Page 119 of 123 FirstFirst ... 117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,417 to 1,428 of 1468

Re: Week 2 Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    They were exhausted because they couldn't get off the field all game. That's not the offenses fault./ 500 yards of offense by the Eagles.
    When they did get off the field, we went three and out half (or more than half?) the time. Get off the field, and right back on. Its not entirely the offense's fault, but it certainly contributed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    That's the dumbest thing I've read in a long time, who the fuck causes turnovers? Oh yeah our offense causes Vick to throw picks I guess...

The offense was worse than the defense tonight, if our offense could actually get anything going, maybe our D would have looked better with more breaks and time to rest.
    The dumbest thing huh? How the fuck do you give up 500 yards then? Come on man really?!? I know most people here have a stiffy for the D but call a spade a fucking spade! They played like shit too! Worse THAN the offense! They HAD a 6 point lead at the end of the game. I didn't see them 'bend but don't break!'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Wait, which side put 23 points on the board? Yes the offense was dead in the second half, but come on this is not fair at all.
    The offense had 3? straight 3 and outs in the middle of the 3rd quarter the criticism is very fair.

Not saying we need to let the defense off the hook because they were fucking terrible ALL GAME, not just after getting gased in the 2nd half.

So everyone but Joe played like shit?

I can name you a bunch of players who didn't "let Joe down". Comon man, that's BS, Joe played bad and that's it.
    No. The narrative would be that Joe played poorly, but recovered to pull the game out in the end. And that would be the truth. He did play poorly, but stepped up when he was needed.

Joe isn't going to avoid bad plays every single game. He's going to make mistakes and hurt the team. The problem with people's perception of Joe is that when he has a cold streak and throws a bunch of bad passes, those mistakes are seen as more significant than all the other mistakes in the game, so much so that they absolve the other players' failures.

If Michael Oher lets Trent Cole run right by him into the backfield, pressuring Joe before he gets to the top of his drop and the play finishes developing, that's a mistake, right? And if Joe throws a bad pass as a result of that pressure, then they both made mistakes, right?

That's all I'm saying. It's too much for some to hear.

Blog Entries

That's the dumbest thing I've read in a long time, who the fuck causes turnovers? Oh yeah our offense causes Vick to throw picks I guess...

The offense was worse than the defense tonight, if our offense could actually get anything going, maybe our D would have looked better with more breaks and time to rest.
    The offense didn't give up over 500 yards of offense did they?

Want to rethink your "dumbest thing you've ever heard" comment...because your comment seems pretty uninformed or horrifically biased.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    The offense had 3? straight 3 and outs in the middle of the 3rd quarter the criticism is very fair.

Not saying we need to let the defense off the hook because they were fucking terrible ALL GAME, not just after getting gased in the 2nd half.
    They gassed because they couldn't get off the field.

Wait, that's joe's fault too right? It is, yes, yes it is....

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    When they did get off the field, we went three and out half (or more than half?) the time. Get off the field, and right back on. Its not entirely the offense's fault, but it certainly contributed
    Not suggesting otherwise. BUT, the Ravens were up 10 points in the second half, and still scored 2 FG's. The defense was giving up yards even in the first half.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensinva View Post
    If Pollard is healthy, maybe he can roll on his angle again.
    hey at least you made me laugh ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    You mean the one of a million times he was getting pressured.

You're not going to tell me that apart from Ben, QBs are more accurate whilst under pressure, right?

Did not think so. :)
    Excuses. excuses. excuses. That was kind of the point. Flacco folded under pressure and even on plays when he wasn't under pressure he wasn't making good throws. You don't have to be Big Ben to find a solution for the pressure.

10. Re: Week 2 Game Thread

Well giving up 500 yards is pretty pathetic for a Baltimore Ravens defense. Plus they looked like they weren't there on the last Eagles drive with the game on the line. Ray Lewis looked old and I hope he just had a bad game.

That being said the Ravens win if not for the bad offensive pass interference call on the game winning TD throw by Joe.

When our gameplan wasn't working, we didn't adjust in the 2nd half. We flat out played like crap and looked like the same old Ravens but still could have won the game if we had some decent refs who could make the right calls. The TD callback and missing Vick's intentional grounding when sacked by Ngata are just two plays that come to mind. The game would have been ours. Having to play against the refs on game changing calls is pretty much an automatic loss. We also weren't bringing much pressure on Vick and he had lots of time in the pocket. Just a bad, bad game that leaves a very bad taste.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Excuses. excuses. excuses. That was kind of the point. Flacco folded under pressure and even on plays when he wasn't under pressure he wasn't making good throws. You don't have to be Big Ben to find a solution for the pressure.
    It wasn't about the pressure. His receivers were being man handled, held and draped all game.
    Last edited by Jay D83; 09-16-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Evidently I don't know how to spell 'handled'