Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: For those of you furious with the NFL for dragging out the schedule release and Draft, this is hilarious.

4 days people...it's only 4 days later than last year.

Again people just want to complain about the NFL.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Re: For those of you furious with the NFL for dragging out the schedule release and Draft, this is hilarious.

Schedule release tomorrow.. 8 PM on NFL Network

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    not so anyone would notice....

;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Our long national nightmare is over.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    4 days people...it's only 4 days later ...
    " I know that you really want it, but it is only four days later..."
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    that's one failure that's here to stay. Like the London and Thursday night games.
    How are London and Thursday night games considered "failures"? And by whom? To the contrary, these have turned out to be huge successes.

The NFL is now making a bundle off both events. For those fans who enjoy watching other team's games, there will be 16 Thursday Night games (8 simulcast on a broadcast network at prime time) and London will now be the host of at least one early morning (EST) game, providing for occasional Sunday quadrupleheaders.

It's a free country - if anyone doesn't want to fly to London for a (sellout) game: don't buy the ticket. Or rather than watch the Sunday quadrupleheader: sleep in. Just change the dial on Thursday nights.

I'll personally likely go to at least one London game featuring the Ravens, and watch the morning London game broadcasted to the tailgate lots regardless of who plays (any game would be better than the talking heads). Probably not watch other teams on Thursdays unless it involves our playoff competitors.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't care if it's a monopoly or not nor should it matter.

If ANY business doesn't live up to my standards, I don't give them my money. There's no automatic that I'd have to take my money elsewhere.

I basically don't spend any money on the O's while the owner is in place for those very same reasons. I support them and root for them but I'll be damned if I give Angelos a dime of my money.
    I fucking despise Delmarva Power, but alas, not dealing with them is hardly a viable option.

Quote Originally Posted by Brien Jackson View Post
    I fucking despise Delmarva Power, but alas, not dealing with them is hardly a viable option.
    Horrible analogy. Your forced to have power in your house least you like living in the stone ages.

Pro baseball does not have that type of influence. Not dealing with Angelos is perfectly viable and has been for over 15 years now.

BTW, I have 12-15 power companies to choose from.

Expect a slow release and an overkill of analysis. The show is 3 hours long.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Horrible analogy. Your forced to have power in your house least you like living in the stone ages.

Pro baseball does not have that type of influence. Not dealing with Angelos is perfectly viable.
    The Orioles are actually a good example, as there's basically no reason for them to treat customers/the public as shittily as they do beyond just being dicks. I don't get the impulse some people have to be lickspittles and say things like "well just stop watching even though you like football" instead of saying that corporations shouldn't be dicks just because they can be.

Lightbulb Re: For those of you furious with the NFL for dragging out the schedule release and Draft, this is hilarious.

And I say that as someone who thinks that people who obsess over the schedule release (for non-travel related purposes and such) should really reassess their life priorities.

I've been obsessing over the schedule coming out, but only because I definitely plan to go to the New Orleans game and the rest of my weekend/vacation plans for the year depend on when that game is. I don't want to plan anything else in the fall or winter until I know for sure when I'm going to the Big Easy.

As for the spectacle NFL Network release show tonight, they'll release the entire schedule for public consumption at 8 most likely (I am sure the Ravens will post it on their web site at 8 sharp), and all teams schedules will be scrolling on the screen during the entire show. The 3 hour show itself seems like pointless, mush-head analysis.