Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Will John always get the better of Jim?

Jim H. took a losing team and went to the NFCCG in his rookie year as HC. He then had the guts to change QBs in 2012, and his team made the Super Bowl. IMO he's one of the top young HCs in the NFL. I don't know why some of you guys are beating up on him... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I don't understand where this better team bullshit is coming from, if they were the better team, they would have beaten us.
    Exactly. Such a week argument. We were by far the better team, because TEAM is the key word. Since when does experience not count for anything. When Ray Rice fumbled, I kept thinking back to the game in Pittsburgh two years ago, and how we had BEEN HERE BEFORE. The fact that they had experienced these same situations, and become harder, tougher, and better prepared to deal with them, is what made us the better team. The Niners were full of a bunch of young guys who got caught up in their own hype. Were it not for the blackout, they'd probably have been much more humbled today. Being big, strong, and athletic doesn't make you a better player- and having a collection of said athletes doesn't make you a better team. Period. TEAMS now how to overcome and persevere. A road the Niners are now beginning to travel.
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Jim H. took a losing team and went to the NFCCG in his rookie year as HC. He then had the guts to change QBs in 2012, and his team made the Super Bowl. IMO he's one of the top young HCs in the NFL. I don't know why some of you guys are beating up on him... Bc
    He's very similar to Rex Ryan, who had very similar results early. ONly instead of the brashness and bold talk up front, it's whining and bitching AFTER the fact.
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Thunder View Post
    He's very similar to Rex Ryan, who had very similar results early. ONly instead of the brashness and bold talk up front, it's whining and bitching AFTER the fact.
    That's a very good point (about Rex), but let's give Jim 2 or 3 more years to see if he changes his style. Jim does have something that Rex doesn't...a QB ... Bc

No clue how it would play out if it happened again, but the odds are really good that we'll get a rematch someday soon. (next 5 years is my guess).

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Good point, he had a team already put together by Singletary. Tweaked it and won because of the division he was in. Teams have improved and he will have to do something different this year. As far as CK goes, his decision payed off, but not in the SB. CK was having problems in the first half and got some breaks to get back into a grove. Unfortunately, his inability to look at all the reads cost him the game on the last drive. He had receivers open but didn't see them.
    This year Jim will have it harder, other teams now have an inside look to what his team has done and unless he makes up his mind to coach and not whine during the games, he'll make more mistakes. Referees will also have a better understanding and act accordingly. These are NFL refs, not NCAA refs.

Blog Entries

The 49'ers may have been more talented, but they weren't the better team. We'll see how Kaepernick does next season with DC's having more tape on him.

Blog Entries

How is it silly to note that before an unprecedented thirty minute blackout, the 49ers struggled with the pistol? They had six points, two turnovers and far less rushing yards than after the blackout was lifted.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

The 9ers couldn't anything going with the pistol before the blackout and before Ngata left the game, any suggestion otherwise to that is silly. Ngata was dominating them, and they were rushing for around 1/2 yards every attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The pistol formation was very effective throughout the game. Any suggestion otherwise is silly.

Pat Kirwin and others on Sirius NFL Radio pointed out this very fact when analyzing the game this week. The Niners were averaging 8 yards per play out of the pistol formation and then mysteriously, they didn't run one play out pistol during that final goal line stand.

It doesn't diminish what we accomplished. More so, it shows that superior coaching and experience will give you the advantage in clutch situations.
    Honestly, I don't think it was as much the pistol formation than the 49ers just being able to exploit matchups throughout the game. Crabtree and Davis against Ray Lewis was a winner everytime. Now seeing Pollard was hurt, Crabtree and Davis were winning zone battles against them too. Those were happening even out of standard formations.

Gore did get some yardage out of it, but it's not like Kaepernick was running all over the field on us like he did Green Bay. And there were times he was getting hit even after handing the ball off.

I think our earlier defenses before this year would have better shut down that stuff. They just knew where they wanted to attack more than anything. IMO of course.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The 9ers couldn't anything going with the pistol before the blackout and before Ngata left the game, any suggestion otherwise to that is silly. Ngata was dominating them, and they were rushing for around 1/2 yards every attempt.
    So maybe it was the loss of Ngata and not the blackout that was the difference in the 49ers' offensive effectiveness. I think the only thing the blackout did was to throw the Ravens off their game - more so than jump-starting the 49ers. I think the Ravens played without focus for about 20 minutes of game time, and it cost them.

Regardless, I don't think the 49ers are going to have an easy time getting back to the Super Bowl in the near future. They have a lot of good teams to play through in the NFC - Seattle in their own division, Green Bay, Atlanta, New Orleans will bounce back, too. It's not as if they are going to be some perennial representative of the NFC in the Super Bowl, and that isn't a reflection of their team or their coach. It's more a reflection of the game and the competition.

Blog Entries

LOL - Talking about not having it to win the SB, Jim HARBs is still whining about the non holding call in the end zone
    at end of the game. Hell, the penalty should have been vs them. Play was designed to get Jimmy to hold. Refs got
    it right by letting them play the game plus the ball was over-thrown anyway because of the pressure on the QB.
    K choked with pistol offense, pure and simple. We blow a 3-touchdown lead and they still couldn't get ahead
    of us thanks to Tucker time and Joe running out the clock in 4th qtr. We even gave them 2 pts on the
    safety and still beat them with clock running out.

But a week later Jim is still whining. SF can have him. We have the real Harbaugh champ.

His father should be ashamed of him. What a p&ssy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...the-last-play/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-09-2013 at 05:23 PM.