is only $750Gs.

As guy on radio said, HARBs came in 5 years ago and physically ripped out the lockers and mixed up the d-guys with the o-guys for more harmony. He was asked to fixed the tension during his interview so this is what he did with the owner's blessing.

So 5 years later he won the trophy and made the playoffs more than any other coach and has the juice to do whatever he wants. So it's goodbye to Pollard, Reed and Boldin who mouthed off and thought they were safe.

Don't forget, Foxworth was the last player rep who was released as soon as the lockout was over. He even predicted it.

That's the way it is. Football is a billion dollar industry but these releases have nothing to do with $$.

Just one guy's opinion.

I agree with your premise to an extent. The Ravens had better be careful if this is the direction they choose to go in. If what they seek is a bunch of spineless robots then they can forget about winning another SB.

Ozzies choice.

Ultimately it is Ozzie's choice, but I think he is giving his coach what he wants in getting rid of the vocal players. If Harbaugh were ambiguous to the situation I don't think Ozzie cuts Pollard and I think he tries to let Reed finish his career here. I guess this is Harbaugh's reward for firing his buddy, Cam, against his will.