Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Joe Flacco and this Ravens offense are about to go off.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Other than knowing they suck and they added Weeden and Richardson, I don't know much about the Browns.

Last couple times, Boldin has been the one who torched them in the air, with Rice doing the rest. They haven't stopped us from running the ball since before the Jamal Era. And I can't remember if they did even then.

Could be one of those games where the team wins big but your fantasy guys don't fare too well because the air gets taken out of the ball. For me that would be what the Ravens want to do tonight; get up early, then bang em with Leach and Pierce once Rice gets about 15 touches. Simple game plan, get a win on a short week and live to gear it back up again next weekend.
    They are having issues rushing the passer. Also two words for Joe to remember tonight, no Haden.

Let's see..

In our games we have scored 44, 23(should have been 27), and 31.

Does anyone honestly see that Browns being able to put up 23 points?

The only thing that can stop our offense in this game is ourselves. The Browns defense does not have the personnel to stop us. If Haden was playing they would have a better shot but they will not be able to stop our run game and we will be able to set up play action off that.

It feels good to be excited when our offense is on the field.

This is going to look a whole lot like the Cincinnati game, except the Browns are far worse.

The Browns D is going to sell out to stop Ray Rice and make Flacco beat them. Flacco will beat them. Then, they'll try to take away the pass, and R-squared will beat them.

Then, we'll put in Tyrod and Pierce. The Browns will sell out against the run again, and make Tyrod beat them. This will be the most competitive part of the game, but Tyrod's escapability gives him the advantage.

Seriously. That's how bad the Browns are.

Schein and Gannon just predicted it would be over by halftime.

iggyman555 Guest

i'm taking browns + 13.5...pretty big spread for a division game

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yup, I have a feeling there might be a lot of disappointed posters here if the team struggles tonight, which is certainly. Possible. I will take an ugly win and like it
    After last year, I'm not going into any game thinking it's a blowout. We only lost to the "bad" teams last year until the AFCCG. We started the season against three good teams this year. The Browns are the first test as to whether or not we've shed the Jacksonville-Seattle Syndrome that afflicted us last year.

Everything's lined up for a let-down game. It's a short week. We just won a big, emotional, last-second victory against the team that kept us from the Super Bowl last year. The Browns are a divisional opponent and they always play us with a chip on their shoulder, and they are desperate. The only thing tilting our way when it comes to the intangibles is we're at home.

We are the better team. That wasn't enough four times last year. Beating the Browns will go a ways towards proving we know how to beat the teams we should (again), though we'll still have to show it on the road.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    After last year, I'm not going into any game thinking it's a blowout. We only lost to the "bad" teams last year until the AFCCG. We started the season against three good teams this year. The Browns are the first test as to whether or not we've shed the Jacksonville-Seattle Syndrome that afflicted us last year.

Everything's lined up for a let-down game. It's a short week. We just won a big, emotional, last-second victory against the team that kept us from the Super Bowl last year. The Browns are a divisional opponent and they always play us with a chip on their shoulder, and they are desperate. The only thing tilting our way when it comes to the intangibles is we're at home.

We are the better team. That wasn't enough four times last year. Beating the Browns will go a ways towards proving we know how to beat the teams we should (again), though we'll still have to show it on the road.
    You are missing one thing. Both of those loses were on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    So really the first test against team that's bad (on paper of course) and on the road would be KC and even I'm a little weary of KC after seeing what they did to New Orleans.

*pushes his stacks into the center of the table*

I'm all-in for a Ravens blow-out.

my definition of blow-out >= 16 pts

A blowout would be nice, but this is a short week, and a AFC north foe. I see a 10+ win, and Rice getting 200 total yards. Flacco will be good for the browns are weak.

I mainly want to see this D against the run game. It's getting better each game, Looking for the edges to be set more.

Gotta love that we are in Charm City on a rainy Night. RICE RICE BABY

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I'm not missing it. Even at home, however, we didn't exactly dominate bad teams. The Ravens last year seemed to play to the level of the competition. The Bidwells were a bad team, and we spotted them a big lead. If not for Flacco and some hero catches by Boldin, the Ravens don't win that game.

The Browns are a team we should not only beat, we should beat handily. We didn't do at times last year. I don't care if it's a blow-out, but I am hoping to see a dominant performance.

Blog Entries

On one hand, I can see a potential 'let-down'. On the other hand, Tennessee, Jacksonville and San Diego were all able to get pressure with four defenders and all of them had formidable defenses overall. I just think that Cleveland does not present that challenge. They are struggling in all areas right now.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore