Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Is C. Williams equal to V. Davis

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Cary Williams, Lardarius Webb and Jimmy Smith could all be #1 CBs on about a half dozen teams in the league. Danny Gorrer could probably start on a few and Asa Jackson could probably come in as a nickel for a few.

The Ravens really have three starters and two nickels, at the very least.
    Yup and without Suggs we're really going to need that kind of depth.

2. Re: Is C. Williams equal to V. Davis

Wait wait... Cary williams has been traded? i cant find anything on that, or is this just straight hypothetical.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

3. Re: Is C. Williams equal to V. Davis

For the record Vontae Davis may be an underachiever, but he is still a very very talented player, and he is frankly better than Carry Williams, better ball skills, stronger, faster better coverage ability. Lets face it, Cary is a solid corner. Nothing special. I cant ever see him being GREAT.. Vontae Davis has great potential in him.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    I would have taken a Colts 2 for Williams. Not too familiar with Davis
    No way I would have let Carey Williams go for a 2nd. Carey Williams is a proven decent corner and they are hard to come by. The Ravens are gearing up for another legitimate Super Bowl run. They need all the help they can get this year. Plus, a 2nd rounder is not a guarantee by any stretch. Sure, we got Ray Rice in the 2nd, but also got DeRon Jenkins and Dan Cody in the 2nd. I'll take my chances this year with Williams, Smith and Webb and my top 3 corners.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    For the record Vontae Davis may be an underachiever, but he is still a very very talented player, and he is frankly better than Carry Williams, better ball skills, stronger, faster better coverage ability. Lets face it, Cary is a solid corner. Nothing special. I cant ever see him being GREAT.. Vontae Davis has great potential in him.
    This and more this.

3yr track record vs 1 as well.

Blog Entries

Good trade for both parties.

Davis is stupid talented and if anyone can get him to focus on and off the field it is Chuck Pagano.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Davis is stupid talented and if anyone can get him to focus on and off the field it is Chuck Pagano.
    Pags is only 2 years removed from coaching the Ravens secondary. You bet he's done due diligence on this one.

Blog Entries

Lol there is no question, Davis is twice as talented as Cary Williams will ever be. Cary Williams is a dependable average starting corner, but nothing special.

Would I give up a 5th round pick for Cary Williams? No.

Would I give up a second round pick for Vontae Davis? Absolutely.

Good trade. The Colts need all the defensive help in the world. And yes I would take a second round pick for Cary all day every day.

I still think we are a better team with Cary, but he wont be on the roster next year with the money he's demanding.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Good trade for both parties.

My thoughts. Dudes talented but has issues with effort. Pagz will make him what he can be. Im not sure that means full potential but he wont be better in this league anywhere else.

Williams isnt as valuable as davis but id say hes not much worse than davis as far as production. Honestly id rather have him as depth abd lose him in FA and get a comp pick, possibly 3rd likely 4th.
    -JAB

Davis is still only 24. He's regressed a bit, but is still a solid cornerback. Two years ago, I'm not sure that the Dolphins would have traded the 22-year-old 2nd year stud for a 1st rounder. He was that much of a stud after his rookie year. Now, he's as much a question mark as a stud. All things considered, though, he's still a better player than Cary Williams, and I don't think it's really close.

Also, if the Colts offered us their 2nd round pick for Cary Williams, I would take about 4.2 seconds and make the trade.

#1 The Colts are almost certainly going to be one of the 5-6 worst teams in the NFL this year, assuring us of a top 40 pick.
    #2 Cary Williams isn't that good. People will discover that this upcoming season, meaning now is the time to trade him.
    #3 Williams only has one year left on his contract. Would you trade one year of Williams for 4 years of someone like Upshaw?
    #4 Williams plays a position where the Ravens have their greatest depth.

I don't think anyone would offer more than a 4th rounder for Williams, but if someone was dumb enough to offer a 2nd rounder, you take it without a second thought.

Blog Entries

I agree with Luke, Cary Williams is just not as good as people think he is. I honestly believe we are going to realize that this year, and yeah I'd give up a second rounder for Cary any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I agree with Luke, Cary Williams is just not as good as people think he is. I honestly believe we are going to realize that this year, and yeah I'd give up a second rounder for Cary any day of the week.
    I thik you meant you'd give Cary up for a 2nd rounder, as you jsut said you wouldn't give up a 5th for him a couple of posts ago...

I think his actual value is somewhere in between. If I had a team with suspect corners, I'd certainly trade a 4th a 5th or both for cary Williams, but prob wouldn't go any higher.